FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Dunfermline

Scotty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just off the phone with one of my mates at the game....  he missed the goal after leaving early disguted with our overall performance.

Great to have the win but it sounded like the team were dreadful, lacking any creativity in the final third

Christie has a lot to work to do before Ibrox next week

Christie has a lot to work to do before Ibrox next week
Good job he has two weeks to do it then - Rangers game is 14th ..... but yes, it sounded turgid stuff and my internet connection exploded with about 3 minutes to go so I missed the goal - when I rebooted, I saw we had won 1-0 :)

However, I did manage to get the audio report from BBC Scotland and added it to the  Match Report 

Today it was essential we won the game regardless of how it was won, its a fact that playing pretty football does'nt guarantee a win, this home form thing was beginning to become a noose around the neck, but no doubt about it recent reports have suggested that the footy ain't been that pretty...this deffo needs addressing...but for now 3 points was the order of the day.

Bring on the Rangers  >:D

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

The last 5 minutes apart (when we actually played with some guile and 'had a go') we were shocking again today, and could easily have been beaten by a very poor side. We looked like relegation fodder: lethargic, negative and uncreative for most of the match. When's the last time we scored more than 1 goal at home? Have the high fitness standards of the Brewster era slipped?

To be fair, the keeper and the back 4 were solid, but the midfield was a shambles. Why on earth was Richie Hart (a central midfielder) played out on the left, with Rankin (a left winger) in the centre?????  :017:

Rankin had another shocker today, he created absolutly nothing with the ball and missed a sitter. For most of the game he was anonymous, although he did a fair bit of tracking back when we lost it. What will it take for Charlie to realize that he's no use in the central midfield battle?

Bayne put in a typical grafting performance, made plenty of intelligent runs and chased every ball - he was probably man of the match. Dargo had a shocker and deserved to be hooked.

On the positive side McAllister and Sutherland were outstanding when they came on, the wee man was a threat whenever he got the ball, and held off 2 bruisers to win the corner that we scored from. Mcallister gave us some much needed muscle, and held the ball well like Brewster used to. I reckon if they'd started it would've been a very different game.

A quick C n P from P & B

----------------------

What a relief to get our first home win since 460 BC but in truth it was another dire performance yet again.

Hopeless long balls up to Bayne, ridiculously slack passing from our players and simply all round garbage for 88 minutes.

The suddenly we drew 2 great saves from De Vries and it looked like it would end 0 - 0 but, as I returned from the toilet, I saw Tokley at the edge of the box score the winner which looked (side on) to take a massive deflection past the keeper.

Really not much else to note. Dunfermline were dire as well but in my opinion we were even worse. Barry Wilson played well today I thought. Certainly looked to be our best player.

De Vries could (and should) have walked for a disgusting stamp on Munro. As he came out to claim the ball Munro (I think) looked to have been bundled over and De Vries planted his leg right on him. He seemed to make no effort to not stamp on him, if anything actively trying to do so. Rankin had a glorious chance to score when put through but the guy is lacking confidence and never got his shot away while under pressure.

Callum Murray had an allright game despite what some ICT fans seemed to think. Probably should have had a penalty when MacAllister was dragged back inside the box but not to be on that ocassion.

Great to get a win but it doesn't disguise the fact that we were generally useless yet again.

Forgot to mention that Xander Sutherland came on and he looked really useful. His pace and directness were great qualities to be able to bring on late on and he skinned the Pars right back on a couple of ocassions. Fingers crossed for him as he looks a good one for the future

------------------------------------

Guest Suspicious Mind

Agree with poor game comments, but only one team was ever going to win.

Must be better to come but three points very pleasing.

Painful to watch at times but it takes two teams to make a decent game and they are murder. We were Barcelona in comparison and should be thankful we don't have to go to East End Park every second week.

Being positive, we did create a lot of chances and concede very few.

Being negative, I phoned my wife during the game. A first in twenty years of attending football.

