FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland v Argentina

Council Juice

Just found it strange that you had no problem with Hutton and Ferguson but you had a problem with encouraging a player making his International debut.

I was one of the 32k that forked out ?30+ to see Diego-GOD-Maradonna make his managerial debut and obviously hoping for an upset but it wasn't to be

I'm completely with Ross on this one, Ferguson and Hutton were 2 of OUR best players and was delighted they were both back in the team. I've given Barry-back pass-Ferguson a lot of stick on previous occasions about his contribution in Scotland games but he was the only player that didn't look in awe of the Argentina players and played his own game!

My main concern was towards the end of the first half when the Argies had a lot of possession and some of the Scotland squad were counting down the seconds until half time... when losing a game players should be fearing the half time whistle because of the earful you would expect a manager to give them but I can imagine Burley's bark to amount to that of a poodles and this was reflected on the performance IMO

They weren't even that good, obviously they were on cruise control after they scored but we were always in the game, if we had pushed a bit harder we would have got a point at least but instead we showed far too much respect and got what we deserved

AND FOR ALL OF THIS I BLAME GORDON SMITH!!

If he had reduced the ticket prices he would have easily sold out, the atmosphere would have been better they could have recouped some of the money through merchandise, food and programme sales... not to mention the 12th man on the pitch could have caused an upset that would have shocked world football... maybe a bit over the top but I felt aggreaved leaving the stadium not because of the performance on the pitch but stupidity off it!!!

oh and McManus is gash!

I couldn't care less which clubs the players play for; as once they pull on the dark blue Scotland shirt i'm supporting them regardless.

:rotflmao:

It was very VERY hard to give Lee Miller vocal encouragement!!

"... regardless of the CLUB they play for". I don't like Lee Miller as a player or as a person that's why I found it hard to give him encouragement, Aberdeen FC has nothing to do with it!!!! I did find it hard to cheer him on, but cheer him on I did.

Similarly if Nacho Novo played for Scotland i'd hate it; as I think he is an odious little cretin who is a cheat, thug and all round ned. Again, that'd be the reason for struggling to cheer him in a Scotland jersey. The fact that he plays for Rangers has nothing to do with it.

Can't believe i've wasted time on an internet troll like you today. But bite I did and I am thankful that you can now understand this issue. If you continue to try and pick holes in my reasoning, then you are clearly a waste of oxygen.

Edited by RossP

Just found it strange that you had no problem with Hutton and Ferguson but you had a problem with encouraging a player making his International debut.

Well i wouldnt have a problem with two of our better players playing either. The player making his debut is not one of our better players... by a long shot.

Also I think the confusion stems from the fact you only highlighted the lee miller section and noted it turns your nose blue.

Scotland got lucky last night. Argentina have been very of the boil of late and had it not been some good saves from the keeper and better finishing we could have been beaten far more comfortably.

What worries me is that this was a friendly. The 1st Holland game is away and compeditive. My main worry is that under previous managers we were lucky. The team got the rub of the green because of sheer effort. Despite being outclassed. Under Burley i can see us continuously going 1-0 down and that being it. I cant sense a fightback.

With Dalneigh Caleys rather odd logic on show here I think he is a Celtic fan :018:

Particularly with that Irish avatar :rotflmao:

Its Jamaican you fanbelt :thumb04:

With Dalneigh Caleys rather odd logic on show here I think he is a Celtic fan ;)

Couldn't be further from the truth , hate both the ugly sisters with a passion but you think what you want .

With Dalneigh Caleys rather odd logic on show here I think he is a Celtic fan ;)

Particularly with that Irish avatar :018:

Its Jamaican you fanbelt :thumb04:

Hence the :rotflmao:

We're all getting a little touchy now are we not?

Personally at having two players back who have commanded ?20m in fees in 3 transfers (Fergie almost ?10m in moves to and fro and Hutton around ?9/10m himself) im delighted. We dont have alot of quality and having both played in top level European champions league games and competed year in year out for trophies have more experience than all bar Fletcher. Experience is vital at this level.

So to have two players with a fair whack is of great benefit.

Lee Miller deserved a call up due to good recent form but he's the type worth trying out in a friendly, not someone who could be utilised against the Netherlands in all honesty

I dont see how Novo is a wee ned. Im no blue nose(please note), but he seems to be a family man, who doesnt get in trouble off the field. Always gives his all ON the pitch (although sometimes lets his "enthusiaism" boil over) but yes is Spanish and preferably wont be anywhere near a Scotland squad. However if he becomes a UK national by law who has only lived in Scotland, with a Scottish child and proud to live here (more than some "Scots") i'd consider him as Scottish as the rest. We are by fact a mongrel nation anyway. Most Scots have foreign blood. So if by the rules he can play, i have no problem.

On Burley, i see his half time team talk being more a "well done for turning up", than a "buck up lads, they're nothing special this lot, we can win this one" a lie but it might have made a game of it. Instead, like them we just settled for the 1-0. Something i can see happening under Burley. Like we settled against Moldova and Norway. We lack the drive we had under McLeish. Against Italy it was try to the end. We lost but i was really proud. Which is what matters.

I dont see how Novo is a wee ned. Im no blue nose(please note), but he seems to be a family man, who doesnt get in trouble off the field.

You do know how he got together with his missus don't you??

Novo was taken in by a fellow player at Raith Rovers, so that Novo (who couldn't speak much English at the time) could get used to Scottish culture. Novo repays this player by copping off with his girlfriend, whilst still living at the player's house.

Just check out his tackle in the 2-0 loss to Aberdeen last season, where he nearly decapitated someone... then as he's walking off does the whole kiss the badge and salute the Orcs routine.

Couldn't be further from the truth , hate both the ugly sisters with a passion but you think what you want .

Likewise with your bizarre assumptions about Ross being a Rangers fan :rotflmao:

Edited by RiG