FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trialists (merged)

strathyjags

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a wee search on Google, the club is owned by Hearts owner Mad Vlad.

Jankauskis has had a stint or two at them and the club have won the title a number of times since their formation in 1991...

Perhaps this guy could be a good signing for us, but I'm not so certain when it's strength and experience at the back. Happy to be proven wrong though.

just trying to locate his players profile to see if he has been a regular starter and a valuable member of any team, as surely this would be better than if he's simply just starting out.

although great players with a lot of potential, it would be strange for Brew to go for someone on par with vigurs, duff and wood (who need more nurturing and experience) when it is experience we are after.

I notice Dean Windass has just been released .... he might be the "experienced" striker .... he is 39 !!!

If only! His guile and experience is exactly what we need for a relegation fight. Anyone who was still scoring in the championship last season and has been intraining with an EPL club this season would be able to do a job for us and help our less experienced players along. He'd never move for what we could offer him on a 6 month deal, though even if he has played in the north of Scotland before. No doubt there will be Yorkshire / north-east clubs in lower leagues who will offer him a deal.

Vadims Gaiļus is the only under 21 defender I can find currently on the books there.

there stadium holds just 9000 so he wouldnt be out of place in getting used to the atmosphere at least. lol

No player player hitory though, which is a shame, and no match stats for the season so far either.

Is he an experienced defender?

He's either exceptionally talented, and has been playing professional football since the age of 11....in which case the answer is yes. Mind, if that was the case, then I'd guess we'd be competing with the likes of Barca, Man utd etc, for his signature.

Or the answer is.....doesn't sound like it.

Saying that, if his signature leads to an influx of Latvian women at the TCS, in support of their local hero, then I say...sign him now!!!

Is he an experienced defender?

He's either exceptionally talented, and has been playing professional football since the age of 11....in which case the answer is yes. Mind, if that was the case, then I'd guess we'd be competing with the likes of Barca, Man utd etc, for his signature.

Or the answer is.....doesn't sound like it.

Saying that, if his signature leads to an influx of Latvian women at the TCS, in support of their local hero, then I say...sign him now!!!

I was actually referring to Latviaman!!! :rotflmao:

Yet another teenager to add to long list of inexperienced players in our team, only theres a twist, this one needs a visa to play for us.

Also he's a trialist. we never sign trialists.

Full story in The Herald

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have taken Latvian Pavels Mihadjuks on trial.

The 28-year-old started training with the club yesterday and has already impressed manager Craig Brewster.

The defender joined FK Ventspils a year ago from Skonto Riga. He helped the club pip Skonto to Latvia's Premier League title in 2008, and played in a Champions League second round qualifying defeat to Norway's FK Brann...

Pavels Mihadjuks, 189cm, 88kg (6ft 2" , 13 stones 12lbs) is a reserve player for FK Ventspils. He was bought from Skonto Riga a season ago for 50,000euros (45,000 pounds). He is a former U21 international, and played against Scotland in 2001 where the Scotsman reported, "Gary Caldwell then made a well-timed penalty area tackle on Pavels Mihadjuks as the big No5 surged forward chasing a one-two." He is a defender, but described as a central midfielder on some websites, leading to the conclusion he is a central defender.

FK Ventspils have been Latvian champions for the past three seasons, though Champions league involvement was a first qualifying round 4-1 aggregate win over Llanelli of Wales then lost to Brann Bergen of Norway in the second qualifying. The previous season, They won on away goals rule in the first qualifying stage against New Saints, also of Wales, 4-4.