FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Official World Cup Thread

Renegade

Ok I admit it. England are sh1te and deserved to lose that match. Capello should go and so should half of the squad. You can have joy of ripping the p1ss out of us English but please remember one thing. We're still better than you.

no one's disputing that. But also you remember one thing. You are 10x worse than you think

Believe me we're not. You don't get worse than I think the England team are. :D

Well, apart from Scotland obviously.

Edited by Oz647

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I admit it. England are sh1te and deserved to lose that match. Capello should go and so should half of the squad. You can have joy of ripping the p1ss out of us English but please remember one thing. We're still better than you.

Despite having 10 times the population of us.....I wouldnt be too sure of that! But at the end of the day....it was England who have gone out and embarrased themselves :D

Butch is on Sky Sports News just now, not a happy chappy.

Fair play to the Germans, they were outstanding but England could not have made any easier for them.

I've seen better defending on the Bught park when it's pouring rain.

Despite having 10 times the population of us.....I wouldnt be too sure of that! But at the end of the day....it was England who have gone out and embarrased themselves :blah01:

Smee my friend, I totally agree with this part of your post. The rest? On today's showing I'm not going to argue the case too much. :D

It would be quite interesting to compare the standard weekly pay of the last Scotland squad with England today and then decide if England went to the World Cup with passion and hunger. Could they cope on Scottish wages? Would it have made them hungry for success? Or do they rely on David Beckham's motivational presence in the dressing room?

Their supporters this morning seemed disjointed because after the draw they had assumed they would walk their group. In advance they knew where they would play their last 16 game so booked 1000's of rooms in advance, they probably had booked accommodation for the Quarter Finals and some the Semis. As bad luck would have it, teams on wages probably less than Scotland's turned up and dented their plans. World class players such as Rooney,Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Defoe and Heskey, and I could go on, somehow had off days, Croach was carrying an injury from amazing stunts for Pringles, whilst Green set the tone with a pub league error.

Now what about the Lampard 'goal'? Well it was not a goal in accordance with the rules so did not count. But wait, were the England players traumatised by this? Did Geoff Hurst send then a message at Half Time?

Some laughed at the French, others the Italians, but tonight against a young German team of no hopers England's millionaires just could not cope. Did anyone else count 1,966 errors they made in this tournament?

Oh well, I guess it's thick skin time again for the English amongst us - but then we're used to that. At least we have done better than the French and Italians.

It's difficult to understand why England have been so bad. Everything has been so inept from tactics through to performance and substitutions.

Why did Capello play players out of position in a system they don't like?

Why did so many top quality players play so far below their club form. Gerrard, Rooney, Terry and Upson have been poor all through the competition and would be lucky to get in their clubs' reserve teams on performances like that. Playing out of position is a factor but only up to a point.

Why, in particular was the defence so poor? The way they were pulled out of position was schoolboy stuff.

Why did Capello take off the two outfield players who might just about have got pass marks today and replace them like for like?

And why did they not go for more than a one nil win against Slovenia to top the group? Had they done so they could have expected to avoid Germany and Argentina and would have had a real opportunity to get players playing to their potential leading into the semis.

It's always disappointing to lose, but if you go out being beaten fair and square after giving your best then fair enough - going out with such a display of managerial and player ineptidude is deeply frustrating.

Of course, had England not been cheated out of a perfectly good goal just as the team was beginning to click, the whole momentum of the match and the campaign would have changed and we would probably have gone on to win the competition.

we scots know were crap,we dont kid ourselves on were anything else! but the english media and commentators put the team on a pedestal that there world class,when everyone outside england knows there not even top 8 in world,once they admit there a average team who will NEVER in a 100 years win the world cup again then maybe the nation will get respect from, others around them,and before anyone says at least we were there,true but we know were mince and admit it

To pick up on a point made by Doofersdad, Why on earth when you're 3-1 or 4-1 down would you take off a player who might score and replace him with one who hasn't scored in God knows how long. Fine bring on a forward but replace a defender and attack their goal. Also why Heskey and not Crouch? Crouch's England record is miles better than Heskey's. When ever Crouch plays for England he makes goals and scores them. Heskey does niether.

To be perfectly honest, judging by the way England played in the group stage and this match. There isn't one England fan that can say we could win the World cup or any other cup with this set up.

Who will lower the flag? Danny Alexander?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...p.html?ITO=1490

Presumably the German flag will replace it?

strange, so many people have been told they can't fly the flag as it upsets different nationalities in England yet downing st can fly it. Don't get me wrong we should be able to fly our flag with pride (today's result aside) but surely this will upset the b123ards even more. :D

Well, perhaps we can all get on now and enjoy the rest of the world cup. I have to say England have had that thrashing coming for quite a few games. They have been absolutely dire. A very average team with too many prima donnas and not enough effort. Topped by a manager who looks as if he learned his tactics playing Subbuteo.

And, just maybe the disallowed goal is retribution for 1966, when I've never been convinced that Hurst's contraversial goal was over the line.

What a great afternoons football. Thank you England. Now I can start to enjoy the world cup without having to listen to all the reports on what they had for breakfast, who has the nicest boots and any other guff we get day after day from the reports from within the camp.

