FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Filipe Morais

BornCaley

Today's P&J seems to confirm what most of us already suspected that Kerr, Foran, Morais & Odhiambo are offski.

P&J LINK

Basically says Bennet has admitted defeat in trying to keep Morais and Foran and he believes that Kerr & Odhiambho are off as well.

Unsurprisingly there hasn't been any interest in Proctor, McBain & Djebi-Zadi (I wonder why?) and he expects them to sign on the dotted line. Whoopee :lol:

I think it pretty much confirms to me that Sutherland doesn't give a flying f*** about the football.

I knew this would happen and our chances of Division 1 football for season 10/11 is beginning to look more possible.

Its quite saddening to see these people leave on contract just because they are in Diviion one. It would be great if at least one of them was to sign a year contract to at least help us on our way up and out of Divisional Football.

Brian Kerr, Filipe Morais, Richie Foran, Eric Odhiambho - can they be xclassed as glory hunters ? :lol:

Today's P&J seems to confirm what most of us already suspected that Kerr, Foran, Morais & Odhiambo are offski.

P&J LINK

Basically says Bennet has admitted defeat in trying to keep Morais and Foran and he believes that Kerr & Odhiambho are off as well.

Unsurprisingly there hasn't been any interest in Proctor, McBain & Djebi-Zadi (I wonder why?) and he expects them to sign on the dotted line. Whoopee :lol:

I think it pretty much confirms to me that Sutherland doesn't give a flying f*** about the football.

and also states how much i am beginnign to hate Graeham Bennet! :lol:

Things can only start getting better from here on in (I hope).

Other than MAYBE Imrie we don't have anyone else in the squad that other teams would want so we can start the building process and start adding some faces.

HUGE task facing the management team, I just wonder if they are up to it? :lol:

P&J LINK

The club has to make a saving on our outgoings by ?2million this year and you suggest what...to keep them?

P&J LINK

And he can do what?

Lets be grown up here - you are an agent for a player and you are not going to do your job and make money for him and yourself, by moving him?? It is financially correct for the player's agents to 'sell' their wares to the highest bidder and it is the agent, not the player that is the mercenery, by doing his job correctly.

I have full faith in us having a good squad come the start of the season but for Heavens sake stop lamenting the waygoing of our better players, at this time, for higher money.

Our squad next year will consist, in my opinion, of good journeyman players, younger talent making their way and, God willing, players trying to showcase themselves with a team in the higher reaches of the 1st div.

The latter we will only pick up when their agents has expended all avenues to the higher placed clubs, so they will be late signings.

Beginning to? I've hated most of the board before it was the cool thing to do.

ooh, i hate the board already, the should have sacked brewy along time before. Thats the reason we got relegated.

Lets be grown up here

me haha,

in the words from M4tJ

caleymad, wyness101 and the horde of others who are turning these forums into a playground

so no i cant.

You reaaly shouldnt expect players like Morais & Foran to play in the frst div for first div wages, They are certainly good enough to fit into any team in the lower 6 of the SPL.

Odihambo and Kerr are maybe not quite in the same league, but will no doubt get SPL wages somewhere else, this is the time for big Tel to get his own team sorted out, and not patching up someone elses f*ckup.

You reaaly shouldnt expect players like Morais & Foran to play in the frst div for first div wages

Maybe the club should offer him SPL wages for this season and see what happens at the end of season or in january. You never know he could play sh*t hot for us next season and maybe a club will come in for him in january

We will not, of course be an SPl club next season, but starting as promotion favourites must gaurantee us some cherry-picking privileges amongst other clubs, including our Div 1 rivals.

:angry:

We are nobody's "promotion favourites."

Maybe the club should offer him SPL wages for this season and see what happens at the end of season or in january. You never know he could play sh*t hot for us next season and maybe a club will come in for him in january

That is a very dangerous path to take, and has backfired for many a relegated club.

Cant see Foran staying either, it was bound to happen that 'bigger' teams in the SPL will be skimming of the cream of the relegted club, it would have happened to Falkirk if our players had done a better job.

Its now time for Butch to build a team of his making, then we will see whats what.

Another thing that came to my mind is that our team has a core of players who have been here for years! its quite obvious that a clearout was going to be needed, whether we stayed up or not.

one thing i have noted is that players in Spain and italy are more loyal to there teams when the get relegated. remeber when juve got relegated to serie b the opnly big player to leave IIRC was Cannavaro!?? Crazy

Kiko also stayed with Althletico Bilbao for a couple of seasons in the second tier and played for no wage until they went back up but, both him and Cannavaro had longer affiliations with their clubs......

Foran and co have only really just come to the club. Rosco and Munro won't leave us. They, relativly speaking, are our Cannavros.........

You reaaly shouldnt expect players like Morais & Foran to play in the frst div for first div wages

Ok, so lets say an SPL wage is about ?60k per annum + company share of taxes and insurances, say ?25k + signing on fee ?10k. Thats ?95k to find for one player. Or, at an average ?160 per season ticket a cool 600 bums on seats. Maybe 20% of ticket sales. Not economical sense is it.

Some assumptions in that but its not so far from reality as some may think. And my estimated season ticket average price is a bit of guess work but probably close when you take the number of adult main stand, adult north stand, family section and various concessions into account.

Ok, so lets say an SPL wage is about ?60k per annum + company share of taxes and insurances, say ?25k + signing on fee ?10k. Thats ?95k to find for one player. Or, at an average ?160 per season ticket a cool 600 bums on seats. Maybe 20% of ticket sales. Not economical sense is it.

Some assumptions in that but its not so far from reality as some may think. And my estimated season ticket average price is a bit of guess work but probably close when you take the number of adult main stand, adult north stand, family section and various concessions into account.

We're in a extra cup not like most of the SPL teams so theres always a bit extra cash there