FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Quote Of The Season

Scottish Sunday Mail : " Its my first season in the SPL and not easy. I keep making mistakes but I am working every day to sort that. When we're doing well then make an error its always me !

The exclamation mark is from the paper - WTF - Guess who - he made at least five of them today - but WTF - he is aware of it, honest and is learning :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like his right foot, thunder volley in our own 6 yard box that went out for a corner when it could've easily gone flying into the back of our net.

Get Hastings back in our a youth player.

Agree get Hastings back. He's reliable. Calf injury just now but ready soon.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't seem to see as many of these apparent howlers that the guy is suppose to be guilty of. He's certainly no more guilty than others in the team and I would say that Munro had a poorer game this afternoon.

Ross Tokely is also as capable of blunders but because he's been at the club longer and developed cult status then his errors are all but ignored whilst Djebi-Zadi has his blown out of proportion.

Not a single mention of the positives the guy brings to the game....especially his ability to get forward and that's the second week in a row where he's had a cracking shot from a good bit out that wasn't that far from the back of the net.

Time for a bit of perspective and to cut the guy a bit of slack.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't seem to see as many of these apparent howlers that the guy is suppose to be guilty of. He's certainly no more guilty than others in the team and I would say that Munro had a poorer game this afternoon.

Ross Tokely is also as capable of blunders but because he's been at the club longer and developed cult status then his errors are all but ignored whilst Djebi-Zadi has his blown out of proportion.

Not a single mention of the positives the guy brings to the game....especially his ability to get forward and that's the second week in a row where he's had a cracking shot from a good bit out that wasn't that far from the back of the net.

Time for a bit of perspective and to cut the guy a bit of slack.

Well said Caley D. I feel many of our fellow supporters are too quick to jump on Lionel's errors, and completely ignore those of others. Maybe watching on Setanta gives me a slightly different perspective, but I thought today, although maybe not his best performance, he was certainly no worse than Munro (as you said), who isn't being hounded by our colleagues. Lionel has had some cracking games for us since he established himself in the side, and I don't see him letting us down in the run in, any more than anyone else might.

Your defensive support is laudable but very short sighted - read what HE actually feels about his performances - I just feel that it is incredible for a professional footballer at SPL level to make such a damning indictment on himself. That really fills you with confidence doesnt it ? :rotflmao: And will today's performance help his confidence and that of his team mates and the support ?

Munro is covering fer Lionel fer fecks sake - and today so was McBain - especially when he was aked to drop deeper and help out - Jeez what is Butcher playing at.

Your defensive support is laudable but very short sighted - read what HE actually feels about his performances - I just feel that it is incredible for a professional footballer at SPL level to make such a damning indictment on himself. That really fills you with confidence doesnt it ? :rotflmao: And will today's performance help his confidence and that of his team mates and the support ?

Munro is covering fer Lionel fer fecks sake - and today so was McBain - especially when he was aked to drop deeper and help out - Jeez what is Butcher playing at.

IHE, your on form today, I've agreed with everything you've written.

Get shot of him - NOW.

At no point did proctor/munro/tokely make any move or judgement call today that was anywhere near as bad an error of judgement as any of approx 6 that lionel made. Their number 36 took advantage right from the first min and drew lionel into making foul after foul upon him, mainly right at the goal line. I feared greatly that he was going to cost us the game and very possibly our SPL status. He seems generally incapable of just booting the ball clear and at one point twisted and took the same guy on about 8 times, when could easily have just belted it out.

I don't get th anti-Munro comments today - personally I thought he was magnificent at the back and generally cleared everything coming towards our goal, thought Tokely did very well at sticking to his task (booo) and cleared most that came to him in the air.

Get Hastings back asap - we just can't afford to have Lionel in for the rest of the season, as enteraining and enigmatic as he may be!

Like his right foot, thunder volley in our own 6 yard box that went out for a corner when it could've easily gone flying into the back of our net.

Wise up donut... youth player!!! Hastings was dropped because he was gash, Lionel had a bad game today but so did a few other players.

Proctor was terrible but you dont slag him off, Imrie worked hard but by feck does he need to work on the final ball, Roy was aimless and really caused them no threat.

Where was our two big central defenders for their goal? where was Proctor for their goal?

Wise up donut... youth player!!! Hastings was dropped because he was gash, Lionel had a bad game today but so did a few other players.

Proctor was terrible but you dont slag him off, Imrie worked hard but by feck does he need to work on the final ball, Roy was aimless and really caused them no threat.

Where was our two big central defenders for their goal? where was Proctor for their goal?

Hastings isn't playing due to injury. When fit he's a much better option than Lionel. Stevie Wonder could see that!

Edited by collectiveaction

Im in agreement with CaleyD.

Another point is that because everyone slates him, then everyone are always watching out for him. OK he makes a good few mistakes, but who in our team doesnt? Munro has had a number of absolute howlers this season....worst one probably against Motherwell - kick the air for sheridan to score! If that was Lionel, all hell would break loose.

The guys lacking in confidence...but theres been times ive liked his play, hes calm, takes on guys, plays the ball, isnt afraid to travel with ball and get up and attacking....add a bit confidence, he could be a good strong Left-Back.

Hastings was dropped when he was fit, ffs we leaked goals big time when he played, why do think Butcher does not play him.

Eh.....because he's not fit yet! I assume there were other defenders in the team when we leaked goals. Also we had a great tactician as manager. Ah, but it was all down to Hastings. Laughable - better get to bed early for school tomorrow.

Edited by collectiveaction

Bye bye then see ya tomorrow.. sleep tight

He was dropped even when he WAS fit....get it?

Most players do get dropped when they're fit. They also get back in the team when it's obvious that their replacement is a liability. Get it? Actually you probably dont and never have! Night night.. Your poorly put together "argument" is sending me off to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!