FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stuart Duff

RossP

He has scored against celtic :lol:

Wow that's hilarious....

Anyway, I'm led to believe it'll be the same back line again tomorrow, so this bloke will probably be at right midfield. Can't say I know much about him, but what emergency has taken place so an emergency loan has been brought in?

On the whole though, it's not really in the midfield that players are needed just, ICT are crying out for a decent centre half to challenge Bulvitis and Munro.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has scored against celtic :lol:

Wow that's hilarious....

Anyway, I'm led to believe it'll be the same back line again tomorrow, so this bloke will probably be at right midfield. Can't say I know much about him, but what emergency has taken place so an emergency loan has been brought in?

On the whole though, it's not really in the midfield that players are needed just, ICT are crying out for a decent centre half to challenge Bulvitis and Munro.

Mr Duncan is out for tomorrow,So he may well go straight in to that position, and the Spl are altering their rules on loans due to the fact that players arent getting games with there being no reserve games. I think the sfl rules have stayed the same though, so ICT cant loan out till the 1st.

I'm impressed with the way Wikipedia keeps their site up to date.

See here :

[edit] Aberdeen

In January 2008, Levein told Duff he was free to leave Tannadice and find himself a new club, and he was released on 17 January,[9] after playing 170 games for the club, scoring four times. Duff began training with fellow SPL side Aberdeen and a short-term move to his hometown club was confirmed the following day,[1] seeing him become the third player to move from Tannadice to Pittodrie in eighteen months, following Lee Miller[10] and Lee Mair.[11] Within six weeks of arriving, however, Duff was one of several players manager Jimmy Calderwood threatened to release at the end of the season, due to the club's poor performances.[12] In May 2008, Duff instead signed a two-year contract extension with the Pittodrie side.[13]

[edit] Inverness Caledonian Thistle

In December 2009 he joined Inverness Caledonian Thistle on a month's loan.[14]

Wikipedia

Welcome to Wikipedia,

the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

Johnboy, anyone is free to make alterations to any Wikipedia page at any time (well apart from me and the Ross C*unty page, I got banned from that one) some sad Stuart Duff stalker or the man himself would have altered the page as soon as the news became public.

Edited by Revbirdog

Wikipedia

Welcome to Wikipedia,

the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

Johnboy, anyone is free to make alterations to any Wikipedia page at any time (well apart from me and the Ross C*unty page, I got banned from that one) some sad Stuart Duff stalker or the man himself would have altered the page as soon as the news became public.

Some sad Stuart Duff stalker?

Can't be an awful lot of them.... Surely?

:lol:

Guest Mahonio

See here :

[edit] Aberdeen

In January 2008, Levein told Duff he was free to leave Tannadice and find himself a new club, and he was released on 17 January,[9] after playing 170 games for the club, scoring four times. Duff began training with fellow SPL side Aberdeen and a short-term move to his hometown club was confirmed the following day,[1] seeing him become the third player to move from Tannadice to Pittodrie in eighteen months, following Lee Miller[10] and Lee Mair.[11] Within six weeks of arriving, however, Duff was one of several players manager Jimmy Calderwood threatened to release at the end of the season, due to the club's poor performances.[12] In May 2008, Duff instead signed a two-year contract extension with the Pittodrie side.[13]

[edit] Inverness Caledonian Thistle

In December 2009 he joined Inverness Caledonian Thistle on a month's loan.[14]

As i thought, this geezer can play in, quoted from this wiki page Johnboy, "any defensive or Midfield position" so in that case don't you think that it is an emergency loan which will be used in Defence as to a lot of fellow fans that is where we are short.

I think he might well be used as cover for Tokely as he has played RB a number of times for Aberdeen, however...

...he's been woeful in that position. I rate him highly as a midfielder. Aberdeen/Dundee Utd level, so far better than we've got. As a defender though, he sucks big time. Imagine Don Cowie or John Rankin as a full-back, then you might see what I mean.

Please, Butcher, stick him in an attacking mid position.

Excellent news. Does anyone know if his contract is up in the summer? This deal may be made permanent in January if he performs well over the next month. I seem to remember him being linked with us before in the past, can anyone else recall this?

Its encouraging to see TB is trying to sort out this crisis and hopefully he'll add to it by bringing in a couple of defenders next month.

It can only be good for ICT to be bringing in some experience to help out our younger players like Cox. We have a tough festive programme ahead and if he can help us through that then it can do no harm. I would imagine he will play in the Russell Duncan role.

I think its a good signing for a month. There is no real risk and we aren't exactly setting the heather alight with what we've got so any addition helps. He's a decent midfielder. Reckon he has only played in defence because Aberdeen were short in that department.

He is a decent SPL midfielder and we are a mid table 1st division team currently so bring him on and hope he does a job.

Its kind of like an extended trial somewhat too. Never know, if he's good we might sign him.

His contract is up at the end of the season but given the length of his loan by the time it expires the transfer market will have opened so we may extend it, should he play well and i hope he does.

Maybe the experience we require to help Cox ripen in the middle of the park, and with Duncan out for tomorrow, maybe not such a bad idea.

You must have had your crystal ball out for this one!!

Remembering back to his performances for the Dons against us last season, was'nt to excited about the loan deal, however after his performance in midfield today he may just be the talisman we need to get that department working and the balance of the team in general ticking over??

Was impressed by both his workrate and use of the ball.................and Cox seemed to shine with a more experienced leader aongside. Glimmer of hope for me..............

I dont understand why people on here were critising Duff, when we have players like Stratford, Duncan and Bulvitis at the club. He had a solid game in the middle of the park with cox, and he passed the ball about the park well - thats what we lacked before was a solid midfeild partnership and credit to Butcher for bringing in Duff, even if its only a tempery deal.

Donview--oh , I so missd you me lad> :021:

Now could you tell us which teams(s) do you actually support?

Does Aberdeen fit in there somewhere?

Just asking.

Hi from cold Canada, anyways. :lol:

Think "remembering back to his performances for the Dons against US" should answer you're question you old codger !!

Long time since I graced the "Dung Heap" sporting red :lol:

Can't say I am too impressed with this. Maybe just emergency cover for a combination of injuries and suspensions?

You just hate anybody who plays for the Dons RIG!

Seems like a very good opportunist signing and we've nothing at all to lose from this yet still folk whine.