FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Dunfermline

Scotty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that, the last 5 minutes apart, today's game was mince !!! :008: Both teams were poor poor. The only entertainment was the bursting of balloons in the North Stand !!! :party06:

Only in the last few minutes did we play with any urgency and desire to win the game. Zander Sutherland looks a player. It took a fantastic save from De Vries to deny Bayney. Then Tokely rescues us with the winner.

Having said all that.....I'll happily take the three points cheers !! :drinking08:

Wasn't at the game but I'm guessing that the tactics for having Hart on the left was so he could cut in and have a crack at goal with his right foot. Many teams have a right footed player left wing and vice versa just for this reason and play with less width. Just a thought as CC must have been thinking something.

The whole midfield setup today was baffling. 3 players playing out with there best position. Hart wide left. Mcbain inside him and Rankin to the right of him.

It was a lucky 3 points for us today as we played really badly again.

The only thing worse was some of the comments from the home support. From my seat all I heard throughout the match was abuse raised at Hastings for no apparent reason and unsavoury abuse of 1 of the Dunfermline players.

I have to say that that the save made by the Dunfermline keeper to keep Bayne's effort out was truly exceptional  :clapping04:

Anyone know what the attendance was today, couldn't understand much of the p.a. today apart from him telling us the scores at our own game! 

Attendance today was 3517.

Can't believe there was only a hundred less v Dunfermline than at the Dundee United match a fortnight ago. I reckon on that occasion they must have miscounted as there appeared to have been an awful lot more than 3600-odd.

We may be just four points off the bottom which is clearly better than 2 if it had been 0-0 so lets be positive. Rossco really wanted the win yesterday. He will inspire others to want to win and by that I  mean guys like Rankin who's finding it quite hard at this level. Barry has been driving like **** to get breakthroughs. Mark and the back four worked very hard as a team yesterday.

That's four league games without defeat. Rangers is a massive game because they will regroup after the internationals and will prove very dangerous.

We could be Kilmarnock supporters today! Or Elgin or Forfar or Ross County supporters.

We do give the impression that behind the current malaise which has its roots in Brewsters unethical and childish behaviour, that sooner rather than later, we will up the work rate and produce a great performance.

Guest neksor

Tokely scrambled home the goal - well done. Apart from that he was awful. In defence he is constantly being dragged out of position and is easily skinned by any player with a bit of pace. CC clealry recognises this as cover is always provided by another player.

Dodds was excellent, as was Wilson and young Zander Sutherland. Bayne worked hard up front with any reward and, despite much effort from our midfield, there is something lacking in that department.

Keep trying.

Neksor

TOKELEY WAS AWFUL....? The guy gave 100% right up to the final whistle....That's why we won the fecking game.... Jeez - I shudder to think what kind of comments would have been on here this morning if we had lost 1-0.....

Big well done to CC... I'm not quite sure what your new game plan was - but whatever it was it worked superbly...!!! 

:clapping04: :clapping04:

I thought that, the last 5 minutes apart, today's game was mince !!! :008: Both teams were poor poor. The only entertainment was the bursting of balloons in the North Stand !!! :party06:

Only in the last few minutes did we play with any urgency and desire to win the game. Zander Sutherland looks a player. It took a fantastic save from De Vries to deny Bayney. Then Tokely rescues us with the winner.

Having said all that.....I'll happily take the three points cheers !! :drinking08:

Got to agree with that. I am suprised to hear people say that they thought we played well. We were utterly dire until the 88th minute when we actually decided to try and score. It's not a case of being hard to please it's simply a case of us not creating the chances and our lead up play was rubbish.

Agree with the comments on the midfield. Every player there seemed to be able to run wherever they wanted - there appeared to be no apparent structure to the midfield. Communication on the park also seemed poor and was something Black mentioned in the programme. This was best exemplified by Tokley losing the ball passing it one way and Wilson running the other.

