FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee getting the jitters?

bauhaus

The team that wins this league will be the team that has gelled together and has the fight and drive to go the whole way. Something that was severely lacking last saturday among the Dundee squad was the fight and drive.

:lol: Now there's nae denying you's outplayed us for long spells but surely a team with no "fight and drive" would have lain down at 2-0 down with 15 mins to go,no?

Your first goal a rebound of the wall and a well directed shot from Kerr. Your second a haphazard swipe and a cruel deflection. Dee, even you must admit that apart from that there was no real desire to attack.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your first goal a rebound of the wall and a well directed shot from Kerr. Your second a haphazard swipe and a cruel deflection. Dee, even you must admit that apart from that there was no real desire to attack.

I prefer to think of the first being a sublime strike from Kerr and the second some jinky trickery from GGH to leave 3 defenders flatfooted followed by a speculatiuve strike that got just reward for his efforts :D there was also a stick on penalty in the first half when Shinnie was brought down,Griffiths had a couple of efforts and Hutchie a fair effort knocked over by Easson,that said, you's should have been well oota sight by the time Kerr struck.................. Spose it depends whaur yer sitting eh :lol:

I prefer to think of the first being a sublime strike from Kerr and the second some jinky trickery from GGH to leave 3 defenders flatfooted followed by a speculatiuve strike that got just reward for his efforts :D there was also a stick on penalty in the first half when Shinnie was brought down,Griffiths had a couple of efforts and Hutchie a fair effort knocked over by Easson,that said, you's should have been well oota sight by the time Kerr struck.................. Spose it depends whaur yer sitting eh :huh:

Come off it mate, I drove a Dundee fan back and forth to the game and even his specs weren't tinted that dark blue....

Dundee created no more half chances.. even the goals

Your team relies heavily on Harkins & Griffiths... from what I hear Harkins picks and chooses his games to perform so it's really down to Griffiths. Ex-tink, Higgins is a decent player but you've paid the wages for Hutchinson so Jocky is probably under pressure to play him instead even if he is attrocious (if there's so much money in the pot why let Curier go on loan?). Shinnie looked average and your defence is more suspect than ours

I think we definitely have a better team, it's just whether we started our comeback too late

I do wonder what effect the cup defeat will have on them. Will it galvanise them, or wil it get right at their nerves. Remember they play Raith twice in a row, away and home in a couple of weeks. Bet Jocky Scott did not want to go out of the cup.

Can see the crack in the bottle now. Have to admit, if I was a Dee fan I would be s*****g meself now. What has been the biggest points lead thrown away?

Totally agree. That was just a bit of fun really.

Still, Dundee have 2 wins from their last 9 games. We have closed the gap on them by 8 points in the last 7 games. I'm probably more worried about County and Dunfermline than I am about Dundee TBH.

I see ICT can still be relegated!

Yep, so can everyone else apart from Dundee.

Well Dundee can be relegated if they finish 9th and lose in the play-offs. :)

But I will settle for them finishing 2nd as we go straight back up.

The Pars have been getting results of late. Some Pars fans I work with who are season ticket holders at EEP think they're in with a good chance now. There are so many 'if onlys' in terms of ICT. Just hope Airdrie can take points off Dundee on Saturday and we can win.

I still think this will come down to the last game of the season between ICT and DUNDEE, does anyone agree with me?

From the day the fixtures were released I thought this would be the case. Before the start of the season, I would have taken that. Dunfermline have been steadily picking up points although I wonder if they have left it just too late, as they are 6 points behind Dundee, 2 behind us, having played a game more than both of us.

The game against County is massive for us, and if we can take it to the last day against Dundee, I would hope that we would have learnt our lesson by then from all the draws in the league and the Alba Cup defeat that if we lead against them, we have to keep it/build on it!

If it did come down to the last day, and we were 4-0 up, I still don't think I would feel safe after all our capitulations....

Ok my 5p's worth:

Dundee have peaked too soon, maybe fan/ s***t comes into play

The Tinks, could do it, but have a hard run in!!

Us YES we can do it Believe

But I worry about Dunf

As an aside, the only way I can hear about the team is the stupid open mikes.. am I the only one who gets hissed off with that man Young and the screaming from various part time commentators, when something has woken them up????

Am I alone????

Ok my 5p's worth:

Dundee have peaked too soon, maybe fan/ s***t comes into play

The Tinks, could do it, but have a hard run in!!

Us YES we can do it Believe

But I worry about Dunf

As an aside, the only way I can hear about the team is the stupid open mikes.. am I the only one who gets hissed off with that man Young and the screaming from various part time commentators, when something has woken them up????

Am I alone????

I think that the pars are starting to pull themselves back in to it again bearing in mind that they are only 2 points behind the team that plan to win the league.

Dundee WILL find some form before the end of the season, i'm sure of it. I just hope by then we have pulled it back to at least 3 points. Taking the league on the final day of the season on goal difference. As for the other teams i think by next week we will understand who is still in the running. With us playing Ross County and Dundee playing Queens the following week that could eliminate both of them leaving us and Dundee and maybe Dunfermline depending on how they get on.

I've a funny feeling Dundee are going to blow it completely and it'll be between us and County.

beat county on Saturday and we wont have to worry about them , i still feel its about Dundee

I have a feeling that it will be between us and County too. However, there is stilla way to go before the end. Plenty of time to win the league and lose it again. Saturday will be important, but not fatal.

After the Ayr result, I honestly think that we can afford to draw with County on Saturday. After Saturday, each of our big big games are at home, apart from Queens. Dundee are away to County, Dunfermline and ICT, cant see them winning all of them, and add Raith, Partick away for Dundee - as long as we can hold our form it could be between us County and the Pars on the last day. Dundee would probably try to sign Johnny Hayes and Adam Rooney for next season if they dont go up!