FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

P&J today...

RossP

Guest Mahonio

All i can say on this is Thank god Brew has started searching for new players at last, or had he started earlier but just kept us waiting? :015: :015: :015:

I would actually like to see Dorrans here on loan but not to sure on Snodgrass as i haven't seen him play.

Barrowman scored loads of goals at Ross Co but the premier league is a couple of steps up from Div 2 but Danny Swanson (Dundee Utd) is an example of a player from the lower leagues adapting to Prem so if he does sign it will be interesting to see how he does, however, i am not too sure on him either.

The ICT guessing game.  between the lines,

Situation 1,  We want Barrowman and will publicly state that we will look elsewhere if we don't get an answer soon.

Sit u ation 2, We have scouts looking at talented youngsters and by still mentioning Barrowman and including Dorrans and Snodgrass, attention is diverted from the players we are really after.

Sit uation 3, We publicly mention Dorrans and Snodgrass and see if they will get in contact with us.

Situation 4, We feel under pressure to tell the press anything as to stop the fans thinking we are doing nothing.

ICT go from one extreme to the other......from silence to saying too much.

Yeah, am sure some will throw the "you can't please some people" line at me, but really...all they had to say was......

"We're currently pursuing our interest in Barrowman and we also have another couple of young strikers in our sites.  Our aim is to sign a young striker with potential as this fits best with out plans."

That tells the fans they are looking and gives them an insight into what they are looking for and why, and it does it without naming names or bringing attention to players who may now become targets of other teams.  Since we don't appear to be in any rush, the last thing you want is to be telling the world your potential targets and having them beat you to the punch.

Mixed feelings on both.  They have shown up well in the past but Snodgrass had a poor season last year, but then again the whole team did.  The worst thing is naming names at this point.

It appears to me, reading the story, that nobody from the club is quoted as naming names. Same goes for the courier story

Journalists are very good at making a story seem like its come from the horses mouth and a passing remark can be turned into a big thing. P&J is famous for such tactics and speculations. 8 out of ten times they get it all wrong.

Unless a person, and in this case its Grassa and not Brew, is directly quoted as having said something then I take the stories with a pinch of salt. This could well be a case of 'Grassa says to journalist......."I hear Tony Mowbray might put young Dorrans out on loan".......which translates in the journo's head as ICT have expressed an interest in Dorrans.

What Grassa is actually saying in courier is "we hope to have an answer from Barrowman this week and are also looking to take in another couple of strikers". Or at least thats my interpretation.

Mixed feelings on both.  They have shown up well in the past but Snodgrass had a poor season last year, but then again the whole team did.  The worst thing is naming names at this point.

It appears to me, reading the story, that nobody from the club is quoted as naming names. Same goes for the courier story

Journalists are very good at making a story seem like its come from the horses mouth and a passing remark can be turned into a big thing. P&J is famous for such tactics and speculations. 8 out of ten times they get it all wrong.

Unless a person, and in this case its Grassa and not Brew, is directly quoted as having said something then I take the stories with a pinch of salt. This could well be a case of 'Grassa says to journalist......."I hear Tony Mowbray might put young Dorrans out on loan".......which translates in the journo's head as ICT have expressed an interest in Dorrans.

What Grassa is actually saying in courier is "we hope to have an answer from Barrowman this week and are also looking to take in another couple of strikers". Or at least thats my interpretation.

Think you're probably right, Alex - posters on P&B have Accies linked with exactly the same 2 players, which suggests that agents and/or press are making it broadly known that they may be made available to SPL clubs.

Should it be a serious proposition, Dorrans would definitely be a good signing, but I seem to remember question marks in the past over Snodgrass' fitness and attitude - Brewster might be OK at sorting out the former problem but doesn't have a great record when it comes to the latter.

Will we find out about Barrowman tomorrow??

In a word.... no.

But there may be progress behind the scenes, which could lead to a positive or negative announcement from him or the club next week.

If Barrowman has been offered a really good deal by ICT it would make sense at his age to sign a two year contract. Barry Robson, Paul Hartley and even David Weir have shown that you can make it after 27 years of age and still have a great career.

Others have got greedy, paid off their agent's fees and then dropped out of the picture.

If Barrowman makes the step up to ICT and scores goals his stock will rise and he will be in a far better position than diving into the Championship and drifting down the leagues on loan. One great reason for coming to ICT would be the fact we create so many chances and with Dargo and Denzil away he has the stage to himself for scoring the most goals - unless Rory gets off to a flyer.

Assuming we sign Barrowman and he scores half as many goals in the SPL as he did last season in Div 2, which I think would be a very good return in his first season, we will still need another one striker at least?