I have to say that that the save made by the Dunfermline keeper to keep Bayne's effort out was truly exceptional  :clapping04:

It was a fantastic save.

We do give the impression that behind the current malaise which has its roots in Brewsters unethical and childish behaviour, that sooner rather than later, we will up the work rate and produce a great performance.

I don't think the players look as fit under Brewster as they do now. We used to harry and press the opposition and somehow the guys still looked full of energy. Not so nowadays, Furthermore, I'd be suprised if anyone thinks that CC plays better football than CB. That s not to say that we were playing better football under CB but I have noted people in the past saying that CCs style is more passing than long ball. I've yet to see it.

Tokely scrambled home the goal - well done. Apart from that he was awful. In defence he is constantly being dragged out of position and is easily skinned by any player with a bit of pace. CC clealry recognises this as cover is always provided by another player.

Dodds was excellent, as was Wilson and young Zander Sutherland. Bayne worked hard up front with any reward and, despite much effort from our midfield, there is something lacking in that department.

Agree with most of that except Dods. Tokley was getting turned inside out by Morrison (?) on numerous ocassions and his hasty cleaerences just gave the ball back to Dunfermline. Dods was much the same. I think he is a better tackler than Bobby Mann but I must admit now that Manns distribution was actually quite good if you look at how Dods dealt with the ball yesterday!

Sutherland was a great move by CC actually. A pacey and tricky winger, he immediately unsettled the Pars right back and really started to turn the screw for us. In a strange way, although he had nothing to do with the goal, I think that substitution injected the life into the team to go on and get the goal.

Jeez - I shudder to think what kind of comments would have been on here this morning if we had lost 1-0.....

Probably much the same. Winning 1 - 0 doesn't disguise the fact that this was another lethargic Home performance aside from the last 3 minutes.

BROWN  :015: :015: :015: :015: Had little to do but just oozes confidence. At the moment is simply the best. If only we could persuade Walter!!

TOKELY  :015: :015: :015: :015: I still do not think he is 100% but he just keeps going and going and his reaction after scoring just endears him more.

DODS  :015: :015: :015: Solid as ever but it is games like yesterday when his lack of skill and passing inability is just wholly evident.

MUNRO  :015: :015: :015: Still makes that wee one or two mistakes but plays the ball better than Dodsy.

HASTINGS  :015: :015: :015: Despite what Caley100 thinks he is a solid enuff defender - a central defender - but I cannot understand why Morgan isnt regarded as being ahead of him on the left.

WILSON  :015: :015: :015: Sponsors MOM on the basis that most of the passes that were'nt wellied went to him and he was the ONLY player who looked like creating anything.

MCBAIN  :015: :015: :015: Played in right midfield!!  :010: Nuff said

RANKIN  :015: :015: Not sure where he was playing or in what role. Bet he fedkin doesnt know either. He needs a goal and the miss yesterday dented his brittle confidence even more. But I bet the scores at Castle Greyskull.

HART  :015: :015: :015: Played wide left  :010: Got stuck in but little else.

BAYNE  :015: :015: :015: A 100%er but his flicks and hold ups either go astray or back to midfield. There is no understanding with Dargo. He could have scored if not thwarted by the save of the season by French fries.

DARGO  :015: :015: :015: Felt really sorry fer him. Some great runs which were rarely seen or delivered to. Must be so frustrated playing with Bayne.

RORY  :015: :015: :015: On fer dargo and not Bayne  :010: His running really unsettled the Pars and his arrival warmed up the North Stand.

SUTHERLAND  :015: :015: :015: Hard to judge but it was great to see a wee traditional winger, especially on the left. He is deffo worth a run of games.

I thought yesterday was almost as bad as the D Utd game. It was only when Sutherland came on that we seemed to up the tempo, CC should start him at Ibrox. It's a game no-one expects us to get anything from, so throw him in.

Richie did well IMO, as did Roy....but after however many games he's had I just can't see why Rankin is still there. His attempt on goal, when one on one was *****.

