FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup

DJS

I don't live in Moray.

You were the one who pulled up Elgin fans for thinking ICT and Caley were the same :rolleyes: For the record, there not. Caledonian Football Club died in 1994. My point is Elgin fans still see ICT as Caley as Caley contributed 70% of the assets, 80% of the membership, and 90% of the fund-raising capacity during the merger, which is much more of a takeover than a merger.

It was a takeover of Thistle that lead to the Franchise of ICT being created, cant quite see why you couldn't understand that's what I was saying :doh:

I don't want to change this into a Caley vs Thistle debate anyway, as it's not my place. The basic point I was trying to make is Elgin fans still see ICT as Caley and we are well aware the rivalry is not returned on ICT's part, but we don't care.

This is a massive game for us and I can't wait. Come on Elgin :twothumbsup:

DOH - Do Elgin play in Moray ? Apologies as you clearly are just an Hellgin ersehole. :rotflmao::rotflmao: Elgin fan(s) - are ther two of you :rotflmao::rotflmao: DOH - I was tellin ya that ICT and Caley are from different eras :blink: Caledonian FC is not dead - the Howden End is in the Sky and still lights May I recommend a book by Charles Bannerman :rotflmao::rotflmao:

ICT dont look at ya as being a big game - it will be a boring walk over and even more tedious with the Moray Tawts singing songs about a club that they think died in 1994.

But thanks fer restoring my reputation - first red dots in a long time - unless three of them were from you. :rotflmao::rotflmao:

• Agree 2

Caley 0 Elgin 1

Be your rival that night Gordie!!

And STILL the only club in Scottish Football you have not beat

Oh you are my City........

Diddy Club,diddy support,diddy eatern european ground!!!!

The sooner Elgin re-apply to the Highland League the better as they are an embarrassment to the scottish game

dougal

• 1 month later...

Does any one know when the draw for the next round is? Hope it's a good trip somewhere.

I suppose when we pump your arses, a trip to Tannadice would be a change, another diddy SPL Team we have never played against :nanananana:

Edited by mikeelgincityfan

Have to admit this is a hard one for me in terms of who to support on Saturday, on the one hand I honestly feel that if we retain our squad in January we have a great chance of a cup run. On the other hand I have a soft spot for Elgin as my dad's side of the family are from there, also my recently deceased grandmother was a die hard Elgin City fan and lobbied the BBC to get Highland League results read out on BBC Scotland back in the day. An upset would do her justice. I think regardless of what the result is on Saturday I'll be happy.

• Disagree 1

Any idea how many massey fergusons and trailers will be heading through on saturday guys? heard from a polisman today they expect 1000 to make the 2 hour trip along the A96? Should make a good atmosphere.

Does any one know when the draw for the next round is?

2:30pm Tuesday Jan 11th.

Thanks Charles.

Does anyone know why the draws are no longer held on the Saturday evening right after the games? I enjoyed nothing more than returning to the boozer after cup wins with all the excitement and anticipation of who we were to get in the next round.

Whats the chances of this game even going ahead on Sat??

It'll be on. I'm interested to see how this young striker Gunn will perform. I think Tuffey, McBain and Golly will start on Saturday. Big payday for them playing the best team in the North.