FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Loan deals out the way

Georgeios

I would like to have seen us move Barrowman on before this season started, but that's probably more from the fiscal viewpoint than anything else because unless he bangs in 20+ goals then his wages just aren't worth it.

In terms of ability and performance....we're starting a new season in a different league and we really don't know what's in store as the opposition will be different as well as the style of football.

As has been said, we need to start the season giving EVERY player the support we gave them in the last few games of last season.....getting on their backs from the off is self defeating and just puts us on a hiding to nothing.

"I BELIEVE"

Guest neksor

Why don't we just sack barrowman for failing to come up to the standard required of him!

It is done in other businesses.

Produce the goods or go--- unfortunately he has not been able to do just that!

Thre are a few others in the same category.

neksor

Remind us RiG , how many did he score from the service of Black and Rankin last season ?

From the services of those two players about 0 goals I think but as has already been mentioned we spent most of last season either getting rogered or pumping the ball long up front and not in the manner I have talked about where Barrowman might flourish.

First game of last season and Tokely fired that brilliant ball across the Aberdeen box and Barrowman popped up to finish. Easy chance yes but that is the player he is - a penalty box striker. And we need to play in a manner that makes the most of his abilities as such a player. If we don't then there is no point in him being on the pitch as he isn't going to get the ball down, speed past one defender, turn another inside out and then rifle it home like say Dargo might have done.

I think Barrowman will score a decent amount this season.

I think there might be a few loan deals with a few players signed, who will most probably start. The likes on Gavin Morrison, Dale Gillespie, Shane Sutherland might get loans somewhere, doubt they will feature in Tel and Mo's plans but are prospects for the future.

Neksor

Since Barroman is on a fairly lengthy contract the club would have to compensate him for the balance of his contract if he was sacked. That would, be lots of money. Better to loan him out and possibly share his wages with the loanees club or plaay him occasionallky to see if things can change.

There is no such thing in football as far as I know that says a player can be sacked without any compensation simply because he is not scoring goals, unless of course, there is as a clause in the contract which stated that unless he scored a certain number of goals in a specific period the club could do this.

Even then it would open up a horrible can of worms becauser a player could say that he was injured, sick, or didn't get the right passes to allow him to convert them into goals . He could also cite his high scoring record at County in support of all his own pet theories.

Maybe having dropped down a division he might make good for ICT now. Hope so for the club and him.....,eh?