FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Part Time ICT Fans.

FortressICT

but they are probably scared off by all the gorgeous burds we have already.

You mean gorgeous burds like Forresdame, L_G, Guzz, Mrs Gringo Jnr, Mrs Pauliebee etc.

Don't forget our recently slimmed down glamerous rocker Maime!!

ICT Ladies - still 5 a side champions. Gawd I just sit back and think of yon beautiful maidens and I feel calm all over.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the most important and main reason for low turn-outs of crowds is due to the ridiculous prices set for matches!!

if we had ticket prices of ?10 for adults and ?5 for conceesions, oap's and students i reckon we would get an extra 1000 through the gates for when we played the diddy teams like falkirk and saint mirren. the crowd would get larger depending on which team we were playing ie hearts/aberdeen. we would also see an increase in travelling supporters.

Caley had average crowds of 3000+ in the 1950s and 60s? I'd doubt that, if only because I doubt that there is reliable verficiation for crowd figures. Back in those days many teams got huge crowds, junior games in Glasgow used to get 30,000. Things have changed for all clubs.

Get your hands on a copy of Rodwill Clynes book In A Different League and you will read it all in there. I was amazed by some of the crowds that used to attend HL games.

Incidently, you can buy the book on amazon...................for only ?75!

if we had ticket prices of ?10 for adults and ?5 for conceesions, oap's and students i reckon we would get an extra 1000 through the gates

I think you are probably right, but as they say in Excel: =IF((?20*4,000)<(?10*5,000),?20,?10)

In other words, the club gets a lot less money if they cut prices!

if we had ticket prices of ?10 for adults and ?5 for conceesions, oap's and students i reckon we would get an extra 1000 through the gates

I think you are probably right, but as they say in Excel: =IF((?20*4,000)<(?10*5,000),?20,?10)

In other words, the club gets a lot less money if they cut prices!

Surely you mean =IF((20*4000)>(10*5000),20,10) ???

To put it in simpler terms and assuming 1000 concessions

Present 3000___________________Future 4000

2000 x 20 = 40000______________3000 x 10 = 30000

1000 x 10 = 10000______________1000 x 5 = 5000

Total_______50000________________________35000

In summary an extra 1000 through the gates will cost the club 15000.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Prices in Inverness are double those in Vancouver, Canada. On almost everything. How you afford to live is a mystery to me.

Even in the very affordable Inverness Museum prices in the cafe are much more than we pay here.

People can spend their money any way they please and should not be told to feel ashamed because they don't buy ICT tickets, regrettable as that may be.

It is really up to the club to offer packages or incentives sufficient to tempt them to attend at Tulloch Stadium. Even if offering a super package for at least one or two games throughout the season brings financial pain they have to consider these options because it may be their only chance to get the fans in the door and if they can't do that what are the chances of these same fans attending regularly? In my view, Nil!

Consistently maintaining high standard prices stubbornly in the face of dwindling attendances is a no-win policy. Period.

I was in business for 29 years and used Discount plans and other incentives to attract new customers regularly and am sure glad that I did. Once they used my services I got them to cede control to me by offering them further discounts for committng to me for a series of regular jobs and increased the discounts paid as the frequency of commitments increased.

An agreement was produced in writing which I asked the client to sign which confirmed that they could quit at any time without penalty. This meant that by signing this docquet, their commitment was emotional rather than material and I knew that provided they continued to be satisfied with the work and the price then the risk of their quitting was minimal.I also got their written permission to do the work automatically without requiring their permission every time. It was a win-win situation which produced regular steady income for me.And the customer thought that they were in control because they could quit at any time.......which PLEASED them, the secret of success.

North Americans are very aggressive when it comes to sales and know how to spend money to make money , They see "loss leaders" as investments, not losses and I would advocate this approach for ICT as at least worth a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained .

Offering these discounts, called loss leaders in the Supermarket under the banner "reduced to clear", is a sales tool that these ultra sales orientated large businesses clearly know they must offer to attract and keep the punters happy.Giving something back to the customer who actually is willing to make the effort to come through the door is always welcome to that client and not only makes him/her feel appreciated for their business but also their presence.

