FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Doctor Terry Butcher

CELTIC1CALEY3

Hope to hell we dont go on a losing streak. His Scotland duties got blamed for our relegation. Can just imagine the flak around his journeys to Southampton.

Oh, I never knew he was to blame for the relegation,

And here was me thinking it was more to do with the fans waving their shoes at someone, you learn somthing new every day.

Well done Dr Butcher, Theres a few labia majoras on this site that you need to sort out.

Yeah, congratulations TB.... :thumbup:

All the same I think it's important for us fans to bear in mind that this award is for services to football - and is in recognition of your very distinguished record as a player.

As far as your coaching/managerial skills are concerned, I'm sure you will agree with me, that your work at ICT is not quite finished yet!

Hope to hell we dont go on a losing streak. His Scotland duties got blamed for our relegation. Can just imagine the flak around his journeys to Southampton.

Oh, I never knew he was to blame for the relegation,

And here was me thinking it was more to do with the fans waving their shoes at someone, you learn somthing new every day.

Well done Dr Butcher, Theres a few labia majoras on this site that you need to sort out.

There were quite a few people voicing the opinion that we were not performing because Terry was away on Scotland duties. A losing run now and he'll be chastised for going to Southampton Uni to lecture.

• Disagree 1

All the same I think it's important for us fans to bear in mind that this award is for services to football - and is in recognition of your very distinguished record as a player.

As far as your coaching/managerial skills are concerned, I'm sure you will agree with me, that your work at ICT is not quite finished yet!

Praps, but as it says he has been lecturing there in coaching - theory and practice. Sure testimony that they value his work in that field.

If we win the league he will get a professorhood.

Your constant and unwavering lugubriousness never fails to amaze me!!!

Having witnessed a speech or two given by Butcher he is truly an inspirational character who (deservedly) commands respect and is able to back it up in his actions. With that in mind in doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he has gained recognition for his contribution to the sport and not only as a player. Not only that, but he uses what he has learned/experienced in the sport to help others in non-football scenarios as well.

Thoroughly deserved recognition for a man who knows more than a thing or two about giving back.

Your constant and unwavering lugubriousness never fails to amaze me!!!

Having witnessed a speech or two given by Butcher he is truly an inspirational character who (deservedly) commands respect and is able to back it up in his actions. With that in mind in doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he has gained recognition for his contribution to the sport and not only as a player. Not only that, but he uses what he has learned/experienced in the sport to help others in non-football scenarios as well.

Thoroughly deserved recognition for a man who knows more than a thing or two about giving back.

Thanks CD.... I've been called much worse than that on here - although mainly by you!

I wouldn't dispute any of your comments on TB, but don't forget his appointment wasn't just good for ICT it has proved to be very good for him too. This club gave him another chance to rebuild his football managerial career, which he gratefully accepted with open arms. What had he been doing up to that point? Working for the now defunct Setanta as I recall. I'm quite sure he was over the moon when he received that invitation from ICT. There may have been one or two hiccups along the way, but the club and TB are now appearing to exude all the attributes of a marriage made in heaven...

Long may it continue..... 3rd place on Saturday will be nice.