Motherwell -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Our marking at set pieces was f*****g awful against United recently and has been for a long time. I am not in the least bit surprised to hear we lost and also that we were pish at the back. Our once solid back line has fallen to pieces, midfield is devoid of creativity and we seem to have bugger all up front.

Why the hell has nothing been done about this?

Edited by RiG

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inverness manager Craig Brewster:

"We tried to frustrate Motherwell and hit them on the counter but everything just collapsed.

"Your gameplan kind of goes out of the window and we're clearly not good enough at marking.

"You don't want to see your team at the bottom of the table. We've got to stick together - simple as that."

:rotflmao:

He has worked with these players for 15 months, how did that fact slip his mind when picking the team and tactics today?

The tactics are the least of the problems he has tried various formations and none work he has lost the dressing room and when that happens it doesnt matter what team or formation you put out they will still not get results.

That was a feckin STUPID team to send out, with Mcguire and Proctor way off form/fitness he should have put in Duff and gone 4 5 1.

5 3 2 gives posetion to them and with our donut defenders its asking for disaster.

F@@k off Brew.

oooooooohhhhh

You naughty boy rig, your moderator status has beaten the swear filter.

I've changed it. The last couple of weeks have tipped me over the "edge". I have never been a Brewster fan but did hope he could somehow turn it around but the evidence is there for all to see now. It's beyond a joke now.

FBI, CIA and CSA all listened....MI5 didn't bother and have just asked someone to forward them a copy of the transcript.

Damn I should have used a pseudonym. :rotflmao:

That was so, so, so bad today. Worse than St Mirren. Even Johndo's too depressed to do anything but sit still at the games.

No joke, Brew, just feck off and take Malky with you.

Edited by The Mantis

Inspirational leadership quotes of 2008

''everything just collapsed'' 27th December

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

''I was really pleased despite losing the goal'' Reflecting on defeat at Celtic Park.

"And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq." --to Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

''We only seem to get one wee sniff a game'' The Gaffer's thoughts after handing Dundee United three points

"I think I was unprepared for war." ?on the biggest regret of his presidency, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

''I changed back to 4-4-2 today as I wanted to try and put pressure on the St Mirren back four which we did once or twice'

''The long term future of this club is safe'' ICT Chairman appeasing the fans before going on holiday .

Almost from the kick off I had the feeling this was two ****-poor football teams flailing around like 10 year olds on a surface that was, appropriately enough, like a municipal park.

It was dire, really dire. We can't mark, Proctor looked like he had no clue which side of his man he should be on and can take the blame for the opener. From then on it was keystone cops. No shape, no tactics, no-one capable of putting a decent ball into the box.

The midfield desperately need a playmaker that could pick out the holes for the forward players to run into. Someone like, er, Black. Instead the ball either went sky-high and nowhere or into Wood who spent most of the game facing his own team. Someone, a coach say, should tell Tokely that the mysterious right inside centre he keeps playing the ball to is a hallucination.

Munro is no leader. We need one of those as there is nothing inspirational coming from the management. McGuire just about passed today. I though Roy had a reasonably terrier-like day, good and bad, a bit like Duncan who managed to engineer us out of trouble only to pass us back into it.

Ach I can hardly be bothered any more. Motherwell are as bad as us but in Porter they have a penalty box striker that must have thought several Christmases had come at once. Wood and the ineffectual Rooney should study the video and see how to get away from their marker.

We are short of 3 things, sorry, 4.

1. Confidence

2. Tactics

3. Ability (the basics that should be the focus in training. Do we train?)

4. A new management team

22 Quid Brew. 22 pounds to watch that ***** in the freezing cold. **** it, I make the effort to attend, yet I see no effort from you.

Go. Go now.

Absolutely awful. There needs to be something done soon or this clubs going down. I know our long term future is safe, but I'd prefer our short term future was in the SPL rather than div 1.

Brewster right now is lost, and he has thrown away all respect i had for him. Takes no blame, and yet puts out a team I would rank as an average first division side to get humped every weekend. The fans have lost the players they could associate with and as a direct result the club has no leaders, no one who is willing to take the baton and work harder to get the club back on its feet.

