FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Craig Levein Interview

Guest birdog

FFS guys it's only Dundee UTD, remember the team lead by the grocer. The team who dislodged our manager and made a great effort at breaking up our best team ever!!!

GIRUY Utd you deserve all you get.

I am no hun but Utd have done more to **** me off as an ICT supporter than any of the old squirm have.

Disgraceful officiating by McCurry. Levein was right to call him a bottler. There is absolutely no doubt that Weir should have been sent off and United awarded a spot kick on Saturday. The own goal you can perhaps forgive as the linesman called it but still, McCurry had a good view and could have over ruled his assistant.

The thuggish assault by Cousin and Broadfoots elbow to Hunts throat were more acts of scumbaggery that went unpunished by the incompetent official. Best bit is now that Levein will surely be hammered by the beaks for his outburst yet I guarantee you nothing will be done about Murray, Smith and McCoist and their comments made in the last week regarding Rangers fixture issues.

Even more galling was the tackle that Ian Murray was given a straight red for yesterday at Celtic Park by MacDonald (another balloon of a ref) which was similar to the tackle by Weir yet Murray's was over towards the edge of the pitch away from goal. Both these decisions highlight the shocking inconsistency in our refereeing yet it showcases perfectly the consistency of the Old Firm getting the big decisions going their way in Scottish football.

"I'm a cretin but not a cheat" says McCurry

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/whistleblower.cfm?newsid=3948

Unfortunately McCurry is both a cretin and a cheat, but where the OF are concerned he is more cheat than cretin.

I fully support Levein and I hope he gathers more vocal support from those who matters. Like so much of the Scottish game this is laughable if it wasn't so sad.

btw wasn't Chicken McCurry the one who recently gave Ferguson the goal where he trapped it with his hand before turning and shooting. Cant recall the game.

The standard of refereeing in Scotland (and MLS for that matter) is shocking and McCurry is only one of many who consistently get complained about.

I didnt see the incidents (no highlights for us non-UK based bods unfortunately) but reading various reports it certainly sounds as if he was either grossly incompetent or biased. Also, if the statistics mentioned earlier about how Rangers win significantly more often when he is officiating than when anyone else is prove to be true then his position as a referee is untenable at any level of the game.

It is time for professional referees that have to meet certain standards and can and will be held accountable when they fail to meet them.

However, in recognition of the fact that it is also hard for refs at pitch level to see everything through a ruck of bodies and make split second decisions without the benefit of the grandstand view that we the punters or indeed the pundits have I would say it is also time to look at what technology we could implement to help them whilst not interrupting the flow of the game.

Goal line cameras ? A 5th official in the stands watching a monitor that has a TiVO / PVR type player that not only records but can pause/rewind live footage and allow them to give an instant decision in controversial circumstances ? Two additional linesmen so that each one covers only one half of one side of the pitch ? earpiece/microphone so communication with assistants is instantaneous and not by way of running over to the side of the pitch and having a discussion ?

Mr Somers that we got on Saturday was pretty bad too, and it only took about 5000 Bairns fans to influence him  :015:

BTW a mate acquaintance of mine who supports the tic always used to think McCurry was good to them (Celtic).....

Maybe they should do the same stats on McCurry and Celtic matches.

Scottish FA Chief Executive Gordon Smith said:

"Everyone at the Scottish FA is hugely disappointed in the accusations that have been levelled at one of our match officials following the match at Ibrox on Saturday.

Football is a game played by people and people can make mistakes. It is always frustrating when decisions go against you - but this has been a part of football since the game started. We rely on our referees to make decisions in a split second and without the benefit of countless replays. I think that it is extremely sad that an honest, dedicated professional has been treated in this way.

Come on Rangers you can do it boys"

All SPL games should have video evidence available, just like in the six nations, and each captain should be allowed three calls per game. This would allow refs to control the game,  give captains a say on dodgy calls, but not encourage constant shouts. Would this keep everyone happy?

Probably not, but it's worth considering.

Scottish FA Chief Executive Gordon Smith said:

"Everyone at the Scottish FA is hugely disappointed in the accusations that have been levelled at one of our match officials following the match at Ibrox on Saturday.

Football is a game played by people and people can make mistakes. It is always frustrating when decisions go against you - but this has been a part of football since the game started. We rely on our referees to make decisions in a split second and without the benefit of countless replays. I think that it is extremely sad that an honest, dedicated professional has been treated in this way.

Come on Rangers you can do it boys"

hahaha great timing!