FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scott MacLean

Kingsmills

Many of you will remember our former strike Scott MacLean who first gamaged his cruciate ligament in a freak accident while playing against Ross County at the then very new Caledonian Stadium. I well remember the look of agony on his face as he was carried off.

Unfortunately Sott has had further problems recently with a similar injury and has now optedfor very radical surgery in a last ditch attempt to salvage his career.

Scott wasa very whole hearted player and a genuinely nice guy and I'm sure many ICT fans would wish to join me in wishing him well.

I wish any player well - whether they have played for us or not - when they suffer from a career threatening injury. Hope the surgery works

Always sad to hear these horror stories of injury but, I suppose, it comes with the teritory. A footballers career is very short at the best of times and for a lad like this to suffer this and such a low wage is tragic. I wish the lad all the very best and hope the op' is a success and he can continue to earn a few quid on the park.

Gringo Junior and I bumped into him at Central Station just after Jnr got off the train from Birmingham the day before HM3. I think he was still with Stirling in those days.

Same laid back guy... :011:

I traveled up from London for the game when we beat Clyde to secure promotion to the first - was out celebrating that night and met Scott as he was leaving G's, told him I travelled up from London for the game, his mate made a comment and Trigger told him to shut his face and chatted about the game for a while! Top lad - all the best to him.

• 2 weeks later...