FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Zadi Gone or Not (merged)

Guest birdog

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My German isn't the best, but I'm sure that I saw something somewhere on one of the sites I read that he was playing as a Central Defender for SC Verl.

I'd be surprised (ok, not really that surprised) if he was signed with the intention of playing him at Left Back, especially as we have far more need for a solid Central Defender and we already have McBain who proved more than capable of covering at Left Back.

It's either that or Brewster intends trying out Hastings as a Central Defender given how well he's done in that position whilst playing for Canada!!!

There may well be more to that last remark than meets the eye.

My first reaction was ''what? To replace Hastings? Surely not?

Playing for ICT may "rejuvenate" his career and he may like Dodds, as someone said,  turn out to  be a good signing.

In any event now is the time to get behind him, encourage him and leave it to Brew to instill in him a desire to get stuck in and succeed.

Maybe Hastings will  be asked to play a more central role --or maybe this new man may also be tried out in this role in the pre-season friendlies. Whatever he does, wish him well.

Hardly the central defensive leader we require - squad player at best. If **** goes inside then Roy can cover left back leaving Zadi as injury cover. That said the lad may have improved dramatically from his time at the Tinks, but his cv doesn?t really back that up. Hope he does well and will be interesting to see how we line up for the pre season games.

You know, I'm surprised Brewster brought him in when Richie Byrne is available for a free transfer  :rolleyes02:

Sounds like a very similar player!

Don't even go there!

You know, I'm surprised Brewster brought him in when Richie Byrne is available for a free transfer  :rolleyes02:

Sounds like a very similar player!

Don't even go there!

I said i'm surprised, not disappointed!!

i remember seeing him play against us for county in a pre season a few years ago and remarked to county fans in the Mallard  the guy looked like a player. he impressed me that day anyway, hopefully he can come and and carry on impressing

He struck me as being in the Bobo Balde mould and I would imagine he may well be tried in the central defensive area as well as wing back.  He could well become a cult figure...........then again, maybe we won't get the best out of him. 

I am behind this siging, give the guy a break and forget he ever played for County.......who.

If we'd signed Micheal Ballack there would be fans on here finding some fault or other.

Apparantly Zadi didn't do too well in Germany because his style of play was deemed to be too aggressive. He has no fear and likes to get in about players. Something that is lacking at ICT.

If we'd signed Micheal Ballack there would be fans on here finding some fault or other.

I doubt anyone would. The fans reaction is for a reason. By all accounts the guy is woefully inconsistent and prone to errors. Not the inspiring signing a lot of fans would have been looking for.

The fans reaction is for a reason. By all accounts the guy is woefully inconsistent and prone to errors. Not the inspiring signing a lot of fans would have been looking for.

Which accounts are those? It's amazing that some people manage to be so negative about a player we know very little about. This guy will provide some much needed competition for Hastings whose place has been safe since Golly left.

He says Brew was "looking for a left back who could go forward". Well that's something we've definitely been lacking for some time.

Which accounts are those? It's amazing that some people manage to be so negative about a player we know very little about. This guy will provide some much needed competition for Hastings whose place has been safe since Golly left.

He says Brew was "looking for a left back who could go forward". Well that's something we've definitely been lacking for some time.

The accounts of Ross County fans. They are pissing themselves that we have signed him.

The accounts of Ross County fans. They are pissing themselves that we have signed him.

And he was so bad there that he started in every game.

That doesn't autmatically make him good and therefore a good signing for us Alex. He was prone to errors, had bad positioning when defending. Phil McGuire started a lot of games for us and you can see how highly rated he is by some.

While yourself and Caley Stan seem preplexed at those who are negative about this signing, equally there are those who are staggered that this can be viewed as a good signing, especially given what County fans say about him.

I think this signing will split the support.

Lionel is one of those players where he can be so bad at times you laugh instead of cry.

Also he can be one of those players who can rip the whole right side of a team apart, the season before we were relegated we were playing away to Brechin and anyone who is familiar with the pitch will know it slopes, this was great for Lionel as he could hump it up the pitch and catch it before it went out  :015:

His positional sense is diabolical, maybe this is due to his lack of English, but he always seemed to drift into central defence when he was meant to be a left back, on many occasions a right winger would just hug the line against us and put in cross after cross.

With Zadi you will never know what he is going to do, and if its anything, dont think he has a clue sometimes.

The going up for a header with closed eyes is something you will become used to in time.

Occasionaly he will have a wonder strike from 30 yards, most of the time someone in your stand will lose a couple teeth.

Not SPL class in the slightest, don't see where Brewster see's him fitting in, some of you were saying a central defender, well that could have horrific consequences. Pace is his only assest. Thats why he fits as a full back, saw Hastings play last year and i would most definately stick with him

Caley at 7/1 to go down, seems your building a squad for the first division ?

Not like County fans to be bitter and twisted is it.  Why should we believe these so called experts of the lower divisions, they know no more about football than us ICT fans.  I am happy to leave it to the ones getting paid to select the players.

rig, not all County fans were against him, some thought he was great, but I don't expect many to compliment him once he has  signed for us.  Why don't we wait and see for ourselves, with the right coaching and players around him, he could well be the rock we have needed in the back line.  He will be no pushover thats for sure and if he can get consistency into his game then he may well prove to be a pretty shrewd acquisition.

Not like County fans to be bitter and twisted is it.  Why should we believe these so called experts of the lower divisions, they know no more about football than us ICT fans.  I am happy to leave it to the ones getting paid to select the players.

rig, not all County fans were against him, some thought he was great, but I don't expect many to compliment him once he has  signed for us.  Why don't we wait and see for ourselves, with the right coaching and players around him, he could well be the rock we have needed in the back line.  He will be no pushover thats for sure and if he can get consistency into his game then he may well prove to be a pretty shrewd acquisition.

:clapping03:

Robbo has, by all accounts, said that this is a good signing for ICT.  He obviously rated the player when he signed him for C*unty, and from what I understand he would have still been a C*unty player had it not been for them making financial cutbacks which meant they couldn't afford to extend his contract.

Knowing our history for signing the best that C*unty have to offer then it may well have been the case that had Zadi signed an extended deal then he would have been an ICT player before now  :023:

Guest TinCanFan

Notice how on ictfc.co.uk that Proctor is now number 4.  As that number is not usually associated with right wingers and right midfielders that could mean that Brew may prefer playing him as a centre back.  Djebi-Zadi is 3 and McGuire has now become 5.  Also, Alexander MacDonald is no longer on the list, so has he left?

Notice how on ictfc.co.uk that Proctor is now number 4.  As that number is not usually associated with right wingers and right midfielders that could mean that Brew may prefer playing him as a centre back.  Djebi-Zadi is 3 and McGuire has now become 5.

we've lost a few players so Brewster's just filling in the spaces.

makes it look better I suppose.

Guest TinCanFan

And one other thing, now that all the "traditional" centre back defensive numbers have been taken (2,3,4,5,6), that could mean that Brew's defensive signings are over.