FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

who would replace them?

CaleyP

I fear it will be more than just blackie and cowie that go, but if this potential disaster is to happen, who is going to replace them? if we cant afford to keep these guys then that means we're not going to be able to afford to bring in guys of the same quality surely?

Edited by CaleyP

if we cant afford to keep these guys then that means we're not going to be able to afford to bring in guys of the same quality surely?

Correct. Or guys of the same proven quality, at least.

We will just have to continue the recent strategy of taking chances on players unproven at this level, and hope that we unearth more Imries than Djebi-Zadis.

So let's get this straight. We could lose - Black, Fraser, Wilson, and Don Cowie.

That would be mortifying. All four players could not be replaced easy.

Bit odd that Munro's contract has already been signed.

Hopefully Brew will sort this out asap. Maybe he is hoping for some Jan bids!

Another question to ponder is whether we should try and sell the players concerned in January should they decide to move on or let them go for nothing in the summer? Saying that we would be entitled to some compensation for Black as he is still under-24

I think agents could be the doing of this.

Grant Munro signed his new deal pritty swiftly and i know he is captain and an Inverness lad etc, but he dosen't have an agent.

Its annoying knowing that this could all have potentially been sorted months ago, Black especially and i certainly would have given Barry a 1 year deal rather than some poxy 6 month contract leaving him in the limbo until January. Cowie perhaps not because he was offered a new deal quickly but that was his decision.

Despite Bennett saying he is confident we will stay i really don't his words reassuring.

We knew that Barry was going to move on at the end of the season, so that aint a shock, Fraser - well we have a better replacement in Esson, So if its just money he's got some arguing to do.

Black and Cowie are different, they are key players, Blackie has stated that he is happy here and wants to stay, he has matured into a fine player and will get better, Cowie on the other hand will probably leave, but we will keep him to the end of the season i think to ensure SPL status.

So out of the four players I reckon we need worry about Cowie only.

That will be Dargo who is scoring prolifically for he Buddies...............along with the other prolific signing from us.

That's the one, the point I'm making is that we were told that the club was confident he would stay. He would probably have been our top scorer again last season and this if he'd stayed but that's pure speculation. Can't say I'm sorry he lost his shooting boots. ICT curse and all that.

Is it not the Manager's and DOF's responsibility to replace them? :thumb04:

You're absolutely right 5th Stand lets not talk about anything ever again since it's never the fans responsibility to deal with the issues... :rotflmao:

I believe Vigurs to be a similar player to Black, albeit a slightly more attacking player.

Wilsons direct replacement would be Zander.

I'm not fussed about losing Fraser - Face it, we could replace him quite easily.

Leaving Cowie, who would indeed be the most difficult to replace.

Is it not the Manager's and DOF's responsibility to replace them? :018:

You're absolutely right 5th Stand lets not talk about anything ever again since it's never the fans responsibility to deal with the issues... :thumb04:

Who would replace them? The club will decide who to replace them with if at all.

Who would you like to replace them if they leave? Totally different question.

Here to help. :rotflmao:

Who would replace them? The club will decide who to replace them with if at all.

Here to help. :thumb04:

That's a nice pedantry hat you've got on... :rotflmao:

Is it not the Manager's and DOF's responsibility to replace them? :thumb04:

You're absolutely right 5th Stand lets not talk about anything ever again since it's never the fans responsibility to deal with the issues... :rotflmao:

I believe Vigurs to be a similar player to Black, albeit a slightly more attacking player.

Wilsons direct replacement would be Zander.

I'm not fussed about losing Fraser - Face it, we could replace him quite easily.

Leaving Cowie, who would indeed be the most difficult to replace.

Vigurs while looks like he is going to be a great player has not had enough games to say whether he is ready to fill blacks boots and if he is injured or suspended who is going to fill in for him

Nobody has seen enough of Zander in the SPL to say if he can make it at that level

I think Fraser is young and can turn into a good keeper I think he is worth hanging onto.

Guest bingobingo

we are kidding ourselves on if we think that we can replace them like for like that easily we cannot and should not look to replace from within

wilson 500+ games to be replaced by zander 0 starts we dont know if he can cut it at this level yet look how unpredictable rory is and he has been involved much more this is a no no

fraser would appear easiest to sort out as looks a straight negotiating the right deal contract

cowie looks as if he is waiting to see who wants him and that is bad news for us i think

blacky after last season s spat with brew i fear he has already made up his mind to go only a change of manager might stop this but that appears unlikeky plus we will lose hom for nothing as though only 23 he is entering his 24th year that means no compensation given

so looks like we have to find wide man playmaker and goalscoring midfielder all very thin on the ground i do beleive given another season that vigurs will turn into a very fine player so that is a bonus maybe if the strikers started getting hot and taking pressure off the midfield we could progress

Once again it seems like negaciations have been left a little too late.

