FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

P&J today...

RossP

Assuming we sign Barrowman and he scores half as many goals in the SPL as he did last season in Div 2, which I think would be a very good return in his first season, we will still need another one striker at least?

Niculae & one of Wood/Barrowman/Bayne/McAllister or even Imrie !

Guest Mahonio

I am assuming Brew is looking at more players than Barrowman and if that fails Dorrans & Snodgrass.

He is probably going about his search in a quiet manner plus he has got until August i think for new players.

I was wondering if Gow could possibly do a job for us and also Mark Kerr is to be sold by United in order for them to sign a new striker.

Can't see Gow coming to us, I believe Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee Utd were after him so I doubt if he ould chose us over them.

IMHO Barrowman would be foolish to turn down ICT in favour of ,say, an English team for the reasons well stated above in this thread.

In view of the fact that a prominent player like Marius can come back into serious International contention after only one season in the SPL with Caley Thistle it should be obvious that the opportunity for Barrowman in the  hands of Brewster is huge. Not only will be probably get  a good chance of being in the first team consistently, unless he cannot make the step up to SPL football all at once but ,if he does, his performance should improve weekly. So at the end of the season his value will have increased but at his age he is still far from a sesoned pro and, like many more before him, he may fade into obscurity. ICT, on the other hand should hedge their bets by getting him on a 2 year deal with, if possible a third season as an option at their discretion not his.

Barrowman is in fact 1st Division material because Ross County is a 1st Division team so he must be smart enough to realise that a fair wage plus 1st team football with ICT could be the making of him. If he tries to hold out for a huge paycheck then IMHO (I am very humble tonight :003: ) should forget him and simply move on. Untried SPL players are interesting but come without :012: Guarantees.