FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

PT game in jeopardy?

Johnboy

Last Winter we had the heaviest dump of snow that we have ever experienced in my 35 years here in Vancouver.

This year, they are panicking about the fact that all the snow is melting on Cypress mountain just up the road --that's where the snowboarding and ski jumping Olympics is about to take place. They are now trucking in snow and helidropping straw bales onto the slopes so that they can build up the courses ready for the Olympics. It's laugh a minute here.

Apparently we are now in the warmest Winter IN 73 YEARS.

Strange , eh?

Christ, everyone wants someone else to do things for them these days. Why don't you phone them instead of waiting for a website to update?

That would be perfect if my phone was working actually.....

This *click* sounds like the club need folk down there otherwise the game won't go ahead.

Yea seen that, looks like it will be going ahead then as long as they get the numbers to the ground. Probably just set off anyway, as if tehre was no chance I'm sure there would have been an announcement by now.

Edit: In saying that that depends on the fecking roads! :lol:

Edited by Iain

I would imagine the game will go ahead with the knowledge that uncle Albert is getting stuck into the snow.

There is around an inch of snow lying on frosty ground. I would have thought that the undersoil heating would have taken care of it, maybe just wanting the snow cleared to stop more water bogging down the surface. Untreated roads will be dodgy this morning though, take care.

Uncle Albert's just back from the stadium after a two hour stint. Still some work to do but he's leaving the rest to the youngsters. About 30 down there doing a good job, including TB, the ref and assistants.

UA had a word with Ian McColl to TELL him we wanted the points today. He said he would see what he COULDN'T do.

Looks like the game will go ahead, ref gave the nod.

Uncle Albert's just back from the stadium after a two hour stint. Still some work to do but he's leaving the rest to the youngsters. About 30 down there doing a good job, including TB, the ref and assistants.

UA had a word with Ian McColl to TELL him we wanted the points today. He said he would see what he COULDN'T do.

Looks like the game will go ahead, ref gave the nod.

:030: Yaaas!

I'm just back from the Stadium. The pitch passed an inspection and the game WILL go ahead subject to the rest of the snow being cleared. The pitch was 75% clear when I left at around 1130.

Just in from work , chuffed to hear the game's on , well done to all who helped clear the park :030: :025: :025: :025:

Now all the boys need to do is get 3 points in the bag :021: :021: :021:

Edited by Fanoffooty

Untreated roads will be dodgy this morning though, take care.

The trunk roads were surprisingly very good, went the lochness way on the way there. Took a chance and went the back road on the way home and if it wasn't for the 4x4 we wouldn't have made it, although was a bit wary of ice. The whole way back we didn't pass one gritter, which is understandable as they're concentrating on the main roads. But tomorrow if it turns to ice it will be hellish.