FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Manager

Scotty

Of the candidates to emerge so far, who would you go for [more names may be added and you CAN change your vote]  

516 members have voted

1. 1.

• Brewster
    • Warnock
    • Malpas
    • Robertson
    • Pressley
    • Coyle

Guest donmac298

For me it has to be Warnock.  He is miles ahead of any of the other names mentioned. in managing at a higher level.  He has plenty of contacts down south and he is also the type who does not take any sh!t from anyone.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Pressley as Player/Manager sounds very good to me if he can get the right assistant for the off the park/coaching work to help him find his feet.

Definitely Warnock for me. He'd add a different dimension to the club. The publicity surrounding the appointment and the continuing media traffic surrounding him would send the profile of the club sky high. The contacts he's built up over the years could also mean he'd recruit a good standard of player from south of the border.Plus, he's a character.

Definitely Warnock for me. He'd add a different dimension to the club. The publicity surrounding the appointment and the continuing media traffic surrounding him would send the profile of the club sky high. The contacts he's built up over the years could also mean he'd recruit a good standard of player from south of the border.Plus, he's a character.

He's certainly a wee bit more exciting than Brewster....  :023:

Does Steven Pressely have the necessary coaching badges ? If so he would be a risky but attractive candidate especially as he would help plug the defensive gap at the same time.

Apparently he's doing his coaching badges at the moment... Alex McLeish has just been on North Tonight suggesting that he is a natural coach/manager and that a move to Caley would be good for both him and us..... :024:

Well for me it's Warnock if you look at the CV for track record and experience....and the clips for passion !

Second choice would be Pressley.....bit of a risk as no record but he does display the passion.

Previous managers take a hike. You were quick to bale out when others came calling.

If the quotes are correct, Warnock has more or less said the cash is incidental. He will know from Rossco's testimonial that resources this side of Aviemore are scarce. As an unemployed person with wads of cash the thrill of managing up here where his wife appears to want to be and with family somewhere nearby is a good reason to escape and see real mountains each day.

In terms of body language the sunburned one at the helm in Aberdeen seemed to give strong credence to Brewster's impending release. In addition McLeish fuelled the fires tonight suggesting he did not want to influence Inverness by recommending Pressley. Donald and Pressley would probably be a dream team with Hearts connections although Pressley would have to take a substantial pay cut to get into management. An Elgin lad, he'd be coming home but would Celtic let him go for free.

Malpass unfortunately would be an utter disaster as would Joe Miller.

The message coming out of the club is of an imminent appointment and the only way that could take place is if there were no obstacles in the way. Who can get here quickly enough and sign an experienced centre half to provide experience at the heart of the defence?

I'd like to go with paying Dundee United ?200k for Dods just to see their little faces light up and realise the pain they have caused us on two occasions. Funny ole game Saint!!

Guest birdog

I would like to see the chairman show the same ambition he has in "sponsoring" Marius' extra wages by opening his purse up again to "sponsor" a decent wage for a half decent prospect like Ally Mcmoist his experience levels are up a wee bit working under Walter Smith and I have no doubt about his judgement tactically and his contacts within the game are pretty far reaching, I would imagine, just a wee thought.

Guest birdog

If McCoist didn't want to come before I can't see him comin now that he's formed a successful partnership with Walter Smith at Castle Greyskull.

Like I said just a thought, I think our position is different now from back then. I honestly believe we are a more tempting prospect for a manager to consider now, as for his successful partnership I think McCoist is an ambitious man and sooner or later he is going to want to prove himself.

There are a lot of interesting choices out there let's hope our board are as successful in choosing a manager as past boards have been.

I'm with the badger on this one ......

Warnock would be my first choice - for many of the reasons previously mentioned - and he has all but issued a "come and get me" statement by saying he is interested and that location/wages would not be a huge stumbling block. He has experience, contacts and as many have said passion. If he came and it failed, then we could not blame the board as many of us are also relishing the idea.

My second choice would be Pressley. I would be a little nervous about going down the untested player/manager route again but when Brewster was our player/manager we were for the most part, reasonably happy with him. It was only when he left that we sat back and thought that maybe his tactics etc werent that good. Pressley would also be a commanding presence at the heart of defence where we desparately need someone of quality to replace Dods and a man who has captained both club(s) and country is more than capable of that

Brewster / Robbo / Pele would be the next group and I am a little unsure of any of them. We know they can do it to a greater or lesser extent depending on our opinions of each, but each one of them fecked off for greener pastures only to discover that the smell of nature was a different substance altogether. I would initially be indifferent to any of them. I would also add Coyle to this list as I acknowledge what he has done so far but am also indifferent to him too.

Malpas is the only one named so far who I have strong negative feelings about. two years ago I thought he was a good candidate but luckily we didnt get him and after seeing what he did at Motherwell, I am glad.

My preferences, for what it's worth are;

1.  Warnock  ( Assuming he's a serious candidate)

2.  Coyle      ( an ambitious young manager with a decent track record )

3.  Pressley  ( Fits the profile of an ICT manager who would give us a boost on the field as well as off)

4.  Paterson  (  An experienced manager who knows the club well and has a point to prove)

Guest birdog

I would probably agree but looking at the Warnock videos I think he would end up spending more time in the stands than Gordon Strachan.

Warnock, then Paterson. Or both (one for the league and one for cup games  :004:).

None of the others float my boat, especially not Elvis. Player managers are beginning to be an albatross. Or possibly a big gull, I've never been too good at seabirds.

Taking a slightly different approach to who I think should be appointed I decided to step back and see if I could fathom out what the team needed right now.

It didn't take me long to come to the conclusion that our squad seem lost at the moment, they are without a leader and without someone to give them the kick up the erse they need to get them going again.

Moving beyond that and looking at what is needed to take the club forward, we need a strong leader, someone who isn't mates with half the guys on the park, who isn't going to get caught up in the trap of showing players too much loyalty and playing them when better options are left on the bench....that is something Pele, Robbo, Brewster and Charlie have all been guilty of at some point or other.

Pele brought attractive football to ICT, Robbo brought us a style of football that suited the higher level, Brewster brought fitness and Charlie brought loyalty.

I think the time has come for some experience.  A manager who has a bit of a track record, can be a leader and isn't afraid to crack heads when they need cracked.  Someone who will put fire into the belly of the squad and feed the fans what is needed to get them off their erse, behind the team and a true 12th man.

Only one man on the list so far that meets the criteria and that is Warnock.

I near fell off my seat when I read that he was interested and as good as told ICT to make him an offer....it doesn't get much better than that IMO, so what the feck are we waiting for?

I'm really excited about the prospect of having Warnock at the helm. I think he could really sort out this bunch of bunch players into a really good team. he's got to have some brilliant contacts and sounds really eager to get back into management, and furthermore come to Inverness. Brilliant!

From the videos, you can't imaging defensive lapses like we have seen happening more than once!