Prices may be a deterrent to buy tickets but there are other factors as well that deter people from attending games and many of these reasons have already been highlighted on this thread. But if the club cannot control the performance on the park then they can at least control the incentives that they offer to fans which may emotionally help the fan to accept that the players are human and poor performances are part and parcel of the game. Poor performances allied to high prices are, however, a recipe for disaster I feel so half-time entertainment of any kind could be tried to buck up the emotions. :rotflmao:

Ok, so our 3-1 win over Celtic at Parkhead.

2-1 win V Rangers when Rankin scored the winner.

And coming from 2 down V Celtic last season...

Can't think of any better games in our history to be honest. But Killie and Hibs are always classics. :rotflmao:

That's not what Mee meant at all. First and foremost, she means that if she had to choose a game to go to she'd go to Hibs/Killie because these two and ICT are always pretty evenly matched thus creating a more entertaining game. How do you know a result like the ones you've mentioned before you enter the game? Most ICT vs OF games end in a convincing OF win with ICT playing secong best for an hour and a half. If I had the choice to view a game of ICT vs OF or ICT vs Hibs, I'd choice the latter any day of the week.

Ottawa is trying to get an MLS Spot and recently did a ( poll ) to see how much support this had in the City.

The Interesting thing was that at least 50% or more that answered were Females.

Maybe ICT should do something over there to attract Females.

I would think they would also bring someone with them to the games

Or is this a Canadian culture Thing?

To put it in simpler terms and assuming 1000 concessions

Present 3000___________________Future 4000

2000 x 20 = 40000______________3000 x 10 = 30000

1000 x 10 = 10000______________1000 x 5 = 5000

Total_______50000________________________35000

In summary an extra 1000 through the gates will cost the club 15000.

I agree the loss couldn't justify the extra fan base, I know I would rather play to a empty stadium :rotflmao: . I mean football has lost all meaning, all about the ??????ssssss makes me sick.

When I was a teenager, I attended every home game, most away games. Football was fun, it seems to have lost all sense of fun and is surrounded by money! Players used to play for the game! Where have those days gone!

Edited by KMCN

I know. But why?

Are there any of those "fans" on this forum? Stand up and be counted if you are.

I can safely say "Not Guilty". I've never set foot in there, nor shall i.

Come and be a season ticket holder at ICT for less than a pound a day

Someone needs to organise some door knocking I'd say!

Leave it to me. :rotflmao:

If the club are looking to drum up fresh support then they should concentrate on initiatives with schools. The kids are the future, the more of them who develop an early affinity with their local club rather than the Old Firm, Manchester United or Chelsea the healthier the future will be.

Very correct KM and incidentaly, I'm sure there are plenty of children who would like to go to the footie on a Sat but do not have an adult to take them. Leading on to....

I'm sure there are adults who would like a cheap, or cheaper season ticket/presently don't go and would happily take a young companion into the Child & family section, but are presently prohibited.

I am aware that this potentially could be a dodgy one, however, I am also sure that there is scope for a happy medium leading to more bums on seats!!!

Guest WynessLegend

there must be at least 30,000 males at least interested in football in Inverness and closer surroundings alone.

SEXIST!! Politically incorrect and devisive. Warning for roscoe :rotflmao:

Shouldn't you be at home cooking the dinner?

Ottawa is trying to get an MLS Spot and recently did a ( poll ) to see how much support this had in the City.

The Interesting thing was that at least 50% or more that answered were Females.

Maybe ICT should do something over there to attract Females.

I would think they would also bring someone with them to the games

Or is this a Canadian culture Thing?

It would maybe surprise you the number of females who do attend TCS.

not all part-time fans can attend every game. i stay in glasgow so the only 'home' games i get to are the away ones. plus with not being a student anymore the cost to get in is a lot higher, i mean 28quid was it to watch DU game??

i do try to get to as many games as i can but so far have only made 3 this year aberdeen away falkirk away and morton away.

I certainly am a part time fan, as I can't make all the games and don't go to any away games really. But I go to every home game I can.

Saying that now, the main title of this thread shouldn't really be "Part Time ICT Fans". I'm not trying to prove a point about anyone that can't make games but would obviously love to go to every game, including myself in that. Its the ones that just come out for the Celtic and Rangers games.