FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen have sold out away end

RossP

Reading on AFC-CHAT that away end is sold out and the ICT board have made 500 extra tickets available for them?

If true does that mean they'll be in the uncovered section of Main stand? or the West 'stand'?

I suppose... even if the story about extra tickets is untrue, there'll still be plenty of spare seats in the home support that Dons fans can occupy behind enemy lines.

Read that as well but think its total guff. If there is 500 tickets avaliable for pay at the gate then they havent sold out their allocation by 500. Never have away fans been given extra tickets in the home end, it wouldnt work for segregation, toiliets, pie shop etc.

Before we were in the SPHell we shared the main stand. A few stewards seperating the fans worked then and it would work now. Toilets & pie shop for the South Stand would suffice.

Guest bagsofjags

Really doubt there would be any crowd trouble in that scenario, but you know what the police are like for paranoia so I can't see them allowing it. I would guess either the original allocation wasn't for the whole stand, or the thing about extra tickets isn't happening. I do hope we accommodate as many of them as possible though because it makes absolutely no sense to have people turned back on the grounds that the away section is "sold out" when there are still a load of free seats in the home end.

The worrying thing for me is that we may reach the point where there are more visitting fans than home fans, in which case the main stand should be allocated to them and the current situation on the park is doing nothing to allay my fears.

Never say never. :rotflmao:

The worrying thing for me is that we may reach the point where there are more visitting fans than home fans, in which case the main stand should be allocated to them and the current situation on the park is doing nothing to allay my fears.

Never say never. :rotflmao:

You mean like when the Glasgow twins come calling.

Never say never. :thumb04:

You mean like when the Glasgow twins come calling.

It's not allocated,..............at least not officially. :rotflmao:

John Robertson on "open all mics" has been stressing how over capacity the dons stand is, saying that ICT would have to put some fans in another stand, and that a lot of fans were watching the game from standing in the steps as there were no seats. Hardly a good thing to do and i doubt the SPL will be happy with that. What are they doing at the ticket office, police/stewarding