Right now, i'd say get rid of brewster in time for the january transfer window, and bring in Chisolm from QoS, or even someone along the lines of Neale Cooper (although hopefully not him); a manger with experience, and a manager who knows how to grind out a result, and could make us hard to beat again.

We reached a new low today. 3-2 flatters us - they could and should have scored more.

Fair play to the players for going out there and trying to salvage something out of this shambles.

Fair play to the fans for turning out in decent numbers on a really cold day for a game that we were never going to get anything out of.

Brewser and Malky - please leave and give us a chance to stay in this league.

Absolutely awful. There needs to be something done soon or this clubs going down. I know our long term future is safe, but I'd prefer our short term future was in the SPL rather than div 1.

Brewster right now is lost, and he has thrown away all respect i had for him. Takes no blame, and yet puts out a team I would rank as an average first division side to get humped every weekend. The fans have lost the players they could associate with and as a direct result the club has no leaders, no one who is willing to take the baton and work harder to get the club back on its feet.

Right now, i'd say get rid of brewster in time for the january transfer window, and bring in Chisolm from QoS, or even someone along the lines of Neale Cooper (although hopefully not him); a manger with experience, and a manager who knows how to grind out a result, and could make us hard to beat again.

While I agree with you I fear it maybe even to late for a new manager to turn it round, we are losing the players that are fit for the SPL and have replaced them in general with players that are not. The club have said we have money to spend but whatever it is I would doubt it would be enough to replace what we have lost and are potentially going to lose. However if at least if we do change the management at least we do have a chance

Edited by stevico1

Just going to cut and post the rant I posted on P&B rather than try to write it all again:

Just back. Anyone who witnessed that and still thinks ICT are still just "going through a sticky patch" needs sectioned.

Another week, another new formation. This time something approximating a 5-4-1 with Tokely and Hastings (cough) "pushing on", Wood alone up front and Roy McBain playing Ian Black's role as the ball-holding, pass-making central midfielder :rotflmao:. I assume Black was injured: surely even Brewster wouldn't be stupid enough to drop our best player from the squad for a must-win game, even if he is going to Hearts...

Anyway, the predictable happened: the 5 defenders couldn't defend, McBain couldn't hold or pass, Wood ran around with great enthusiasm to absolutely no effect, Cowie, the putative saviour of Rangers, strolled around the place like the Duke of Edinburgh visiting a sewage works, the punts were many, long and aimless, and Motherwell murdered us.

The scoreline is probably the worst possible for us. If it had been 4 - or 5-1, as it should have been, then probably our board couldn't put off sacking Brewster any longer. However, as they seem to get all their information about the games by watching Jeff Stelling or reading Ceefax, they'll probably just have looked at the scoreline and thought, as my wife said when I got home, "sounded like a close game". Bullshit. Motherwell tried to play football throughout, and although they looked quite fragile and probably gave the ball away to us needlessly more than any team I've seen this season, they were still miles better.

If we carry on like this, we won't win another game this season. Most of the players tried hard today, but confidence is shot, they're being asked to play in formations and positions that are unfamiliar to them, and they're seeing our most talented players slipping away one by one. Once again: Brewster must go.

I fear it maybe even to late for a new manager to turn it round, we are losing the players that are fit for the SPL and have replaced them in general with players that are not.

I don't agree with that. I don't think St Mirren's squad is any better than ours but they're doing OK with a manager who knows how to get the best out of players of modest ability. However I agree that next season is going to be tough (where have we heard that before?).

I fear it maybe even to late for a new manager to turn it round, we are losing the players that are fit for the SPL and have replaced them in general with players that are not.

I don't agree with that. I don't think St Mirren's squad is any better than ours but they're doing OK with a manager who knows how to get the best out of players of modest ability. However I agree that next season is going to be tough (where have we heard that before?).

I think our squad was as good as St Mirren but not anymore, in defence we are poor, midfield which was good will be depleted with the loss of Blackie and perhaps Cowie and upfront we are lacking badly.

That really was dire. We've had many shocking performances this year, but that one topped them all. No need to go over what's already been said, but....well, it was embarrassing how bad we were at times.

Now that Brewster has fecked off any talent we once had, we're left with a team that is pretty mince to be honest...

Esson aside, would any of our team today get signed by any other SPL side? I don't think so.....we're poor, from the very top to the very bottom. I fear the worst....