FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

HMS SNECK

Alex MacLeod

A campaign season ends and the battered and bruised HMS Sneck limps quietly into dry-dock.

A season of battles and skirmishes under a clueless leadership and a shell-shocked crew took its toll on the poor old girl. She rallied towards the end but her wounds had not healed and she succumbed to humiliation and ultimate defeat.

But fear not people. HMS Sneck has been modified and re-fitted. Her wounds have been healed. Her scars painted over and she is once again in a state of battle readiness.

At present she is undergoing sea trials around the firth of Moray under the watchful eye of Commander Butcher, he of English persuasion, who has, on more than one occasion, displayed his do or die attitude and his lust for victory. Lieutenant Malpas, a tactician of war with a record of success in many a battle. And captain Munro, a vital spark in the battles ahead. Those trials are showing that she is back on the route to success.

With a crew of experience and youth and a following of young and old HMS Sneck will once again show her dominance. With campaigns in the firths of Moray, Forth, Tay, Clyde and Solway about to begin HMS Sneck is armed and ready. Re-inforced with weapons of mass destruction she will head into battle all guns blazing from the off. She will create history. She will show the world she is not prepared to lay down her arms just yet. Her armoury will be stronger and more superior to that of the enemy and her course will always be set to go forward. Never will she retreat.

Be ready dear people. Be ready to fight and to follow and to believe in the strength and power of the old girl HMS Sneck.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RiG, Johnboy understand what your saying here, but if this HMS Sneck thingy gonna happen then could we have a guest port to set sail from, now Bristol got a long tradition of seafairers, think about it, HMS Snek on tour :lol:

What on earth has happened to that thing that once was the trademark of the ICT fan? That thing called humour. Everyone has become so serious nowadays. This site was one that would have you in stitches reading the posts. Now apathy and blandness have set in. Maybe we need to ressurect some of the threads from the old Sportnetwork site and let the young see what we used to be all about.

Whilst wishing all me hearties aboard HMS Sneck good luck for the coming voyages,I'm sorry to inform you that the newly refortified Discovery will prove too strong during this campaign,with much more firepower than in previous campaigns and more ballast in the mid regions i forsee many arduos but ultimately victorios skirmishes.Once the Discovery has cleared these treacherous and troubled waters i will, in future campaigns, be happy to swell Sneck crew numbers in the grog shops whilst not away on active service :lol:

(with apologies to those that find it cringeworthy , feel free to ignore and move on)

Edited by Heilandee

But the Discovery is old...HMS Sneck is brand new, battle scared yes, but brand new. Its faster but wheteher its guns are aiming in the right direction remains to be seen...depends who's firing them! This could be a great battle on the oceans of the SFL.

I love HMS Sneck and all who sail in her.....its humour....and I like humour.

If its going on tour then we have a Canal Wharf in Coventry Nil.... :P :lol:

How about a HMS Sneck being entered in to the raft race.

I would volunteer myself as captain/crew but unfortunately in a freak accident I have cut off my fingers with a pair of scissors and the oar keeps falling out of my hand.

I could gladly give some advice on construction though, like length and depth of keel,calculating plaining speed and what size of outboard to use to win ect, I think the battery powered outboard should be silent enough, as long as we dont win by too great a margin I think we will get away with it!

HMS Sneck... Good laugh, If anyone doesn?t like the thread I agree they should user there rights to ignore it and not comment on it negatively... Long May you Sail long and fight hard.. Keep up the good work....

Whilst wishing all me hearties aboard HMS Sneck good luck for the coming voyages,I'm sorry to inform you that the newly refortified Discovery will prove too strong during this campaign,with much more firepower than in previous campaigns and more ballast in the mid regions i forsee many arduos but ultimately victorios skirmishes.Once the Discovery has cleared these treacherous and troubled waters i will, in future campaigns, be happy to swell Sneck crew numbers in the grog shops whilst not away on active service :lol:

(with apologies to those that find it cringeworthy , feel free to ignore and move on)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Discovery hasn't moved since 1986 (riding on the back of the Happy Mariner), and isn't expected to go anywhere soon.

Furthermore, it's never actually been a fighting ship. It started life as a research vessel. At other times it was used in trans-Atlantic and European trade (this sounds somehow familiar) and for training Boy Scouts.

You'll need to splice the mainbrace a few times before going into battle in that one!

:P

Ilpadrino, sadly the crew of the Discovery have aspirations beyond their station. They aspire to be buccaneers and lords of the high seas but alas, as you say, they are no more than mere boy scouts. This row boat of theirs will never match the speed and agility of the mighty HMS Sneck.

Maybe we need to organise an event for September 19th

International Talk like a pirate day

In fact we are away to Livi that day, could be a laugh.

Fancy dress - (link removed) I can get a good deal on some eye patches etc if required.

Who is up for a HMS Sneck day out?

IF fans are alowed into the stadium, then i think that could be good crack.