Hastings, after a shaky start, was the pick of the defence. He got forward loads, and actually put in some decent crosses. One thing that puzzles me is this....everyone in the crowd can see none of our defenders can pass the bloody ball, so why doesn't CC make that a priority in training?

I also couldn't believe it when Dargo was hooked instead of Bayne. Dargos movement off the ball is fantastic to watch, but we have so few players who have the ability to pick out these runs that they're all done in vain. Baynes flick ons are a waste of time, they simply go here, there, and everywhere.

After all the talk by Charlie about changing tactics at home, we still got served up the same old turgid stuff. If it hadn't been for a lucky last minute goal we'd have all been raging on here.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

"When is Roy McBain going to find his right foot on the right side of midfield and why was Richie Hart on the left?  Absolutely baffling.  Well done to Rossco for showing how to do it, even if it did take a deflection.  He was our most threatening player all afternoon. "

McBain had an excellent game yesterday, I counted 5 shots on goal by him, more than any other player on the park, despite the fact he was playing in the midfield anchor role. He was our main goal threat!

"HASTINGS    Despite what Caley100 thinks he is a solid enuff defender - a central defender - but I cannot understand why Morgan isnt regarded as being ahead of him on the left."

Remember the 3-0 home defeat by Falkirik? Morgan was at left back that night and had a mare! I agree he never lets us down and should get more games, but he's certainly not a defender.

"I also couldn't believe it when Dargo was hooked instead of Bayne. Dargos movement off the ball is fantastic to watch, but we have so few players who have the ability to pick out these runs that they're all done in vain. Baynes flick ons are a waste of time, they simply go here, there, and everywhere."

Bayne put in a good shift yesterday, a typically tireless performance from the big man. Never stopped making runs and looking for the ball, and pressing defenders when we lost it. His weakness is his lack of goalscoring instinct. He's rarely 'in the right place at the right time.'

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

"I also couldn't believe it when Dargo was hooked instead of Bayne. Dargos movement off the ball is fantastic to watch, but we have so few players who have the ability to pick out these runs that they're all done in vain. Baynes flick ons are a waste of time, they simply go here, there, and everywhere."

Bayne put in a good shift yesterday, a typically tireless performance from the big man. Never stopped making runs and looking for the ball, and pressing defenders when we lost it. His weakness is his lack of goalscoring instinct. He's rarely 'in the right place at the right time.'

Yes someone else with a bit of savvy. DARGoal needs service to his feet which he is not gettting. If CC persists in hooking him i cant see him hanging around much longer. Dargo is a PROVEN goalscore when he gets the service. CC wake up and smell the coffee.

I'm just wondering if I was at the same game as everyone else - I actually found it a very entertaining match, especially the last 20 minutes or so when we piled on the pressure and always looked likely to score.

Of course everyone else was asleep by then!  :006:

I'm just wondering if I was at the same game as everyone else - I actually found it a very entertaining match, especially the last 20 minutes or so when we piled on the pressure and always looked likely to score.

Totally agree Buckett.... The work rate & comittment couldn't be faulted.... A good game & a great result....

Why then, do all the negative posts on these boards greatly outnumber the positive ones..?

Of course everyone else was asleep by then!  :006:

I admire your optimism as I didn't think we were ever going to score on Saturday  :006:

Still we did and we got a very valuable 3 points.

I don't know how anyone could enjoy a game like that though, unless you have nerves of steel. I'd much prefer to see us 3-0 up by half-time - then I could enjoy the rest of the game  :004:

Sandy, I take your point BUT does it matter if it is **** or Richard- it is still the same player being discussed - and maybe it is refreshing to listen to new fans views without having their views coloured by history.

Maybe in this case the views expressed are too close for comfort for some 'fans'!

Think Oats had a name for him... cant remember it though  :006:

Think it was the lack of goalmouth action that we witnessed, sadly i think that Dargs and Bayne dont hit it off, bring back Denzil.