FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where Have AllThe Fans Gone ?

Kingsmills

I don't think we need more songs, I'd be happy with 90 mins of "a bridge and a castle" (but NOT 90 mins of "one man went to mow..."). The problem is lack of singers and general noise. I was going to suggest more horns, but after the Tannadice fiasco maybe not.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much has been made of our crowds figures for the opening two games, it's interesting to note that the crowd at Falkirk today was 4,700. The same fixture last season produced crowds of 5,265 and 5,631 respectively. It is too early to make assumptions about levels of our crowds for the rest of the season, but the significant reduction in the Falkirk crowd does suggest that the general economic downturn is going to impact on most of the clubs in Scotland.

As much has been made of our crowds figures for the opening two games, it's interesting to note that the crowd at Falkirk today was 4,700. The same fixture last season produced crowds of 5,265 and 5,631 respectively. It is too early to make assumptions about levels of our crowds for the rest of the season, but the significant reduction in the Falkirk crowd does suggest that the general economic downturn is going to impact on most of the clubs in Scotland.

It could also indicate that the Falkirk fans are not happy with what they see.

Falkirk wanted ?21 to get in! Put the price of the train ticket on top, lunch, pie(s), hotdogs, drinks and booze on top and it makes for one EXPENSIVE day

Falkirk wanted ?21 to get in! Put the price of the train ticket on top, lunch, pie(s), hotdogs, drinks and booze on top and it makes for one EXPENSIVE day

Same prices as last season

Maybe it does have something to do with entertainment and success. On a personal level, I was inclined to give the next home game with St Mirren but reports of entertaining football and a successful outcome yesterday have inspired me to change my mind. More of thge same and I might even be tempted to buy a season ticket for the first time in four years.

I don't think we need more songs, I'd be happy with 90 mins of "a bridge and a castle" (but NOT 90 mins of "one man went to mow..."). The problem is lack of singers and general noise. I was going to suggest more horns, but after the Tannadice fiasco maybe not.

Aye, A Bridge and a Castle is fine but spare us One Man Went to Mow please. Give me a C, give me an A, Give me an L, etc needs to be heard much more often too.