Interesting....

Johnboy

Don't really want to make a big issue out of this, but did anyone else notice that Tuesday night's ref was the same guy that gave us a very dubious penalty award against Ayr United a few weeks ago, (in stoppage time) which secured us a scarcely deserved 3-3 draw?

Don't really want to make a big issue out of this, but did anyone else notice that Tuesday night's ref was the same guy that gave us a very dubious penalty award against Ayr United a few weeks ago, (in stoppage time) which secured us a scarcely deserved 3-3 draw?

Many Ross County have noticed this. Many. They are currently building an effigy of him in Alness.

I think some refs pick up on some things more than others just like in any line of work. something like that could just have easily gone against us.

and the red card appeal was turned down, so there must have been enough in it to warrant it. if not it would have been rescinded

As IHE has just pointed out, be might not like caravan dwellers, maybe some lead was stolen from his roof.

Edited by 12th Man

and the red card appeal was turned down, so there must have been enough in it to warrant it. if not it would have been rescinded

I had the unenviable pleasure of watching the game with a number of County and Neutral fans. Whilst none of us thought that it was a stone wall red card, we did agree (including the peg sellers) that the tackle would have appeared to have been two footed.

As a result, I'm not really surprised by the appeal failing.

Refs don't favour teams. They go out to referee the game to the best of their abilities. Regarding the sending off, I wasn't at the game on Tuesday so can't comment on it. In regard to the challenge which resulted in keddie being sent off, was there speed? Was it reckless? Could he have seriously injured the player?

Refs don't favour teams. They go out to referee the game to the best of their abilities. Regarding the sending off, I wasn't at the game on Tuesday so can't comment on it. In regard to the challenge which resulted in keddie being sent off, was there speed? Was it reckless? Could he have seriously injured the player?

You dont really believe that do you ? :lol:

You dont really believe that do you ? :lol:

I think it's far healthier to believe that than adopt the mindset of some some bleating, toy-throwing old firm fans who attribute all their team's failings to a refereeing conspiracy. Sure, most referees will support a team, like anyone else, but most people manage to put their hobbies aside when they are at work.

It was hardly a scarcely deserved draw against Ayr, it just took a while coming. We pounded them after conceding sloppy goals, caught up then almost threw it away.

If other clubs are caught cheating then it's not our fault. I have seen footage of the County incident which suggests to me that the ref was correct, harsh, but correct, regardless of what County fans will tell you. Last man tackle, definitely, the next gudgie was four yards behind, and that is on a video I have seen with my own eyes.

Same ref...........so what, someone has to do it.

It was hardly a scarcely deserved draw against Ayr, it just took a while coming. We pounded them after conceding sloppy goals, caught up then almost threw it away.

If other clubs are caught cheating then it's not our fault. I have seen footage of the County incident which suggests to me that the ref was correct, harsh, but correct, regardless of what County fans will tell you. Last man tackle, definitely, the next gudgie was four yards behind, and that is on a video I have seen with my own eyes.

Same ref...........so what, someone has to do it.

Aww c'mon Mannie...

That penalty against Ayr came in the 95th minute and I couldn't remember a single stoppage during the second half!

All I can surmise is that somebody up there likes us, plus a guy called S.MacDonald.

I suppose it could be argued that Rosscoe's sending off in last season's Falkirk game might be viewed in the same light as that one the other night.

It is astonishing how many crucial results come out of some extremely dubious refereeing decisions.

I want us to win promotion as much as anyone, but by our own efforts - not handed to us on a plate.

Oh.... and we still would have won comfortably against County even without the sending off.

Why mention it then?

In regard to referees being biased - if they were it would be pretty evident. Refs I know don't referee teams they support. Back to Tuesday night, the challenge which resulted in keddie being sent off, was there speed? Was it reckless? Could he have seriously injured the player? Anyone?

It is astonishing how many crucial results come out of some extremely dubious refereeing decisions.

I want us to win promotion as much as anyone, but by our own efforts - not handed to us on a plate.

Ill take that anyday :025:

The moderators were asked to assist with the testing before the system was put live....if you want to call that a perk/privilege then fair enough. They were asked to do this before it had been pointed out that we could not include the red card incident, so they got a sneak preview before it was taken down and replaced by the exact same highlights everyone else is now seeing.