FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Nicholson - A Cautionary Tale

Scotty

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.a...73472?UserKey=0

Seems Barry's agent may have got his clients fingers burned !!!!!

Norwich manager Glenn Roeder said: ?I have no intention of signing Barry Nicholson and I'm unhappy with agents who talk up their players supposedly going to clubs regardless of whether or not any bid has actually been made."

Dons director Miller has ruled out a new deal for the player. Miller said: ?The situation was left many weeks ago with Barry deciding he was not staying. Whether someone is trying to resurrect talks with the club or use us in the hope of getting more money for the player I don?t know, but as far as I?m concerned nothing has changed.?

The player hires the agent to get him the best deal possible by whatever means. Playing teams of against each other in the press is a favourite ploy. In Nicholsons case it may all backfire.

Incidentley, I was browsing a site one night that listed players and their agents. Cant remember what site it was but I noted that only four or five ICT players use agents.

Incidentley, I was browsing a site one night that listed players and their agents. Cant remember what site it was but I noted that only four or five ICT players use agents.

Can you try and track that site down Alex - even look in your history if possible - I would find that very interesting reading.

Guest Arab4Ever

all agents do are take money out of football. what stops a player from talking to their employer (or hopefull employer) face to face like most other people do?

Agents can only exist on fees and commission. Not all players are contractually aware and you will hear stories of famous musicians who missed out on royalties because they did not know the law or the world of commerce.

Occasionally an agent goes too far and his client is left with two bills - one for the base fee, and one for the mortgage.

Nicholson, like a lot of players, will cut their demands to meet market needs. At that point ICT will look to pick up players who are desperate to play football and earn money.

The economy is in movement to recession and both agents and players will increasingly recognise that. Ronaldo's prosed suitors Real Madrid and the paper talk of ?300,000 a week does not apply to 99.99999% of players.

• 3 weeks later...