Being positive, we did create a lot of chances and concede very few.

Exactly - I actually thought it was a good performance and a well deserved victory....  Rossco's goal was a pure fluke but was no more than we deserved.... well done the Big Man for being there.... The Pars came looking for a draw.... they defended very well and made it very hard for us.....

The home support are not easy to please..... that simple fact alone does not help the team....

Just off the phone with one of my mates at the game....  he missed the goal after leaving early disguted with our overall performance.

Gutted for your mate Harry........... :019:...........not!! Part-time supporters - will they never learn that matches don't end until the final whistle has been blown???

Barry had a good game. Wee Zander looked nippy when he came on. Otherwise we lacked ideas on how to find our way around what seemed like 8 defenders.

And did you see the look on Rosscoe's face when he scored that goal? Looked a lot more relieved than elated.

this was a superb performance, and a brilliant win...

Any win is brilliant...................but a superb performance? Uh ??? ?

Did anyone else see a superb performance today v Dunfermline? 

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

"The home support are not easy to please..... that simple fact alone does not help the team...."

Spot on. There are plenty of 'prawn sandwhich whiney mouthed breeds' in the crowd that's for sure, they tend to target certain players; Russel Duncan, Richie Hart and Richard Hastings in particular. One mistake, and it's 'RUBBISH!!!'

How many times do you see **** Hastings making a lung bursting 50 yard run overlapping the midfield, recieving the ball and putting in a poor cross? A PSWMB will scream and stamp his feet, a proper fan will appreciate him getting up there and looking for the ball, and encourage him to keep trying.

A good player will take risks, he'll take a man on, play a speculative pass, make a run out of position, try something out of the ordinary... and plenty of times it won't come off. But the 'pay off' if it does is often a goal. Players shouldn't be afraid to take risks, especially in the final third.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

"The home support are not easy to please..... that simple fact alone does not help the team...."

Could it be that many of the home support have been around a wee bit longer than you and have their own take on '*****' game, ( BTW we know him as Richard Hastings ), most of us recognise his talent but also have watched the same Richard play exactly the same eight years ago. Take care friend in your attacks on fellow fans we all may eat differently but we all dine at the same table.

Gutted for your mate Harry........... :019:...........not!! Part-time supporters - will they never learn that matches don't end until the final whistle has been blown???

Yeh, don't worry I gave them a slating for it aswell!!  The fatal mistake of a football fan but trust me their not part-time supporters

Could it be that many of the home support have been around a wee bit longer than you and have their own take on '*****' game, ( BTW we know him as Richard Hastings ), most of us recognise his talent but also have watched the same Richard play exactly the same eight years ago. Take care friend in your attacks on fellow fans we all may eat differently but we all dine at the same table.

That is a poor excuse for a dig at someone & not just because your point is complete rubbish.  How can you say he has not improved when he started playing 2nd division opponents and is now one of the better players in an SPL team, of course he's improved

How glad I was to see Rory and Zander get a a bit more of a run.  Their introduction made the difference in yet another game when the opposition came here for a draw.  Our midfield huffed and puffed all day but still couldn't put the ball in front of our forwards with clear chances at goal.  When is Roy McBain going to find his right foot on the right side of midfield and why was Richie Hart on the left?  Absolutely baffling.  Well done to Rossco for showing how to do it, even if it did take a deflection.  He was our most threatening player all afternoon. 

A Pars fan we ran into after the game was mouthing off about how lucky we were and suggested we did a lucky dip in the Lottery.  What a feckin' cheek.  They were s***e and deserved what they got - absolutely nothing!!! I was so annoyed that we were not good enough to put 4 or 5 past them today because they were there for the taking.

As for Calum Murray, he was poor as usual.  It took about 20 fouls and a blood injury to Darren Dods before he booked Jim Hamilton.  The guy fouled every time he went into a challenge.  He missed the first offence every time and then blew up for the second which was given the other way.  What a plonker.