Only thing I think I agree with is that agents are the horses arse of everything in football. To think of the players who have left because of their agents demands for cash rather than the players love for the team... shocking.

MR BREWSTER - I WILL PLAY FOR NOTHING

I can also attend training as it's just down the road from me... lol

Once again it seems like negaciations have been left a little too late.

Only thing I think I agree with is that agents are the horses arse of everything in football. To think of the players who have left because of their agents demands for cash rather than the players love for the team... shocking.

MR BREWSTER - I WILL PLAY FOR NOTHING

I can also attend training as it's just down the road from me... lol

Gringo (I will not say Jnr as I though that title had gone) you are right but it is part of the game now and the club have to deal with that.

Here to help. :018:

That's a nice pedantry hat you've got on... :thumb04:

I thought you'd like it. :rotflmao:

Guest bingobingo

ronaldo unfortunatly we do not get compensation for blacky as any player who is 24 in the year ahead means we get hee haw for him as for agents they are a necessary evil do you not think for one moment that pele robbo brew charlie did not use agents to see if their clients were available or would they like to play for us?agents try to get best deal for their players did we bemoan Barrowmans agent for keeping us waiting till very last minute or rooney agent for doing a deal?we had to speak to agents representing wilson robson esson dargo bingham hislop black proctor rooney barrowman wyness its a two way street and not always going to suit us

Gringo (I will not say Jnr as I though that title had gone) you are right but it is part of the game now and the club have to deal with that.

Money talks for most people. it's been said time and time again. But there are certain things I feel are completely uncalled for when it comes to contract negociations. I have no doubts that we'd have kept the likes of wyness and dargo had their agents not demanded more.

I don't know about anyone else, but myself personally would play for the love of the game. I didnt kick a football in the playgrounds at school because I thought i'd be earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a year, but because I loved to play and still do.

I'd love to see more Munro's in the game, where they make their own minds up and dont need a 3rd party.

blacky after last season s spat with brew i fear he has already made up his mind to go only a change of manager might stop this but that appears unlikeky plus we will lose hom for nothing as though only 23 he is entering his 24th year that means no compensation given

I see no evidence of ongoing bad feeling, only a much more mature Ian on the park. This, I feel, is one reason he will go to a good home, thanks in a way to Brew and the way he treated him!

I feel that there is little any employer can do if the employee is looking for a better paid post and has the right to leave with easy money in his pocket.

All the offers, it would appear, were made at the start of the season - although CaleyD has a bit of a doubt if the DOF is telling porkies with this one as Ian has gone to print stating the opposite. Now, wait a wee while till I think? Is that the Ian that is looking for column inches to advertise his freedom to move, surely he has no need to go to the press and tell porkies, has he? He does not want his position highlighted in any way and I feel sure his agent will have warned him to keep a low profile in case any big club notices his availability, without any big fee being involved!! He and agent don't want that do they? Spin, his agent has possibly forgotten more spin than ICT has ever learned!

Start of season too late for offers?? Maybe. Would his agent have agreed to a signing with a potential move to a much larger club, in the offing, with no trasfer fee involved, by deferring signing. Any agent worth their salt would have waited.

But wait, it is the DoF's fault, maybe Brew for being bad to the boy, the sweetie rustlers for not singing his name. It is a five lettered word that has caused the situation G R E E D!! Or the nice expression, looking after your client's interest!

I see no evidence of ongoing bad feeling, only a much more mature Ian on the park. This, I feel, is one reason he will go to a good home, thanks in a way to Brew and the way he treated him!

I feel that there is little any employer can do if the employee is looking for a better paid post and has the right to leave with easy money in his pocket.

All the offers, it would appear, were made at the start of the season - although CaleyD has a bit of a doubt if the DOF is telling porkies with this one as Ian has gone to print stating the opposite. Now, wait a wee while till I think? Is that the Ian that is looking for column inches to advertise his freedom to move, surely he has no need to go to the press and tell porkies, has he? He does not want his position highlighted in any way and I feel sure his agent will have warned him to keep a low profile in case any big club notices his availability, without any big fee being involved!! He and agent don't want that do they? Spin, his agent has possibly forgotten more spin than ICT has ever learned!

Start of season too late for offers?? Maybe. Would his agent have agreed to a signing with a potential move to a much larger club, in the offing, with no trasfer fee involved, by deferring signing. Any agent worth their salt would have waited.

But wait, it is the DoF's fault, maybe Brew for being bad to the boy, the sweetie rustlers for not singing his name. It is a five lettered word that has caused the situation G R E E D!! Or the nice expression, looking after your client's interest!

:thumb04: :rotflmao: