FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

missing a bridge and a castle

us2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the Coias and their horns.

Coia & Ginja were at Arbroath, first time I've seen them at a game for a couple of years.

Not seen them in forever.

Couple of points:

I think designated seating has had an effect too. People who want to sign find it hard to all get together in the one area to belt out some noise. Safety in numbers and all that - when you start making a noise you know others will follow (that's why the atmosphere is typically better at Away games - Tynecastle/Forthbank last year anyone?)

When an area was set aside for people to all get together and make noise it was 1) not overly well thought out and 2) "abused" somewhat by the folk who used it who seemed to think they were immune to instructions from the stewards.

Certainly "home" games at Pittodrie were fantastic. Great crowd of fans there backing the team :rotflmao:

The Coias usually go to Midden.

RIG - Pittodrie was like an away day - I was pished most times I went there - there was a dedicated bunch of diehards involved and we stuck together - we also had the drums - we could stand and sing and nobody gave a ****.

I think a good way for there to be some communication between the club and the fans - read this forum for goodness sake! They'd only have to read half and they'd have a great idea whats going on.

Such as when season tickets are allocated have a box on a form saying "would you like to be part of the section G singing group *note this is not a family suited area :rotflmao:" and then they could bunch the singers together and create an atmosphere.

The last great away days I have been too were Ayr in the cup (remember the conga?) courtesy of the 'Coia Car' and Partick in the cup as well.

However, I have not yet been to a home match and actually enjoyed the atmosphere, all the best atmosphere has come at away days.

On the well old forum there was a member called Coia, and he used to run a bus (nicknamed the Coia Bus). But there were some 'problems' that I don't think anyone should go into and he left, he is occasionally seen at matches now.

Coia gave me a lift to the Ayr match as he lives in Glasgow and so do I. The 'Coia Car' was a play on the 'Coia Bus'

Coia bus was set up mainly to go to games in Aberdeen, wouldn't work for games in Inverness as the majority of people who travelled on it have family etc in Inverness so tend to go up for the weekend and not day trip.

Pity really cause those days were great fun and did generate a brilliant atmosphere whereever it went.