FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Duncan Shearer at Cromarty Film Festival

cromfilms

I am one of the organisers of the Cromarty Film festival. We invite interesting people to come to Cromarty and have a chat about cinema and then we screen their favourite film. We had invited Derek Adams but he went off to Hibs. We then asked Terry B but he was otherwise engaged. So at the last minute Duncan Shearer has agreed to be a substitute. His favourite film is Whisky Galore and it will be shown at Cromarty School 19:00 hrs on Saturday night, 4th December. Duncan will be chatting with the audience before and after the screening. Details on our website www.cromartyyfilmfestival.org

I am one of the organisers of the Cromarty Film festival. We invite interesting people to come to Cromarty and have a chat about cinema and then we screen their favourite film. We had invited Derek Adams but he went off to Hibs. We then asked Terry B but he was otherwise engaged. So at the last minute Duncan Shearer has agreed to be a substitute. His favourite film is Whisky Galore and it will be shown at Cromarty School 19:00 hrs on Saturday night, 4th December. Duncan will be chatting with the audience before and after the screening. Details on our website www.cromartyyfilmfestival.org

Pele would hav done it but they couldn't trace his favourite movie "vodka galore" :tongueincheek:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

Pele would hav done it but they couldn't trace his favourite movie "vodka galore" :tongueincheek:

Sorry robby but thats not remotely funny. Here's hoping you go through your whole life never having to experience the pain of alcoholism and how it can affect, not only the alcoholic but those around them.

• Disagree 1

Why do you have to invite interesting people to go to Cromarty ?

Why dont you just pop in to the Royal hotel theres plenty of interesting characters in there to speak to.

Seeing as the town has strong links with the sea and an interest with part of the title, I think DS has picked a good film for Cromarty.

Sorry robby but thats not remotely funny. Here's hoping you go through your whole life never having to experience the pain of alcoholism and how it can affect, not only the alcoholic but those around them.

you are absolutely correct. i apologise if i offended anyone. a moment of madness and a throwaway line i couldn't resist.

i have seen alcoholism at closer range than a lot of people, so all i can say in mitigation is that some people deal with it the best they can.

again, if anyone was offended, please accept my apology.

Edited by robbylad
  • Agree 5

I think big Dunc is a good choice, he will fit in really well with the locals who in my experience all appear to be fellow gingers

dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

I think big Dunc is a good choice, he will fit in really well with the locals who in my experience all appear to be fellow gingers

dougal

Dont you live around the Cromarty Firth as well Dougal?