FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Next Round

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

Okay, i know this is maybe to early after the Peterheid game but i am wondering who fans want us to draw in next round of Co-op Cup and also when is it, not that it matters to me, others may want to know?

For me it is Hearts at Tynecastle.

So the teams in the next round are...

ICT

Rangers

Celtic

Dundee Utd

Motherwell

Hibs

Hearts

Aberdeen

St Johnstone

Kilmarnock

Falkirk

Ross County

Dunfermline

Raith

Brechin

Queen of the South

Falkirk would be good but for easyness i hope we get Brechin. Its quite a tough draw though i think and all the first division sides will be up for it and will have every chance of putting us out.

Lifted from P&B domestic cups thread:

Seeded: Rangers, Celtic, Dundee United, Hibernian, Motherwell, Hearts, St Johnstone, Aberdeen

Unseeded: Kilmarnock, Inverness CT, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Queen of the South, Ross County, Raith Rovers, Brechin City

Ties will be played on the 21st/22nd September. Rumours on P&B the draw takes place on Tuesday.

Hibs at Easter Road would be my preference.

I merely lifted the info from P&B. It may not be 100% kosher. Looks correct on the surface though. I couldn't find anything about the next round on the official 'sites.

It looks right - all the seeds finished above us last season. Although, as it is the SFL cup, maybe they should base the seedings on SFL positions. As the current SFL champions. that would make us No 1 seeds! Can't you just hear the West Coast griping if they pulled that stunt!

• Agree 1

It looks right - all the seeds finished above us last season. Although, as it is the SFL cup, maybe they should base the seedings on SFL positions. As the current SFL champions. that would make us No 1 seeds! Can't you just hear the West Coast griping if they pulled that stunt!

Do you not realise that the draw would effectively return the same fixtures anyway? With home games instead of away and away games instead of home.

I merely lifted the info from P&B. It may not be 100% kosher. Looks correct on the surface though. I couldn't find anything about the next round on the official 'sites.

Classic fail .

• Disagree 1

Do you not realise that the draw would effectively return the same fixtures anyway? With home games instead of away and away games instead of home.

At this stage yes, at earlier stages no. And seeding has no effect on whether the tie is home or away.

Classic fail .

Whatever.

Cos it's very likely that this will happen won't it.

Just pointing out that the current SFL champions are seeded lower than some teams who are not even member of the SFL.

Classic fail .

Whatever.

Cos it's very likely that this will happen won't it.

Just pointing out that the current SFL champions are seeded lower than some teams who are not even member of the SFL.

What on earth are you on about now ?

• Disagree 1

At this stage yes, at earlier stages no. And seeding has no effect on whether the tie is home or away.

The top seeds go in one pot, the bottom seeds in another, what you are suggesting is effectively swapping the pots so home becomes away and vice versa.

The top seeds go in one pot, the bottom seeds in another, what you are suggesting is effectively swapping the pots so home becomes away and vice versa.

Seeding has no effect on the venue of the game. Otherwise Aberdeen wouldn't have been playing at Alloa, or St Mirren wouldn't have gone to Dingwall.

At this stage, yes it is pretty much like swapping the pots round, so little would change. In earlier rounds, it would actually mean that the teams fnishing at the top of the SFL could draw SPL opponents.

All it really was, was an observation that the SFL seed SPL clubs above their own members. At no point did I think that it either would or should happen. To be honest, all it would be likely to do is eliminate some of the 'top' SFL clubs in ther first round.

Seeding has no effect on the venue of the game. Otherwise Aberdeen wouldn't have been playing at Alloa, or St Mirren wouldn't have gone to Dingwall.

At this stage, yes it is pretty much like swapping the pots round, so little would change. In earlier rounds, it would actually mean that the teams fnishing at the top of the SFL could draw SPL opponents.

All it really was, was an observation that the SFL seed SPL clubs above their own members. At no point did I think that it either would or should happen. To be honest, all it would be likely to do is eliminate some of the 'top' SFL clubs in ther first round.

Its not the SFL cup though , so the SFL have nothing to do with seedings !

• Disagree 1

The fact they finished the previous season in a higher league seems to have escaped you. Why stop there though, seed by points gained in the previous league campaign.

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

3. Livingston

4. ICT.

5. Stirling

6. Alloa

........etc.

That would produce tasty cup ties like Stirling v Falkirk, that's not really fair on Stirling is it? Oh wait.....

Its not the SFL cup though , so the SFL have nothing to do with seedings !

The Scottish Football League Cup. Yeah, nothing to do with the SFL.