FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

best fishing spots

depends on what fishing you do... Fly fishing then theres a few spots but you have to coin it, free to fish places to be honest, Im abit like you in that i could take you there but i have no idea what the place or water is called...

If its another type of fishing you do, I find anything that Renagade posts on is good for a cast too.

Edited by georgeios

:017:

If you call forres quite close to sneck, i know a good place :)

River Findhorn...Original Idea :angry:

but the spots are quite rare and you cant publically fish there

Click

just noticed... my granda's in the top right pic of that link :O

My Granny and Granda has fished there for over 30 years (mainly cause they live 5 mins away) and it seems to be good spots.

Edited by caleymad

aye cheers for the info.

looking into getting a post office permit, bit of a rip-off really, all you need to be is a bit safe and not go onto private land and its ok by everyone.

my old mans a scottish water employee and my stepfathers a forestry commission employee, the inside knowledge is on me.

used to live out in daviot, so river nairn easy enough to get to, never caught much but a real peaceful spot.

or loch ashie out by gorthleck. tbh stopped for a while but looking to get back into it now.

aye cheers for the info.

looking into getting a post office permit, bit of a rip-off really, all you need to be is a bit safe and not go onto private land and its ok by everyone.

my old mans a scottish water employee and my stepfathers a forestry commission employee, the inside knowledge is on me.

used to live out in daviot, so river nairn easy enough to get to, never caught much but a real peaceful spot.

or loch ashie out by gorthleck. tbh stopped for a while but looking to get back into it now.

you need a ticket to fish most rivers around here, unless its only brown tout your after, but even then its a gray area, also there is no tresspassing laws in scotland but you will get a hard time from some toffs, at the mouth of the lossie you can fish in the sea for seatrout, same as in findhorn bay, but you will need to go to the postoffice, think its only a couple of quid for a ticket for the bay, it goes in a wee up keep pot, if your seen by locals they will give you a hard time............... local post offices normaly run the show for the lossie, spay and findhorn.. watch the snobs in the plus fours!!

Guest birdog

The Helmsdale is pretty good. I think you might need to be a local to fish on it though. My grampa fishes on it. Its not half bad.

I heard if you join the Rogart angling club that they have a beat on the Helmsdale, get yourself down the rocks at the beach DC, some good fishing down there

The Helmsdale is pretty good. I think you might need to be a local to fish on it though. My grampa fishes on it. Its not half bad.

I heard if you join the Rogart angling club that they have a beat on the Helmsdale, get yourself down the rocks at the beach DC, some good fishing down there

Ok, cheers Birdog. You wouldnt happen to know how i could find out prices for the Rogart club?

Guest birdog

Ok, cheers Birdog. You wouldnt happen to know how i could find out prices for the Rogart club?

Ask at George Campbell's Outdoor shop on Castle street. The Dornoch angling club have some good lochs too but if it's sea trout or salmon you are after then you need to get on to a river.

Ask at George Campbell's Outdoor shop on Castle street. The Dornoch angling club have some good lochs too but if it's sea trout or salmon you are after then you need to get on to a river.

Ok, cheers pal. I will have a pop in tomorrow if i get up soon enough. All the bloody shops in this town shut far to early!

• 2 weeks later...