FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Craig Brewster

Well, i'm sure now that the dust has settled, all the Brewster doubters will put their hands up and admit they were wrong to call for his head. All the pressure from the folk for a man to be sacked, and without that pressure he may still be in a job, and ICTFC would still be an SPL club... oh well, we all make mistakes!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i'm sure now that the dust has settled, all the Brewster doubters will put their hands up and admit they were wrong to call for his head. All the pressure from the folk for a man to be sacked, and without that pressure he may still be in a job, and ICTFC would still be an SPL club... oh well, we all make mistakes!

Are you being serious!? :D

Guest ThePugsy93

I find myself agreeing with you here CB's. We were all far too quick to call for his head and we paid the ultimate price. Maybe we should take note and not do the same thing next year, I don't really fancy division 2.

No doubt you will be shot down in flames by the regulars though.

Tin hat at the ready.

Are you being serious!? :D

A pair of wind up merchants on here , either that or theyre from another planet !! ie over the Bridge

Edited by Fanoffooty

No wind up merchants here! You may disagree but thats my view. That away day at falkirk where ICT lost 4-0... would never have happened under Brewster! We would have lost 1-0 improving our goal difference and therefore leap frogging St Mirren. However because of fan pressure, you got what you wanted.. the manager to be sacked.. maybe its karma.. the only club that booted the manager got the boot this season!

No wind up merchants here! You may disagree but thats my view. That away day at falkirk where ICT lost 4-0... would never have happened under Brewster! We would have lost 1-0 improving our goal difference and therefore leap frogging St Mirren. However because of fan pressure, you got what you wanted.. the manager to be sacked.. maybe its karma.. the only club that booted the manager got the boot this season!

Your logic is extremely flawed. Yes it came down to goal difference under Butcher but that's because he gave us that chance. Under Brewster we'd have been relegated on points by the end of March.

Guest ThePugsy93

I agree with your first post but to say that we would only have lost 1-0 and therefore improved the goal diffrence at the end of the season is straw clutching at it's very best.

I kind of agree with the last bit though if im honest. Some fans asked for Brewster to be removed, they got what they wanted. I hope your happy now.

and if we had kept him we would have been in the spl?

I quite liked actually having a chance of safety...

That would not have happened under Brewster, the players had no respect for the fella and he really was/is tactically inept.

And yes the fans got what they want, but thats what happens everywhere, fans make clubs. Look at the two most recent managerial casualties in Scotland, Calderwood and Strachan. Both hated by fans. Both sacked.

Edited by ubern

Talking of BOOTS it'll be no surprise if Brewster hangs his up next season especially as he knows we're coming to get him

Brewster is probably the single most hated man in Inverness and quite rightly so.

In all seriousness that is rediculous. Ok, ICT were struggling when he got the boot, but to be actually hated by people no matter how big a supporter they are is a disgrace! Fans may not have appreciated him as manager, but im sure everyone is in agreement that he was trying his best and would have loved to stay on and give it a real go! But to hate him for that is shocking!

Guest ThePugsy93

That would not have happened under Brewster, the players had no respect for the fella and he really was/is tactically inept.

And yes the fans got what they want, but thats what happens everywhere, fans make clubs. Look at the two most recent managerial casualties in Scotland, Calderwood and Strachan. Both hated by fans. Both sacked.

And both will suffer because of it. Rangers will win the league next year comfortably while Aberdeen will be back where they belong next year, mid table mediocrety.

When will fans ever learn?

And both will suffer because of it. Rangers will win the league next year comfortably while Aberdeen will be back where they belong next year, mid table mediocrety.

When will fans ever learn?

Only time will tell...

Guest ThePugsy93

Any chance of one of our moderaters putting a lock on this Thread , its obvious this guy CBsrednbluearmy or whatever he calls himself is only on here to wind people up & cause hassle ,

Thankyou

Or maybe he is just voicing his opinion?

Just because other people, including yourself, don't agree with it doesn't mean he is on the wind up.

Jesus Wept.

Any chance of one of our moderaters putting a lock on this Thread , its obvious this guy CBsrednbluearmy or whatever he calls himself is only on here to wind people up & cause hassle ,

Thankyou

Are we not allowed a debate on here?! It would be very boring if everyone just posted.. 'i agree' or is that what is supposed to happen?!

Or is it only 20 fans that are allowed an opinion?

In all seriousness that is rediculous. Ok, ICT were struggling when he got the boot, but to be actually hated by people no matter how big a supporter they are is a disgrace! Fans may not have appreciated him as manager, but im sure everyone is in agreement that he was trying his best and would have loved to stay on and give it a real go! But to hate him for that is shocking!

What's so ridiculous about it? When the chips were down, he couldn't do the job that we were paying him to do. He probably knew he couldn't do the job. Why then did he not quit? I'd have a lot more respect for him if he did.

And I don't for a second believe that he was trying his best. From the moment we originally hired him to be a player/manager, he never had the clubs best interests at heart.

Guest ThePugsy93

What's so ridiculous about it? When the chips were down, he couldn't do the job that we were paying him to do. He probably knew he couldn't do the job. Why then did he not quit? I'd have a lot more respect for him if he did.

And I don't for a second believe that he was trying his best. From the moment we originally hired him to be a player/manager, he never had the clubs best interests at heart.

So you genuinely believe that Brewster didn't care that we were at the bottom of the league and struggling?

That is the biggest pile of pap I've ever heard.

perhaps locking it would be a bit harsh but perhaps for non ict as thankfully the man has got nothing to do with the club anymore and never will again

Unless he scores against ICT next season?

Sounds like you would enjoy that