FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Next Question Please

Georgeios

Great topic geordie..........I personally don't know the answer to your question.

But.............how many dressings are there in a thousand island dressings.

Edited by tm4tj
wine

why is abbreviation such a long word?

I know the answer to that one, I spent three years studying this subject.

It's because it has never been abbreviated.

Mantis...........I'm not so sure, but it might have been some dirty ***** *******.

In answer to the OP, non stick refers to the properties of the coating, not the coating it's self. Most non stick coatings are derived from or contain polytetrafluoethylene (PTFE) Sometimes called the membrane in goretex, it's seriously slippy stuff. There you go.

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle ?

Because there is no chemical reaction inside the bottle (normally).

The contents of most glues contain a chemical or additive (Cyanoacrylate for SuperGlue) that reacts with either air or water or evaporates when exposed to air.

It will harden in the bottle if you leave the top off for a long time as moisture/air will get in and the open top (if its not one of those with a one-way airtight seal) will allow the reaction to continue by allowing more air or moisture in.

With the top back on - after you have used it for example - even though some air/moisture might have got into the bottle only a little bit of the glue may dry out as the chemical reaction consumes all the air/moisture and has no more it can use until you open the bottle again

Teflon. That's the non-stick stuff. Some coating that makes your sausages not stick to the frying pan. They developed that for space travel. And yet...there's no gravity in space. So you would have thought they'd want their sausages to stick to the pan?!? :unsure:

Thanks for that peep, ok then how do snow plough drivers get to work if the roads are blocked, you never see them parked in the drive ways at night?

no but i do know one who parks in the car park just down from his house...

In answer to the OP, non stick refers to the properties of the coating, not the coating itself. Most non stick coatings are derived from or contain polytetrafluoethylene (PTFE) Sometimes called the membrane in goretex, it's seriously slippy stuff. There you go.

Is that not basically the same thing as the OP said?

Most non stick coatings are derived from or contain polytetrafluoethylene (PTFE) Sometimes called the membrane in goretex, it's seriously slippy stuff.

Indeed, but do you the slipperiest substance known to man?

I don't know what it's called, but it's what Les Fridge's gloves were made from.

• Agree 1