FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Rangers : matchday thread

Scotty

YEt again tactically inept! Defence murder, all passengers at the back - certainly not SPL standard any of them! Midfield can't see a pass or make one, up front what about it there is nothing there! Don't blame Cowie or Black moving, playing with this pile of **** each week would make anyone want to leave!

Simply not good enough!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face facts - we looked more organised fer 45 minutes but Brew has lost the dressing room and the key men are not doing it fer him - Black and Cowie need to have the inner passsion to match their skills. We have a team of journey men - they may run and run but there is no point when there aint no quality - Brew has scared off or driven the quality from Sneck. He will only entice more journeymen and more old school.

And his insistence with Proctor in central defence, Hastings at the back and his complete confusion over our strikers - GTF.

Cant wait fer his interview !!!

0-3. Negative goal difference now heading towards Hamilton's. Only positive is that this shouldn't give Brewster any opportunity to defend his position.

exactly the same now : -17 !!!

Hamilton F19 / A36 - Pts 20

Falkirk F22 / A31 - Pts 18

ICT F20 / A37 - Pts 17

"eh, we proved, eh, in the first half, eh, that, eh, we are better then Rangers, eh, and, eh, should have, eh, been, eh, 2, eh, up, eh. eh, but in the second, eh, Rangers, eh, were magnificent, eh, and, eh, we were, eh, unlucky, eh, to lose, eh, a goal so quickly after half time, eh. eh, the players, eh, can't pass, eh, or, defend, eh, or score, eh, and the crowd, eh, were on my back, eh, so they, eh, are all, eh, to blame, eh. Malkie, eh, and I, eh, had a good, eh, match, eh."

I'll get my coat... so should Brew

So we were "excellent" for 60 minutes but were beat by a world class strike - he even blamed Tokely and Proctor - and it again it was the players at fault. I think he says that you have to keep it tight fer five minutes after half time. :rotflmao: :thumb04: But the good news is that he looks demoralised.

Perhaps the Board will allow him at least another two weeks so that he can knock us out of the Cup and put us rock bottom in the league.

GTF

Just watched it all on Setanta with a Rangers fan. Even he admitted there wasn't 3 goals between the teams. In my opinion we were let down by our 'so-called' stars, Black and Cowie, neither of whom got in the game. Get some money for Black this month I say, he clearly has no passion for playing for us anymore. Cowie missed his opportunity 'in the shop window' if he wants to go to Rangers. Doubt he'd make their first team squad. Some good performances, especially in first half, McBain and Vigurs, although he missed a great chance, and another couple of half chances. Essen, Proctor and Hastings get pass marks too from me. Not many others. We badly need someone to take the 'all too few' chances we create.

Just watched it all on Setanta with a Rangers fan. Even he admitted there wasn't 3 goals between the teams. In my opinion we were let down by our 'so-called' stars, Black and Cowie, neither of whom got in the game. Get some money for Black this month I say, he clearly has no passion for playing for us anymore. Cowie missed his opportunity 'in the shop window' if he wants to go to Rangers. Doubt he'd make their first team squad. Some good performances, especially in first half, McBain and Vigurs, although he missed a great chance, and another couple of half chances. Essen, Proctor and Hastings get pass marks too from me. Not many others. We badly need someone to take the 'all too few' chances we create.

I was with a rangers fan watching the game and he reckons if Rangers were to sign anyone from that game it would have been Vigurs. He certainly had it in him today. Cowie seems to have dipped this season.

Credit where credit's due today. The first 45 minutes were exactly what I look for from my team - commitment, energy, passion. Rangers didn't turn up in the first half, but we were absolutely excellent - McBain did a remarkable job playing wide right, Barrowman showed some fight and guts, and our midfield in general were everywhere. The home support gave our boys a standing ovation at half time, which was well deserved and you could see the players appreciated it.

Unfortunately, we appear to be cursed to shed goals at the start of the second half.

Mendes' finish was out of this world, make no mistake. But again it looked like rohypnol had been planted in the half time tea. Rossco went to pieces in the second half, though it appeared he had strained a stomach muscle when he was subbed so that might explain it. But as soon as the first goal went in we looked panicky and rudderless again. Substituting Black was a baffling decision, not any easier explained by the fact that Imrie contributed zero. ANd ultimately we got caught on the break for the second goal, and by the strangest free kick decision ever (should have been ours, then they took the free kick from the wrong place when the ref wasn't looking) for the third.

Ultimately, Brew's stock has not risen or fallen today. But once more we have shown that we are capable of playing quality football against good opposition, only to cause our own downfall with individual errors and our lack of heart when we fall behind.

Today, in conclusion, was a crying shame.