Abject failure and I love it!

England were p!ss poor and they should get rid of Fabio asap. How can he manage England if he can hardly speak English?? they should have got in a good Lion Heart!!!! England lacked Passion and heart!

Did they really think they could win it?

as for that goal. It should have definitely been allowed however they don't need to go on and on about it. Teams get cheated all the time, and don't we know about it. the bottom line is that England we're not good enough.

ps lETS ALL LAUGH AT ENGLAND :D :blah01: :021: :021:

Edited by MissICT

England were p!ss poor and they should get rid of Fabio asap. How can he manage England if he can hardly speak English?? they should have got in a good Lion Heart!!!! England lacked Passion and heart!

as for that goal. It should have definitely been allowed however they don't need to go on and on about it. Teams get cheated all the time, and don't we know about it. the bottom line is that England we're not good enough.

You're right, know any proud English managers who would bleed for the cause? :D

You're right, know any proud English managers who would bleed for the cause? :blah01:

Hmmmmm....could Butcher mange the England team??? :D

The last time England had a foreign manager (Sven) they sacked him following a world cup failure. Then the fans said that they wanted an English manager. So, who do you get? Steve mclaren. Enough said. Now some English want to go down the same road? A bit strange to me. Before the WC capello was like a god to the English and now after another inevitable failure they're wanting him out. If I was part of the fa I would keep him.

Before the start of the World Cup, some people were saying that Capello was the best England manager since Alf Ramsay. Based on what exactly? Granted, he got the team to qualify, but Ramsay was only the regarded as their best manager ever in the years after '66, many also forget that he was also sacked after being eliminated from the World Cup in 1970. Capello has had great success as a club manager, but is untested at international level. It's also interesting to note that when McClaren was sacked, Capello wasn't the name most England fans wanted, the majority wanted Jose Mourinho, who first wanted the job and then changed his mind a few days later.

From what I could see, it says a lot when you get beat 4-1 and your goalie is your best player! Terry was poor, Johnson was poor, Gerrard was bad and Rooney was abysmal. Forget Wayne Rooneyfor a minute, I think Adam Rooney would be better! AT least he knows where the goal is! Defensively England were terrible and were carved open time and time. I've seen better at the Caley Park! I actually thought that after Upson's goal and Lampard's goal that never was, England played quite well, and even at the start of the second half they were quite good, but after the Germans scored the their third goal it was all over.

A lot has been said about this England squad, but they simply aren't that good and no amount of hype will change that. From the clubs I've seen at the this World Cup, barring the really big sides, I'd say that even the likes of New Zealand, Ghana, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Mexico etc have been better than England. They simply aren't that good. Butcher so perfectly put it on Sky Sports News earlier - "England couldn't beat a dirty carpet". I couldn't put it better myself.

Some strange errors from Fabio when examined properly:

- the defence had a first team 4 but no-one to replace them (which experienced player would play with an injury to either A. Cole or Johnson?)

- no automatic replacement for Rio Ferdinand, instead Fabio chose players without knowing how well they played together. Carragher couldn't be bothered turning up and King was too injury-prone. He should have made sure the defence could fit by insisting these players turn up or are dropped.

- the team was picked on reputation, not form. Lampard was poor but was first pick to the detriment of a Gerrard, who looked half-decent but was completely sidelined out wide. Rooney never looked like he could score but rather than being dropped or moved out to the left, played every game as a non-scoring striker 'til the end.

- Heskey was never good enough. There to make Rooney play better but he never did. Crouch and Defoe would have scored goals but never got the chance.

- no replacement for Beckham. Gerrard, Lennon and Wright-Phillips were all tried with Walcott left at home. How come it was such a shock to Capello that his first 11 might not be fit? So few replacements.

- not having a first-team goalie was madness. He's had years to settle on one, yet never did.

It surprises me but Capello just didn't do enough preparation. Besides the goalie, he had 10 outfield players as his first team. No squad though ready to step in (how many games did Warnock, Carragher, King, Milner, Wright-Phillips have?), so the whole pack fell apart with one or two injuries.

And they're dancing on the streets of Grosblie tonight!

England have been practicing penalties for the last 5 weeks. Perhaps they'd have been better spending their time on the basics, like defending.

And so you should be better than us! You have 10 times the population than us. I've had a great day watching the English get humiliated! GIRFUY

Edited by Yngwie
Abuse removed

Being Honest....I was a tad sad to see England go out. I actually like most of their team, and hold NO grudge to the English. HOWEVER, what i do resent is this condescending attitude towards MOST other nations, when it comes to sport, from the English Media (and some fans).....hence why i take pleasure in seeing them fail. Its seeing the pundits and commentators getting egg on their face that is real satisfying.

Edited by SMEE

Aside from the period just after the Upson goal England were atrocious. The back line looked like they were comprised of strangers from the street. Terry and Upson were left bemused by the movement of Klose and in the second half the entire England team was carved apart with two stunning counter attacks. England were lucky that Germany eased off at 4 - 1 otherwise they could have had another one or two. Yes that Lampard shot was over the line but Germany would have won in the end easily. England aren't good enough. Great individuals but awful as a team.