FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Best Players Ever To Play Against Ict?

Guest EdgeleyCT

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ian Wright played for Celtic in the 1-3 game but im not too sure...

wright came on 2nd half, viduka failed to show after the dressing room ramy they had at half time.

remember a certain paul Ritchie, who was probalby our best ever finisher, wish we had him today, knocking us out of scottish cup when he played for hamilton. joined us a few years later.

The best, for me, was Craig Bellamy.

I remember we played Celtic on a nightgame up here, think we lost 2-0? He was the difference between the two teams. Stunning pace, and just an all round top player.

Yep he com[pletely destroyed us that day, by far the best player I have seen play against us.

Although one of their goals was a penalty...........

3.Henrik Larsson

2. Brian Laudrup

1. Paul Gascoigne

Spot feckin on - There is no comparison to that three.

I think that was probably the best combined team we have ever played and it was (almost) a joy to watch the skill of Laudrup.... having said that, it was Gazza who scored twice and Jimmy Calder still got sponsors' MOM.

Rangers Team: Goram, Moore, Robertson, Petric (Cleland 46), McLaren, Brown, Van Vossen (Durrant 80), Gascoigne, McCoist, Miller, Laudrup Sub - Mikhailitchenko

Caley Thistle team: Calder, MacArthur, Hastings, Bennett (Mitchell 82), Noble, Thomson (Ross 76), Teasdale, Scott, Stewart, Christie, Hercher (McGinlay 76)

1. henrik larsson

2. peter lovenkrands

3. ????

cant think of anyone else but thats my 2 anyway

:rotflmao: Peter Lovenkrands! He was garbage.

Did Roy Keane ever play against us for Celtic ?

No he didn't.

I'd go along with the Larsson,Laudrup,Gazza thing but if it were top four I'd say Russel Latapy as well too.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

Anthony Stokes - good shout.

Was it still Jim Leighton in goal when we played Aberdeen? He made a brilliant save at the end of the replay to stop us equalising.

It was indeed, I remember the save well. B@5t@rd!

oh i he was on loan to falkirk what ever happend to him?

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

he scored 14 goals in 16 games for falkirk. then he moved to sunderland. now hes on loan to crystal place from sunderland.

Guest EdgeleyCT

The three best ever I came up with were...

Third - Laudrup

Second - Gazza

First - Henrik Larsson

and as there's none in the top 3...

Scottish players that have played against us

Third - Craig Gordon

Second - Ally McCoist

First - Dennis Wyness :rotflmao:

I think that was probably the best combined team we have ever played and it was (almost) a joy to watch the skill of Laudrup.... having said that, it was Gazza who scored twice and Jimmy Calder still got sponsors' MOM.

Rangers Team: Goram, Moore, Robertson, Petric (Cleland 46), McLaren, Brown, Van Vossen (Durrant 80), Gascoigne, McCoist, Miller, Laudrup Sub - Mikhailitchenko

Caley Thistle team: Calder, MacArthur, Hastings, Bennett (Mitchell 82), Noble, Thomson (Ross 76), Teasdale, Scott, Stewart, Christie, Hercher (McGinlay 76)

Off topic a bit I know, but that match Scotty refers to, v Rangers at Tannadice was one of the best ever 'away' days, even though we lost 3-0. I'll always remember the standing ovation we gave our team at the end. It seemed to last for minutes and even the Rangers fans were impressed.

Ain't much of a name to shout about but i remember Russell Latapy played a stormer against us for Falkirk. It was when we won 3-2 but at the time he was 37 but he was running round the pitch like a 20 year old. I remember he ran about a mile skinning players in the process then layed it of to the boy Stokes. Then he did that all over again.

Craig Bellamy had a great game against us as well but i seem to recall him playing well against every team he played against for Celtic.

Craig Bellamy had a great game against us as well but i seem to recall him playing well against every team he played against for Celtic.

I happened to be at Tannadice when he scored 3 fantastic strikes. Commentators were suggesting it was the best hatrick they'd ever seen, it certainly was for me.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

1. henrik larsson

2. peter lovenkrands

3. ????

No he didn't.

I'd go along with the Larsson,Laudrup,Gazza thing but if it were top four I'd say Russel Latapy as well too.

i'm a big fan of lovenkrands.

Not ICT but I remember Davie Cooper playing at Telford Street in a pre-season game in 1978. He hit a trademark left-foot piledriver into the Howden End that smashed one guys specs all over his face. For some reason that has stuck with me over the years.

1. henrik larsson

2. peter lovenkrands

3. ????

No he didn't.

i'm a big fan of lovenkrands.

You must be the only one.

For me, Gazza was quite simply the most talented footballer I have been fortunate enough to see for myself. A natural footballing genius - sad to see him as he is now. Laudrup and Larsson would definately be the other two.

3.Henrik Larsson

2. Brian Laudrup

1. Paul Gascoigne

Spot feckin on - There is no comparison to that three.

Excuse me while I go take a tablet and lie down - I find myself agreeing with IHE!

Possibly becos fer once ya took the feckin time to read ma feckin post properly. :rotflmao:

But then again I agreed with somebody else first !! Again did ya notice that ya soft very southern *******. :thumb04:

But then again I agreed with somebody else first !! Again did ya notice that ya soft very southern *******. :rotflmao:

I had noticed that you had actually agreed with someone else. That was surprise enough!

But you really know how to upset a man - I can live with being called 'soft', and even '*******', but 'southern'? Now that really hurts. There's me thinking I was just educating these folk in the Scottish suburbs, not becoming one of them.