Agree with the content - apart from Hastings - but the bottom line is that Brewster has lost the dressing room and the fan base - I would love to see Cowie and Black performing fer another manager - and given proper roles.

Can you ask any of the Huns where Don Cowie was playing today or where has he been playing for the last season - am I alone in thinking that he could play the Barry Wislon role ?

Went along today as i have done for the past 2 months fully expecting a defeat and got exactally what i expected. 1st goal then the heads go down and after that another performance lacking in passion belief and imagination. 3 things i thought the club were built on through the years to get to the SPL. Once a goal is lost no one looks interested, no chances created and the usual resort to long high balls which never work.

I don't like wanting to have to sack a manager and I want Brewster to do well. But he just isn't and he has to go. How can he attract anyone to play for us watching that dross??? Even if we get someone new I just don't know if they'll be able to turn this mess around by the end of the season.

I hate saying this but we fully 100% deserve to be bottom

Edited by Sir C the 3rd

Ultimately, Brew's stock has not risen or fallen today. But once more we have shown that we are capable of playing quality football against good opposition, only to cause our own downfall with individual errors and our lack of heart when we fall behind.

Sorry - were you tuned in to Sky ?

Sorry - were you tuned in to Sky ?

In fairness, when your stock is worth feck all anyway, then it can't drop any further :rotflmao:

It's deja vu all over again.

When the lights went out in the first half they should have just left them off, we wouldn't have witnessed the dross that was to come and could all have gone home happy.

There really was nothing between the teams in the first half. We looked solid at the back, and we played some good football without really threatening to score.

But as always we conceded right at the start of the second half. I actually said to my mates at half time "what are the odds of us undoing all that good work and conceding our trademark soft goal in the first 5 minutes?" Wham bam thankyou mam that's exactly what happened and as usual, as soon as ICT fall behind we panic, lose our shape, lose our composure and completely capitulate.

Does Craig Brewster actually do post-match interviews or do BBC Scotland just use a tape recording? He says exactly the same thing every week. The man is utterly monotonous and boring, no wonder the players always come out half-asleep following his half time team talk.

Ian Black and Don Cowie were hardly in the game. Perhaps they weren't really fit, perhaps they aren't bothered about playing for ICT, either way they were 'pants' (Players Aren't Trying Sufficiently)

Any positives?

Roy McBain had an excellent game out on the right (why on earth was he playing there?) and created our best chance of the match (a sitter for Vigurs) with an excellent dribble and cross.

Ryan Esson kept the scoreline respectable.

Russel Duncan worked harder than anyone on the pitch, he covered so much ground (covering for out of position defenders, fighting the midfield battle, supporting attacks) it was as if he was doing 2 or 3 jobs at once. If every ICT player played with his commitment we would be in the top 6.

Andy Barrowman had a fine game as lone striker. He worked hard, put in some good challenges, forced errors, and usually held and distributed the ball well, although he received poor service and little support throughout. Fair play to him, I thought he was a waste of space but on todays showing he could do a job for us. One swallow doesn't make s summer though (I'm sure lots of ICT fans remember Rory McAllisters dream game against celtic a while back where he looked like a superstar) It's all very well putting on a performance in front of the live TV cameras but he has to try that hard EVERY week.

I can't see we could have played any better. At the risk of getting boring, a central defender and a quality striker would have made all the difference. As for taking Black off, we had three central midfielders, Duncan, Black and Cowie. We had to get a more attacking line-up, so one had to go. Although Duncan was far from excellent, at least he was involved (seemed to tire a lot which surprised me). Cowie did more than Black, so he had to go.

Thought the line-up, tactics and passion were good most of the match but we just lack quality.

So Cowie was playing in central midfield was he ? :thumb04: And McBain excelled in the second half ? :018: and Duncan is a better playmaker than Black ? :rotflmao:

Blacks substitution was another Brewster statement - he probably had to play him so he had to pisssh him off as well - didnt he ?

Where do you think Cowie played?

Black has more talent than Duncan but do you think he played better than him today?

McBain tired as well (I can't really understand that when they supposedly do so much work on fitness) and still falls over the ball too often but him and Vigurs (our wide players today weirdly) were our most dangerous.

I'd be interested to know which midfielder you would have taken off?

Where do you think Cowie played?

Black has more talent than Duncan but do you think he played better than him today?

McBain tired as well (I can't really understand that when they supposedly do so much work on fitness) and still falls over the ball too often but him and Vigurs (our wide players today weirdly) were our most dangerous.

I'd be interested to know which midfielder you would have taken off?

I have no idea where Cowie has been playing fer weeks !! I would have taken off Royster. And what about Imries' gut ?