FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stadium Announcer

Guest WynessLegend

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, it's the fans fault that CaleyD has an annoying,whiny voice.

fair play to caleyd for working for nothing. I still believe the club needs to invest in a new PA system and get rid of that tinny crap they've got at the moment

Is that a rather large chip I see on your shoulder yaboy.

If you have nothing constructive to say then you won't mind if you get banned from posting on the subject?

Is that a rather large chip I see on your shoulder yaboy.

If you have nothing constructive to say then you won't mind if you get banned from posting on the subject?

No chip sir, just agreeing with the majority of folk on this thread. Would it make you feel better if I was banned from this thread? You're a Rangers man anyway are you not?

I could recommend you a good barber as well to cut that barnet of yours too if you like?

OWNED!

why spend money on a new tanon system and save for a player in the January Transfer Season.

Adjusting Tone, Volume, Low Freq, High Freq, Gain, and sort that talk over music effect.

Do you run the announcements via a software cause that could dramically help.

Not sure where you get the Rangers bit from. I dislike Celtic more, does that help. But as long as you don;t recommend your own barber then thats fine. No it won't make me feel any better, but it lets those that want to post something helpful on here get on with it without the distraction of personal feuds in the way.

I agree about some of the words being difficult to make out, but that may well be down to the sound system, and or the speed at which they are delivered.

I have a lot in common with some of the posters on this thread. I too do sod all for the club.

Im looking forward to when i get back at Christmas to hearing CaleyD.

can u not hear him thro the radio...

i could hear him til the landfill area (no, not dingwall)

I have one thing to say....Please, play some Bruce Springsteen against Ayr. Go for it. Ya canna beat a good bit of Brucey! Thunder Road would be a treat. Maybe Glory Days as we have just been relegated and are looking back on the "Glory Days" of the SPL?

not his own personal choice to count down from 10 to 1 around 25 times when no-one else could be arsed.

Were you actually watching what was happening, the kids had ten seconds to try and score and to HELP each one they got the announcer to do the countdown, it really annoys me when people slate others for trying to help. Even if the so called supporters didn't like it I'm sure the kids did and appreciated what was being done for them. Like most things in life you only get out of something what your willing to put in! Get a life.

I wasn't slating the tannoy man at all, i was slating the crowd. Like i said, and have said before, i like having caleyd on the mic. good choice of music, getting better at mixing tracks and talking over the top of them, all round much better.

next time, just read a post, take ten seconds out and reeeeelaxx.

Darnit, didn't realise my mixing skills were coming under scrutiny!!! You'd think I'd have at least half a clue what I was doing there with 20 years practice :P

Don't tell anyone, but I've gone hi-tech and it's the software that does all the mixing now :019:

Aye fair play CaleyD for doing the whole thing for free, it is one less thing the club has to worry about paying for.

The facts are however that you appear to have about as much charisma as a potato, you warp every sentence you speak over that tinny PA system into a bemusing squeal and you provide absolutely NO banter; maybe the crowd will start to "Work Together" with you if you take the leap and start providing some entertainment.

Guest WynessLegend

Didn't realise it was the famous Caley D - but, regardless, we seem to be agreed that you're not up to the job.

Your voice isn't predominantly squeaky - just the last two words of every sentence.

Maybe go for a job on an Australian Soap?

And for God's sake - pay heed and move at least 18 inches away from the microphone next time. Your banter may be slightly better if we can hear it?

(Actually, I doubt that last bit - but prove us wrong).

I'm happy enough to answer questions, provide information and take on board the constructive criticism and ideas.

However, the personal jibes and insults from one or two people are starting to try my patience.

This should be closed before RiG volunters :lol:

Caley D said Girls Aloud was well received by the crowd and has asked for me for more music to play. I have sent him my 5ive Greatest Hits CD along with some Backstreet Boys to play for the Home game v Ayr.

Chicane - Poppinhola wasnt played :P

Aye, because it's a woeful song ! :019:

I can't believe some of the posts I read on this forum nowadays, CaleyD should be praised ffs he's giving his bit for the club, not to mention the excellent work he does with the website. Nothing wrong with positive critisism but there's no need for some of the comments.

Get a grip! :P

There have been times when I was quite impressed with the clarity of the PA system, although the majority of times it's been dire.

I'm no expert in these matters but perhaps some knobs need tweaking! :P

All these threads about the stadium announcer these days are getting abit boring tbh.

You said it! I think what must happen is that after a good perforemance and result certan folk find theyve not got too many things to whinge about on the field so theyve got to find something else and the poor anouncer gets it instead.

Didn't realise it was the famous Caley D - but, regardless, we seem to be agreed that you're not up to the job.

Your voice isn't predominantly squeaky - just the last two words of every sentence.

Maybe go for a job on an Australian Soap?

And for God's sake - pay heed and move at least 18 inches away from the microphone next time. Your banter may be slightly better if we can hear it?

(Actually, I doubt that last bit - but prove us wrong).

Why don't you volunteer to do it?

Some of you really are beyond belief, throwing insults at a guy who is giving his time free of charge to help the club, last week it was the young ball boys getting stick now the stadium announcer.

It's beyond pathetic. And I bet those whinging are the ones who will moan about it but if they are challenged to do a better job they will shirk it. I think Caley D was too loud but that was it. I appreciated the comment about the Annan player being okay because he looked in some state when he was taken off so it was good to hear he as okay.

I don't listen to the announcer really anyway so I don't really care either way. But if those are greeting about his style really don't like it why don't you give it a bash? I'm sure the club would love to hear from you. Don't all rush at once now...

Some of you really are beyond belief, throwing insults at a guy who is giving his time free of charge to help the club, last week it was the young ball boys getting stick now the stadium announcer.

I agree wholeheartedly, but unfortunately this kind of psychology has been a feature of this forum for some time now. I suppose that it's just that some people need football as a medium to express certain deepseated and sometimes even subconscious dissatisfactions in their lives. As a result there's they create a hierarchy of targets within the football ground and when criticising one isn't possible, they move on to the next in the pecking order.

Such a hierarchy/ pecking order might typically read -

The Manager

The Players

The Stewards

Mike Smith

Car Parking

Caley D's announcing

The PA system

The ballboys

The pitch

The pies

The toilets