FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trialists (merged)

strathyjags

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, a 28 year old reserve player from a league where the winners still have to compete in the first qualifying round of the Champions league, who hasn't been capped for Latvia won't get many off of their seats. But too early to pass any judgement. However, we have been told that significant investment was being made. I imagine that the transfer fee wont top 30,000 pound, so this had better not be one of these "big signings"

The line from his current club ..... "Pavels is a strong and commanding presence and can also play football." is encouraging.

Bear in mind they're not going to say anything bad about the player when there is interest from other clubs.

More importantly, if this player plays for a team owned by Vlad - if he is any use at all, why is he not playing for Hearts?...

My minds already 75% made up about this player.

Hearts dont need defenders??

I heard a rumour that an early release of Blackie to Hearts could result in, and be dependant on, a player coming to us. This guy is still under contract at his current club (owned by Vlad) and they're prepared to release him if he secures a contract in Scotland. I wouldn't make my mind up on him unless I'd seen him in action so judgement is reserved.

Full story in The Herald

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have taken Latvian Pavels Mihadjuks on trial.

The 28-year-old started training with the club yesterday and has already impressed manager Craig Brewster.

The defender joined FK Ventspils a year ago from Skonto Riga. He helped the club pip Skonto to Latvia's Premier League title in 2008, and played in a Champions League second round qualifying defeat to Norway's FK Brann...

Pavels Mihadjuks, 189cm, 88kg (6ft 2" , 13 stones 12lbs) is a reserve player for FK Ventspils. He was bought from Skonto Riga a season ago for 50,000euros (45,000 pounds). He is a former U21 international, and played against Scotland in 2001 where the Scotsman reported, "Gary Caldwell then made a well-timed penalty area tackle on Pavels Mihadjuks as the big No5 surged forward chasing a one-two." He is a defender, but described as a central midfielder on some websites, leading to the conclusion he is a central defender.

FK Ventspils have been Latvian champions for the past three seasons, though Champions league involvement was a first qualifying round 4-1 aggregate win over Llanelli of Wales then lost to Brann Bergen of Norway in the second qualifying. The previous season, They won on away goals rule in the first qualifying stage against New Saints, also of Wales, 4-4.

The way we're playing at the moment Llanelli would be a big challenge. Plus he scored a goal, once. In his own net, so I suppose 'once' is a compliment.

Besides, maybe he just needs the right boss to bring out the best in him... :rotflmao:

Can't seem to find any info on him on the net, I presume he will be on trial to at least the end of the week?

This is all you get from the club:

http://www.fkventspils.lv/?p=players&id=27

The og was here

http://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/11369/

Very little info at all. Maybe someone should head up the Heathmount with a Lithuanian phrasebook :rotflmao:

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Edited by 4ize

The 28-year-old started training with the club yesterday and has already impressed manager Craig Brewster.

He has become disillusioned with life on the fringes of the first team and wants to try his luck in Scotland. Brewster, who admits he is pursuing a long list of transfer window targets, said: "Pavels trained with us this morning and I have to say he's looked decent. He will be here for an indefinite period."

An FK Ventspils official claims Mihadjuks may be well- suited to the SPL. "Pavels is still under contract, but I don't think the club would stand in his way if he wanted to move to Scotland," he said. "I understand Inverness are bottom of the Scottish top league and require to strengthen their defence. Pavels is a strong and commanding presence and can also play football.

"He only came to this club last summer from Riga and has been unfortunate in not being able to break into the team regularly. He sees next season as important and believes the Scottish game may be suited to his style."

He has become disillusioned with life on the fringes of the first team and wants to try his luck in Scotland. Brewster, who admits he is pursuing a long list of transfer window targets, said: "Pavels trained with us this morning and I have to say he's looked decent. He will be here for an indefinite period."

An FK Ventspils official claims Mihadjuks may be well- suited to the SPL. "Pavels is still under contract, but I don't think the club would stand in his way if he wanted to move to Scotland," he said. "I understand Inverness are bottom of the Scottish top league and require to strengthen their defence. Pavels is a strong and commanding presence and can also play football.

"He only came to this club last summer from Riga and has been unfortunate in not being able to break into the team regularly. He sees next season as important and believes the Scottish game may be suited to his style."

Source for that please, Marty?

Never mind, just realised it's the Herald article I hadn't read :rotflmao:

Edited by 4ize

Brewster, who admits he is pursuing a long list of transfer window targets, said: "Pavels trained with us this morning and I have to say he's looked decent. He will be here for an indefinite period."

The "indefinite period" bit seemed a bit strange, does this mean the guy is going to be signed after one session, or that we has packed up and moved already and is based in Scotland?

Maybe someone should head up the Heathmount with a Lithuanian phrasebook :rotflmao:

He speaks Lithuanian as well as Latvian ? (according to Wikipedia (I know ! I know !) the two languages are not "mutually intelligible" which is a phrase I must save for a better day :thumb04:

Maybe someone should head up the Heathmount with a Lithuanian phrasebook :rotflmao:

He speaks Lithuanian as well as Latvian ? (according to Wikipedia (I know ! I know !) the two languages are not "mutually intelligible" which is a phrase I must save for a better day :thumb04:

Hence the wink and the Monty Python quote - is your usual sharpness buried in Canadian permafrost, o wise one? :018: