FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ALBA CUP FINAL

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I looked at this as being just another diddy cup final but a feckin good day out with the lads - Am I alone in now feeling that this Sunday has taken on a considerably higher profile and could even prove to be a defining moment in our season ?

This is a real chance for the fans to unite, the players to perform - and give us a boost to move forward. Lets hope this feeling has moved on to the dressing room.

BRING IT ON - Lets feckin rock Perth.

I looked at this as being just another diddy cup final but a feckin good day out with the lads - Am I alone in now feeling that this Sunday has taken on a considerably higher profile and could even prove to be a defining moment in our season ?

This is a real chance for the fans to unite, the players to perform - and give us a boost to move forward. Lets hope this feeling has moved on to the dressing room.

BRING IT ON - Lets feckin rock Perth.

Just as important it would put Jocky Scott back in his box!

I am seeing it as a good day out and as a nice distraction from the real business of getting as high up the league as possible. And if we win a piece of silverware, great, get drunk and celebrate. If we lose, we get drunk have a day out and get back to the league next week.

I don't think it will be a defining moment in the season, league games against the like of Dundee, QoS and C**nty will be the season defining games, but I do agree its a great chance for everyone to come together, players and fans, away from the pressure of league business.

TBH it was the little things like this Cup that made me ease to the idea of first division football.....wee cup runs, being the underdogs in the scottish and league cups, but to be at least in the final of this alba, or even better to win it.

I cant wait for sunday, have done for a while. Going to have a cracking day of it and get right behind the team. Its good to have a week off from the league and i hope the guys go out there and enjoy it, and hopefully with no one on their backs they play good football and come home on the bus with the silverware.

Well its a cup final and we dont get there often so i hope the players will enjoy the day as much as we will... win or lose.

Oh aye, why do the media people on radio/TV pronounce the cup 'Alabha' heard it this way quite a few times now, are they pretending to say it the gaelic way or something?

Well its a cup final and we dont get there often so i hope the players will enjoy the day as much as we will... win or lose.

Oh aye, why do the media people on radio/TV pronounce the cup 'Alabha' heard it this way quite a few times now, are they pretending to say it the gaelic way or something?

Mibbee they listen to too much Runrig and have picked up the way donnie munro signs it. Btw anyone know if there's any pre-match entertainment planned

Will IHE and Brosnon be available for the customary photograph taken when ICT win this trophy?

It was certainly a defining moment last time. Like something out of Star Trek with two moons in the sky.

Mibbee they listen to too much Runrig and have picked up the way donnie munro signs it. Btw anyone know if there's any pre-match entertainment planned

My Erse speaking mates from Barra have informed me that "Alibah" is the way Alba should be pronounced if referring to the Country of Scotland, however if the word Alba is used as a girl's name then it should be pronounced as it is written.

OK, so what does that mean for our tactics?

When TBs tie starts to lift, keep the ball down on the ground,with the lighter ball shoot low when the wind picks up as the wind will try and lift the ball as the faster wind passes over the top of the stadium, the wind will more or less be travelling from goal to goal with a few eddies around the stands.

Edited by 12th Man