FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher's aftermatch comments in the NOTW

caleyrule

And surely Sanchez is the other as they have been shocking ALL season(bar Morton and Partick in the cup respectively).

Absolute puff. He was solid against Dundee at Dens park when we should've thumped them in their own back yard.

So a one hit wonder. great! cant wait to see that again :rolleyes:

I'm assuming you haven't been to any away games this season, Caleykid? Sanchez was one of our standout players against Dundee, Partick in the Cup, Morton and exspecially against Ayr when he created three goals. I don't know why he hasn't replicated this form at home, but he's certainly not a "one-hit wonder" and if he could develop a little more resilience on the ball I still think he could develop into a very effective attcking midfielder.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanchez is a good player but unfortunately he has struggled in the derby games.

Not doubting his quality however but if he toughened up a bit he would be a much more effective and consistent.

No one played well on Saturday, end of.

And Butcher's rant is totally acceptable imo. But most of the times he is away on this Champions league thing we lose the following game.

And let me guess that there will only be 1 or possibly 2 changes for Clydebank on Saturday, if he's going to talk the talk then he has to back it up with his next team selection.

IMO the ones not quite good enough are the Big Bull which im sorry for seen as hes over here on his own, Duncan cos he pish, and at a push LDZ but LDZ's not been getting a run out so hes not in this picture, I will also like to at this point note that Barrowloads is not getting a game or even the bench... why may that be then... maybe hes just not cutting it in training, mind Ryan at the end of last season, he was out of favour.. maybe its the same here... hummmmmmm

I would add Imrie to that list as well. Getting him training with the youngsters for a week to get that ego of his down a bit and maybe to lose that pigeon chested swagger of his.

I take it that all these comments were made after Butcher trashed the away dressing room at Victoria Park ??

I gather a rather large bill will already be in the post to the Tulloch Stadium to cover the cost of the damage !

You just can't keep away, can you? You'd do better convincing people that you support Ross County if you didn't spend every waking minute thinking of ICT... :004:

Dougie Imrie should be out of the team straight away. He does nothing for the team, it's all about him, he doesn't pass, look for other players. He wants to take on every player then get all the glory and he just isn't good enough, not even to take on one player.

Guest Mahonio

I take it that all these comments were made after Butcher trashed the away dressing room at Victoria Park ??

I gather a rather large bill will already be in the post to the Tulloch Stadium to cover the cost of the damage !

At least Terry doesn't assault his players as if he did then Sat would have been the time, judging by his comments anyway. So instead of moaning about Butch, take into consideration, Derek Adams assault on his players!!!!!!!

Sanchez has played well in a number of games this season but he does drift in and out of them - a bit like Juanjo in the SPL. That's just the kind of player he is.

For someone who talks about fans getting behind the team you are awfully negative about our own players. I hope you encourage them on a Saturday instead of slagging them off like you do on here.

sanchez - absolutely awful and thinks scottish football is easy with him trying his stupid tricks, Same with Juanjo

Bully - If thats a centre back, then someone tell butcher that im available on saturdays as i could do a better job than that.

Barrowman - plucked from county far too early, worked with Rankin and Cowie but not with Barrowman

Cox, Eagle, Stratford, LDZ - Where are they now if they are so great?

Which part of that is wrong?

Rooney got a slagging earlier in teh season from me because i thought he would come good(like my prediction of Dargo when EVERYONE else slagged him off for months), still cant find any reason as to why he cant find the net?

Do you not think its maybe that im passionate about the club and im seeing them being ripped to shreads week in week out by mediorce 2nd tier sides. Only 12 months ago we were rubbing shoulders with Scotland elite teams and now we cant even string a run together to move up the 1st division table. Do you not think that im pissed off that our once great back 4(which put the fear into the great OF) has been reduced to a shambles and that our club wont break the habit of a lifetime and give the manager the proper financial backing in the previous window for him to sign decent players who can get us back into the SPL instead of signing freebies from teams who didnt want them.

We have blamed butcher for god knows how long now and im sorry but its now time for the players to bear the brunt of the problems. The manager picks the team, the team should go and win the games. Bad management can only be blamed for so long if our players dont have the balls to dig deep and give the club who pay their wages a decent show of earning their money. I have never in 17 years of follwing Caledonian and Inverness CT seen such a poor showing for a derby match which could give the Old Firm derby a run for it money in terms of fierce rivalry. Why should i sit back and say nothing and let the team go on prancing about, doing whatever they like and have the ordasity to pick up their wages each month. In any other profession, if you couldnt do the job your are paid to do then you would be sacked. Why should they not face criticism for their lack of effort?

sanchez - absolutely awful and thinks scottish football is easy with him trying his stupid tricks, Same with Juanjo

Bully - If thats a centre back, then someone tell butcher that im available on saturdays as i could do a better job than that.

Barrowman - plucked from county far too early, worked with Rankin and Cowie but not with Barrowman

Cox, Eagle, Stratford, LDZ - Where are they now if they are so great?

Which part of that is wrong?

Very little but you were talking about these two players Butcher mentioned and one of them was Sanchez so I don't know why you're suddenly pulling other players into the argument to try and prove you are right about Sanchez who is anything but "absolutely awful" as you put it.

But if you want my opinions of the other players:

Bulvitus - a far less composed and well drilled Dods. He does the simple punt the ball to safety but his positioning is weak and he often gets caught on the ball.

Barrowman - I think Barrowman would be a decent signing for us if we actually played him in the same manner that County did which is why he was so productive. Not once have we utilised Barrowman in the right manner since we signed him.

Cox - Average. Started well but seems to have faded somewhat. Still an okay substitute.

Eagle, Stratford and Djebi Zadi - Don't really reate them. But as I say none of these players and their abilities are of any relevance to your point about Sanchez.

Do you not think that im pissed off that our once great back 4(which put the fear into the great OF) has been reduced to a shambles and that our club wont break the habit of a lifetime and give the manager the proper financial backing in the previous window for him to sign decent players who can get us back into the SPL instead of signing freebies from teams who didnt want them.

Our back 4 hasn't been good for some time now and the club gave serious financial backing last season in the SPL to try and secure our place in the top flight. But you need to face facts - hardly any team in Scotland is paying money for players these days aside from the Old Firm and Dundee. Even upper half SPL teams are signing players on free transfers. If these teams are doing it how do you therefore expect ICT to "stop signing freebies"?

The manager picks the team, the team should go and win the games.

If only football was that simple eh?

I have never in 17 years of follwing Caledonian and Inverness CT seen such a poor showing for a derby match which could give the Old Firm derby a run for it money in terms of fierce rivalry.

I've seen a lot worse than that but then again I have been able to accept the fact that ICT aren't that good, weren't really in with a realistic shout of the title and that Ross County are simply better than us as things currently stand. I think when you step back and take a realistic overview of everything that's going on with ICT at the minute you'll realise that we simply aren't up to scratch just now and it's better to accept that than have lofty expectations that result in you being disappointed.

Why should i sit back and say nothing and let the team go on prancing about, doing whatever they like and have the ordasity to pick up their wages each month.

I never said you shouldn't be allowed to say anything. Oh - ordasity? :D

At least Terry doesn't assault his players as if he did then Sat would have been the time, judging by his comments anyway. So instead of moaning about Butch, take into consideration, Derek Adams assault on his players!!!!!!!

Are you quite sure about that ??

From what I hear post match tensions in the away dressing room on Saturday may very well have resulted in a few altercations between some of the players and with the management staff.

I suppose the fact that Butcher is now away with Scotland for the next few days - instead of staying in Inverness and working with the players ahead of Saturday - will be a little relief to the Caley players.