FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ball Control

Renegade

Is it just me do most of the ICT team are completely unable to control the ball? Most of them, when the ball comes to them, it just pings often and they seem to be unable to trap it and control it at all. A couple know and have known how to do it. Barry Robson could do it, Black could do it and from the current line up, Cox seems pretty capable of controlling it pretty well. The rest seem know hee haw about what to do. It's about time they started practicing this at training. Discuss.

Is it just me do most of the ICT team are completely unable to control the ball? Most of them, when the ball comes to them, it just pings often and they seem to be unable to trap it and control it at all. A couple know and have known how to do it. Barry Robson could do it, Black could do it and from the current line up, Cox seems pretty capable of controlling it pretty well. The rest seem know hee haw about what to do. It's about time they started practicing this at training. Discuss.

And u think shipping in some Fijians/Samoans/(watever crazy idea it was) would have better ball control than the current crop? <_<

And u think shipping in some Fijians/Samoans/(watever crazy idea it was) would have better ball control than the current crop? <_<

Tim Cahill has excellent ball control.

I wasn't aware we'd signed him.

And u think shipping in some Fijians/Samoans/(watever crazy idea it was) would have better ball control than the current crop? :huh:

Hes Australian, his mother is samoan, not so sure how good her ball control is though <_<

He once played for the Samoan U20s, apparently there was a lot of effort put in to actually get him to play for Australia. His brother, Chris Cahill (I think that's his name) is actually the captain of the Samoan National Team. Still don't see what Fijians and Samoans have to do with ball control though.

And another thing, one of the reasons why players seem so poor at controlling the ball these days is probably cause it's far too light. These new balls cause far too many problems.

Especially when the winds blow down the TCS.

From the south west, where the feck have you been? :)

It's not just a problem we have, the blooming national team's control seemed to be terrible in the last few games especiaally against the Dutch.

Naismith was often found losing out to one of the ful-backs because his first touch would be far too heavy.

Our game is a fast moving hard hitting game, the players we have brought in are used to playing a different style of football, down england way they get time on the ball, its more of a passing game, they havent had need to learn silky skills, but if you watch they are mostly great passers, it will take time for them to adapt.

I think he is just trying to link this shockingly poor thread to another shocking thread you started.

Your a joke Renegade. But it's quite funny at times.

And your just a silly wee boy who needs to start growing up instead of jumping on someone elses bandwagon to put down someone who started this thread with a very valid point worthy of discussion.

Im not a silly wee boy, please refrain from personal abuse!

but it is true. Nothing like putting somebody else to make yourself feel better eh?

When we are moving at pace up the pitch, we are often let down by one pass. If Hayes or Eagle is running up the wing, the ball will often git hit behind them, or under them. This takes the running player out of his stride and slows the attack right down. It may just be the level we are at though.

OK guys, keep the personal abuse down. Keep up with the topic. Rossco, if you don't want to contribute to the topic, then don't post on it. No need to continually slag other posters. Respect others comments please. The mods will be discussing the report.

OK guys, keep the personal abuse down. Keep up with the topic. Rossco, if you don't want to contribute to the topic, then don't post on it. No need to continually slag other posters. Respect others comments please. The mods will be discussing the report.

I did good TM4tJ didnt I....? lol it wasnt easy! :D

legitimate thread, decent point(s) for discussion, no need for the abuse. it stops now or posts get deleted and the abusers get a topic ban. nothing more to say on the matter.

This site has gone to the dogs since I have been on loan to Las Palmas - We have dedicated halfwits like poor old Renegade being challenged - well he is challenged - Moderators throwing their Internet weight about and above the law and the erse licking hangers on putting their ore in. Even I am being abused.

Hang on a feckin second - nowt has feckin changed. :D :( :lol::lol:

All we need now is the deranged South Lancashire United eejit to join in.

Lets face it - Renegade is on the feckin wind up - good lad !!