FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trialists (merged)

strathyjags

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as the Latvian centre half we have on trial, one of his team mates is over too. 28 year old attacking midfielder called Vladimir Kolesnicenko.

Full story here

edited to add that his club website lists him as a striker

Edited by Libero

Where did you find out about harper?

said on mfr sports news tonight the other latvian and harper were on trial also,excerpt from mfr website

Thierry Gathuessi and Filipe Morais will arrive in Inverness tonight, and undergo a medical to rubber stamp their six month loan deal at Caley Thistle.

The Hibs pair, who were signed by John Collins in the summer of 2007, have failed to make an impact under current boss Mixu Paatailnen.

Inverness boss Craig Brewster is keen to seen the two players sign.......

Latvian attacking midfielder Vladimir Kolesnicenko and Scottish striker Ryan Harper, who plies his trade in the Spanish third division are also at the club on trial,

Along with defender Pavels Mihadjuks, all aiming to impress Brewster........

Isn't Dinning the guy that Brewster and Malky didn't tap up las season?

More info on our trialists in today's P & J

Harper had a trial with Partick earlier in the week and failed to impress.

Kolesnicenko has 34 caps for Latvia but a quick glance at Wikipedia shows that he hasn't played much football since leaving Skonto Riga in 2002.

These are triallists. We haven't signed them and there's no indication that we will. They may prove to be an asset to our squad, they may not but I wouldn't judge any of them on their Latvian record. They could well be more suited to our style of game. Nobody will ever know unless they're given a chance.

i dont see the point in writing off players before they've been given a chance to show if they are capable.

not a fan of this term reject either, by defintion most footballers if not all in this country could be classed as rejects!

i dont see the point in writing off players before they've been given a chance to show if they are capable.

not a fan of this term reject either, by defintion most footballers if not all in this country could be classed as rejects!

?

surplus to requirements,failed to impress, paint it any way you like, still waiting for quality even on par with what players are leaving/left

?

surplus to requirements,failed to impress, paint it any way you like, still waiting for quality even on par with what players are leaving/left

moving to reduce wage costs, moving to recoup transfer fees, moving to get first team football, like you say it can be painted in many ways and is not always indicative of whether they can play football or not!

i agree with what you say that we are still waiting for quality replacements and we are in dire need of them but think we shouldnt be too hasty in writing off players without them being given a fair chance.

ICT have benefitted in the past by taking on 'rejects' on more than one occasion ie. Dods, Brown, Robson, Wyness, Dargo to name but a few so maybe we should hold off to see if they are capable or not.

These are triallists. We haven't signed them and there's no indication that we will. They may prove to be an asset to our squad, they may not but I wouldn't judge any of them on their Latvian record. They could well be more suited to our style of game. Nobody will ever know unless they're given a chance.

Suited to our style of game? :rotflmao: :thumb04:

?

moving to reduce wage costs, moving to recoup transfer fees, moving to get first team football, like you say it can be painted in many ways and is not always indicative of whether they can play football or not!

i agree with what you say that we are still waiting for quality replacements and we are in dire need of them but think we shouldnt be too hasty in writing off players without them being given a fair chance.

ICT have benefitted in the past by taking on 'rejects' on more than one occasion ie. Dods, Brown, Robson, Wyness, Dargo to name but a few so maybe we should hold off to see if they are capable or not.

your right they deserve a chance but if we've unearthed a dods,brown,robson,wyness or dargo then i'm the pope.

will be happy to be wrong though

Most on here said we needed new faces in, and just cause they haven't heard of somebody they have on trial they think they must be useless..

How many of you on here can say you had heard of Ian Black before he signed for us a few years back?

Now the lad is arguably the best player at ICT, for the time being.

Not think its best to give somebody a chance before you're judging them?