FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

post match interviews

TopSix

I hope and pray he says nothing, he comes out saying " played well, gelled, great, blah blah, go through the dug out stuff you'll get the picture, for next week it'll go to rats... i hope it doesnt, if it does then im blaming him if he comes out jinxing it!!

Butcher said: ?I?m not used to being 4-1 up at half-time ? I?ve never had that before in my career ? but it?s a very nice feeling.

?Ayr then came back at us in a 10-minute spell and caused us a few problems so we had to be professional and get the next goal to kill the game off.

?Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would come away and win 5-1. It?s the third of a three-match unbeaten run with seven out of nine points so it?s come at the right time for us. We had a bit of luck and got the rebounds and ricochets.?

Butcher praised Ryan Esson for recovering from his howler which allowed Mark Roberts to cancel out Foran?s opener. The goalkeeper sliced a clearance straight at the former Partick forward who could not miss an empty net.

Butcher said: ?It was important to recover after Ryan?s error and full credit to him for doing so. He got a big round of applause from all the players in the dressing-room. He showed great professionalism.

?Their goal could have knocked us down, but we responded in the right way and got some more goals. We changed it around a wee bit and it?s nice when it works and all your forwards score. But it?s not all down to good luck. We worked very hard with great movement, pace and experience.?

"The away support was magnificent but it baffles me why they follow the lead of a middle aged man with a dodgy goatee"

Butcher admits he is baffled why Caley Thistle cannot repeat their unbeaten away form at home where they are still unable to buy a win.

He said: ?It?s a phenomenal away record and it seems to suit us. But how do you turn that into a winning system at home?

?We have tried everything different, maybe I?ll take the players to a hotel the night before the next home game, I don?t know. It?s bizarre one week we do so well and not the next. We have got to find some consistency and hopefully this will be the start of it. It?s a good three points which keeps us in touch with the best.?

The manager hailed provider in chief Sanchez and said: ?We?ve got our good results this season when he?s been in the team. He?s so small he is hard to get off the ball but he?s got vision and makes us tick.?

Cloughie was at his best when he said nothing. Walter opens his mouth and Rangers head towards administration. The fans need to do the talking this weekend at home. If we do not start supporting the team at home Ross County will be in the SPL before David Sutherland can shout 'Tullochs will part exchange your stadium for an SPL one'. We would probably start winning if we played home games there anyway.

Still nothing anywhere from Tel???

Again, that's because the BBC didn't do an interview and I could be pretty sure that the man from Westsound whom Moray Firth had there would not have done so either. Post match audio interviews almost certainly do not exist. Your next chance of post match comment should be tomorrow's Courier.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

IHE has reproduced the Butcher post match interview above. It was in all the daily's today and, I think, the sunday's yesterday. Why not on ICTFC I don't know but would imagine that has more to do with the person who puts it on there and nothing to do with Butcher.

Still nothing anywhere from Tel???

Again, that's because the BBC didn't do an interview and I could be pretty sure that the man from Westsound whom Moray Firth had there would not have done so either. Post match audio interviews almost certainly do not exist. Your next chance of post match comment should be tomorrow's Courier.

Sorry Charles, I read your original post but think this is the first time I've not seen the official site with any comments... anyway here's the P&J Clicky for anyone interested

although they missed out the bit about the bearded supporter :lol:

Edited by Harry Chibber

MFR did have someone there on Saturday and had Terry Butcher live on the programme at ten past five for his post match chat

Well there you go.. a very quick and efficient service from MFR which one or two people seem to have missed. I must have misunderstood what John Rose told me when we were at Dingwall on Saturday.

Edited by Charles Bannerman