FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Experienced forward required in January

Westhillman

I would have thought Toronto would be cold at this time of year as well no? It's further North than New york, which gets hell loads of Snow at times and gets pure kelvin an dat at times, albeit further in land. But I cant see Dr Deucher doing a Beckham.

2ndly. I suggest Rabbie Winters. Loads of experience but i've no idea what his level is at now.

Deuchar is playing for Real Salt Lake in Utah not in Toronto.

Yeah and i was just testing you...

Nah realised that when i read the paper and there was a Deucher thingy in it. Anyways it snows in the state of Utah a fair bit at times, or at least has been known to in the past... i dont know what with global warming and all but i can imagine it still does.

But even so, he wont be joining Caley.

Seeing as Man City aint wanting fat Ronaldo, maybe we should offer him a contract. After all we have the perfect head coach to get him in shape.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richie Foran is keen to move north again. Was a very good player for Motherwell and is only playing on loan for Darlington...i think he would defnitely be worth considering.

Think Rooney and Barrowman are the future pairing, with Wood in reserve.

Could Wood go on loan to a higher level than Montrose to help

Why did we not go for Lovell - scoring goals for Falkirk already

Maybe we will go for Buchanan again in January, although he is still injured (I think) although again another player not yet proven in SPL

Would Buchanan come? We did eventually make an offer for him, I think, after not offering a pre-contract when he was on trial with us in January '07 (opportunity missed IMO), and got the knock-back - "better prospects at Partick" or somesuch. Maybe his take on that has changed as Partick don't seem to be moving forward in the First, but I'd guess he's one of those guys for whom Glasgow is the centre of the universe and the Highlands is full of scary dragon creatures.

I see the setanta ratingsgave Woody top marks

Yves Ma-Kalambay (off 45) 4 Ryan Esson 7.5

David Van Zanten 4 Ross Tokely 6.5

Chris Hogg 5 David Proctor 6.5

Rob Jones 6.5 Ian Black (off 69) 7

Ian Murray 5 Dougie Imrie 6

Fabian Yantorno 5 Russell Duncan 6.5

Steven Fletcher (off 45) 4 Grant Munro 6

Colin Nish 6.5 Don Cowie 7.5

Dean Shiels 5 Richard Hastings 6.5

Souleymane Bamba 6.5 Garry Wood 8

Derek Riordan 4 Iain Vigurs 6.5

Substitutes Substitutes

Andrew McNeil (on 45) 4 Michael Fraser -

Joe Keenan - Roy McBain (on 69) 4

Lewis Stevenson - Barry Wilson -

John Rankin - Adam Rooney -

Steven Thicot - Andrew Barrowman -

Ross Chisholm - Zander Sutherland -

Steve Pinau (on 45) 4 Jamie Duff

I see the setanta ratingsgave Woody top marks

Yves Ma-Kalambay (off 45) 4 Ryan Esson 7.5

David Van Zanten 4 Ross Tokely 6.5

Chris Hogg 5 David Proctor 6.5

Rob Jones 6.5 Ian Black (off 69) 7

Ian Murray 5 Dougie Imrie 6

Fabian Yantorno 5 Russell Duncan 6.5

Steven Fletcher (off 45) 4 Grant Munro 6

Colin Nish 6.5 Don Cowie 7.5

Dean Shiels 5 Richard Hastings 6.5

Souleymane Bamba 6.5 Garry Wood 8

Derek Riordan 4 Iain Vigurs 6.5

Substitutes Substitutes

Andrew McNeil (on 45) 4 Michael Fraser -

Joe Keenan - Roy McBain (on 69) 4

Lewis Stevenson - Barry Wilson -

John Rankin - Adam Rooney -

Steven Thicot - Andrew Barrowman -

Ross Chisholm - Zander Sutherland -

Steve Pinau (on 45) 4 Jamie Duff

pleased the lad had a good game but not sure he is the answer to all our problems yet, but hopefully he will be

Maybe, just maybe, if Brew was to choose two strikers, and stick with them, they would gel as a partnership and succed in the last third. As it is he chops and changes so much each game. I notice today it was the turn of Dougie and Garry up front. Do they look like a partnership?

Maybe, just maybe, if Brew was to choose two strikers, and stick with them, they would gel as a partnership and succed in the last third. As it is he chops and changes so much each game. I notice today it was the turn of Dougie and Garry up front. Do they look like a partnership?

Alex I am not sure what the correct partnership is up front but whatever it is brew has to decide and give them a chance to gel together

We played a 4-5-1 not a 4-4-2

I did notice that Imrie pushed further up in the middle when not running down the wing. He was, as I could see, the support striker for Wood

I did notice that Imrie pushed further up in the middle when not running down the wing. He was, as I could see, the support striker for Wood

I have kept a wee eye on that striker Liam Buchanan, coming back from injury and scoring again, could do an excellent job for us, and blackie could help out here as they are pals, trained and played for blackies dad when they were youngsters, now there is a thought Blackies dad?, let me find out more and ill get back.

Wood simply is not ready.

Wood and Rooney just doesnt work as they are too similiar and get in each other way.

SHURE we need a forward in the Window but we need to do summat now.

What frustrated me yesterday was that Barrowman and Rooney appeared to be playing in a line - 15-20 yards apart - Can anyone tell me who was the target man and who was the runner - or if they interchanged I didnt notice. They hardly ever went wide and can anyone recall seeing them making a wide run or gathering a ball wide ? Rooney appears to be the ball winner and Barrowman the poacher - lets try it that way.

Plus give them a chance and play the ball to their feet or at least at them - yesterday was a procession of hoofs.

Or what about playing the likes of Imrie or Cowie (even at a bit of a waste) up front with Rooney - in a bit of a "hole " position role ?

And what do we go fer in the window - the old fashioned centre forward or pace - now that is a feckin good question ?

Lack of a runner.....are you suggesting that we miss having Bayne?

I think Wood could very well be of a similar mould to Bayne, but with a better touch!! Put him in to work alongside Rooney and do the grunt work and I think they will click better/quicker than Barrowman and Rooney.

I think we have missed Bayne. He had gained alot of SPL experience and was always improving IMO.

As for Gary Wales and Andy Kirk. Their both good enough, but whether they have the consistancy and are able to stay clear of injury is entirely different.

Winters is an unknown quantity nowadays but defo worth a look. Was always good for a goal and vast experience.

Richie Foran in theory would be a good signing but i cant see him wanting to go further north than the central belt unless it was on a good wage. One we couldnt afford.

I think we need genuine pace up front to trouble defenders. They dont need to be great goal scorers but worry and disrupt defences enough to create chances for your Barrowmans, Rooneys and Woods. Experience would help. Who that is, is the hard question.

What eejit got rid of Bayne or was he yet another stirrer who had got too big headed and too demanding ? I have got to say that Brew appears too have an acumen for spotting the rotten apples and chucking them out. Wonder if he has a two way feckin mirror.