FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lift to Dundee

WYNESS101

Despite being a member of the Supporters Club i can't get a seat on the bus AGAIN! :016: thats this week now and Dunfermline i havnt being able to get a seat on the bus even though i have paid for my membership for it.

Anyone got a spare seat in there car or that i could get a lift down with? PM if so

Despite being a member of the Supporters Club i can't get a seat on the bus AGAIN! :016: thats this week now and Dunfermline i havnt being able to get a seat on the bus even though i have paid for my membership for it.

Anyone got a spare seat in there car or that i could get a lift down with? PM if so

You can't expect the Supporters Club to put on a second bus for a few people when it is going to lose a lot of money.

Regarding last week to Dunfrermline - you had a seat on the bus and canelled it to go on a mini bus. You also said on the forum that "it was a lot better than the supporters bus" !so don't throw your toys out of the pram when you phone up late in the week and you can't get a seat.

Seems a little strange that the Supporters Club can put on an extra bus when certain members of the "in crowd" want to get to games. Seems that we have a club within a club and if you're not a member of that then tough.

Seems a little strange that the Supporters Club can put on an extra bus when certain members of the "in crowd" want to get to games. Seems that we have a club within a club and if you're not a member of that then tough.

That is one of the truest posts I've ever heard on this forum.

There is a select few 'elite' ICT fans who are deemed more worthy than many of the other diehards in a lot of respects - I wonder if there is such a noticeable division amongst fans of bigger teams or whether it just applies to ours and other small clubs.

I tried to get on the bus yesterday bus couldn't but thats nobodys fault but my own for leaving it so late. Will just get the train down instead.

When I spoke to Cath there was only 3 people on the waiting list, with the two seats I was looking for that would make 5, so not really worth while putting on another bus. Im quite sure if a few more people had been on the waiting list Cath would have made the decision to put on an extra bus like last week.

It is a hard call for the supporters club, they never like turning people away but its got to be financially viable to run an extra bus.

Being a member of the supporters club does not guarentee you a seat on the bus. The SC has to run within its means as much as possible and subsidising an empty bus is not the way to do it. Members should book their place(s) on the bus in good time to avoid disappointment. B)

Whilst I appreciate that their needs to be a cut-off date to guarantee a seat for practical reasons (being able to book a bus or whatever), I don't buy the whole "financially viable" argument.

Supporters Clubs take membership fees off people and hold events to raise funds and those funds should be used to subsidise buses when those travelling don't cover the costs of the bus/extra bus. In fact, that's exactly what happens when there's only small numbers travelling. Do you think for one second that Kath would not run any bus and upset the "clique"? No, they run a bus regardless and everyone else subsidises the "faces that fit" who want to go to a game when numbers are low.

Also, let's do the maths -

50 people on a coach paying ?12/head = ?600

Even allowing ?450 for hiring a coach that's a ?150 surplus.

You could hire and fuel a minibus for little more than that, not to mention the ?12/head you would get from the additional travellers.

I tried to get on the bus yesterday bus couldn't but thats nobodys fault but my own for leaving it so late. Will just get the train down instead.

When I spoke to Cath there was only 3 people on the waiting list, with the two seats I was looking for that would make 5, so not really worth while putting on another bus. Im quite sure if a few more people had been on the waiting list Cath would have made the decision to put on an extra bus like last week.

It is a hard call for the supporters club, they never like turning people away but its got to be financially viable to run an extra bus.

When my son asked about this (to get another 3 people on a bus) he was also told there was a waiting list of three. Given that this was days ago, it doesn't stack up with the amount of queries here, or the numbers quoted.

More than a rat!

The Supporters Club had a minibus last week to the Dunfermline game. Why not one this week? On many occasions folk have not been able to get seats on the buses and it must really p!ss them off i'm sure enough not to travel again.

If it's a cost thing then they need to fundraise more to keep costs down. They should be looking at why folk don't use the buses rather than why they do.

I was under the impression that they had a reasonably healthy bank balance. Surely as an organisation whose stated aim has been to get fans to away games should be doing that. It's understandable to want to have reserves of cash but at what level should that be?

Maybe one of the members of the Club or the Treasurer could tell us what the accounts look like?

I was of the understanding that the Supporters Club had a minibus running in addition to the usual 'big' bus.

There does obviously need to be a cut of day for the buses, but it looks like there may have been enough people to run a minibus again. It is a shame if people are missing out, but I suppose it's just a case of being more organised and booking earlier so that Kath can plan ahead.

There used to be 2 buses for most games and that worked well. Neither bus might have been full, but sufficient numbers on each one to make it viable. Bus 1 had the usual Perth stop, but bus 2 often just stopped quickly at Ballinluig and therefore arriving at the destination a bit earlier. If there were sufficient numbers I'm sure Kath could return to that system. That way everyone would be happy and there was usually spare seats on either bus. I don't envy her task at all.

I didn't decide to go until yesterday, so we're travelling on the train. This gets us into Dundee for about 12 which suits me better.

Whilst I appreciate that their needs to be a cut-off date to guarantee a seat for practical reasons (being able to book a bus or whatever), I don't buy the whole "financially viable" argument.

Supporters Clubs take membership fees off people and hold events to raise funds and those funds should be used to subsidise buses when those travelling don't cover the costs of the bus/extra bus. In fact, that's exactly what happens when there's only small numbers travelling. Do you think for one second that Kath would not run any bus and upset the "clique"? No, they run a bus regardless and everyone else subsidises the "faces that fit" who want to go to a game when numbers are low.

You could hire and fuel a minibus for little more than that, not to mention the ?12/head you would get from the additional travellers.

Thanks for the maths lesson!!

Firstly, running a minibus costs the same for the drivers wages & not much less in fuel, granted, the hire of the bus costs less, but does it cover costs?

Second point, if you can find a reliable bus company that can service all areas at ?450... please let us know, thinking how far some away grounds are & how long they take to get there....

Firstly, running a minibus costs the same for the drivers wages & not much less in fuel, granted, the hire of the bus costs less, but does it cover costs?

Second point, if you can find a reliable bus company that can service all areas at ?450... please let us know, thinking how far some away grounds are & how long they take to get there....

Good point, of the regulars on the bus, will you still use the bus to go dingwall or make your own way?

The Supporters Club had a minibus last week to the Dunfermline game.

No they didn't.

You might want to get your facts right before talking rubbish.

Er.........I was on the thing, or hallucinating.One of the two.

Good point, of the regulars on the bus, will you still use the bus to go dingwall or make your own way?

I dont think it is viable to run a bus to County...

I think I am correct in saying there will not be a supporters club bus to Dingwall...

There are plenty of buses (Service 25 @ 25mins past & 45 mins past the hour) & trains ( at 13.32 & 13.59) from the town centre.

I dont think it is viable to run a bus to County...

I think I am correct in saying there will not be a supporters club bus to Dingwall...

There are plenty of buses (Service 25 @ 25mins past & 45 mins past the hour) & trains ( at 13.32 & 13.59) from the town centre.

I thought that might be the case, where the supporters bus doesnt matter for a local game, this would be the only league ground that the supporters club could actually make some money but I dont know if the bus is hired by the day or by the hour.