FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Great goal by France against Ireland

culduthel

Love the French goal against the Irish to secure France a place in the World Cup Finals - this is what football is all about ( two players offside as the free kick is taken combined with a double hand ball 3 yards out from the goal before a short cross that gets headed in).

If the Irish had qualified we would never have heard the end of it.

My father used to say the reason that there was so much un-employment in Ireland was that is was a full time job being Irish.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost a lot of respect for Henry last night, especially after the game when he was talking to Richard Dunne and you can see him mouth the words 'I cheated'. Suppose if we had been in that position and it had gone our way we would be congratulating whoever it was who done it, but I suppose that's football.

That's what I was just saying. Born in Canada. Brought up in Scotland. Live in Egypt. Ancestors from Ireland. NONE QUALIFIED!

I know of no New Zealander, American or Australian connections. I won't support England 'coz of the whole rivalry thing (you think Manchester City supporters want United to win the League 'coz at least they'll bring the trophy back to Manchester?). The Auld Alliance with France is so auld as to be virtually non-existant. So who now?

Must be truly gutting to be cheated out of yer place in the finals, they might have gone out anyway but now Henry goes down as another cheat, shame for Ireland :004: As for who to support,eh had a braw holiday in Portugal and the wee lad got a top at the time so thats as close as i can get to claiming any team there

Just heard on the radio that the Irish are going to appeal to UEFA on this issue, cant see them getting anywhere though!

The pundits commentating last night were going nuts, saying Henry should have chased the ref and owned up to the foul! ha ha as if, i cannot remember ever a player owning up to a hand ball.

He got his team to the world cup, and they got there really because of crap officials.

I'm glad the Irish got knocked out . Remember how they helped the Nazis during the wars ?

No...The Irish housed both German and Allied prisoners of war tho AND German U-Boat fleet was scuppered of the Irish coast at the end of WWII and from that...evolves the fishermans tale about the Irish refuelling the U Boats!. You will be coming out with the urban myth that Celtic helped the Germans bomb Clydebank in 1941, by leaving on the stadium lights next. heard all this crap before! And it only ever comes from the Sons of William biggots!

I'm glad the Irish got knocked out . Remember how they helped the Nazis during the wars ?

No, cause even if it did happen, most of us weren't alive at that time, even those who were would've moved on by now.

Maybe next time I see ICT play, I won't be supporting Richie Foran and Johnny Hayes. After all, they might be Nazis!

The Irish were neutral during WWII....and in fact many hundreds of thousands of Irish signed up, through choice, to fight for the allies. But there is still so much Biggoted Protestant propganda that still surrounds Irelands involvement.

No...The Irish housed both German and Allied prisoners of war tho AND German U-Boat fleet was scuppered of the Irish coast at the end of WWII and from that...evolves the fishermans tale about the Irish refuelling the U Boats!. You will be coming out with the urban myth that Celtic helped the Germans bomb Clydebank in 1941, by leaving on the stadium lights next. heard all this crap before! And it only ever comes from the Sons of William biggots!

I have no doubt that there were a few Irish citizens helping out German forces during WW2, however their country's government took a neutral stance and in my book that does not vilify any one of them who helped the Germans. There were others from the British isles who should be held in contempt though LINK

What this has to do with football is beyond me though.

EDIT- to get back on topic I am quite happy to see the Irish go out, I wish I could say it's due to the close links the French had with Scotland during wars against England but to be honest it's just because I have a disliking for that wee pr!ck McGready, not a racial thing, just don't like him.

Edited by Birdog2

Oh you're good. That's twice in the last few days you've posted controversial comments and got the exact reaction you were looking for so well done.