FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: Transfer Deadline Day

Tichy_Blacks_Back

With only just over nine hours to go, the SPL clubs have spent a total of around ?380k this transfer window on player purchases. ?300k by Celtic on Commons and ?80k by Hibs on Scott. This must be the lowest spend in a January transfer window ever?

It must be. In contrast ?80 million has been spent in the Premiershiip so far!!

I see Hibs have solved their striker crisis by signing another goalkeeper! That's 4 on their books now :ponder:

Ken

The ?85 million is just today for Torres and Carroll. Add ?10 million for Charlie Adam (yes that's right ?10 million for a wee fat set piece taker), ?27 milion for Dzeko and ?24 million for Bent .........that's almost ?150 million without all the rest!

The world has gone absolutely mad!

With only just over nine hours to go, the SPL clubs have spent a total of around ?380k this transfer window on player purchases. ?300k by Celtic on Commons and ?80k by Hibs on Scott. This must be the lowest spend in a January transfer window ever?

It must be. In contrast ?80 million has been spent in the Premiershiip so far!!

I see Hibs have solved their striker crisis by signing another goalkeeper! That's 4 on their books now :ponder:

Ken

The ?85 million is just today for Torres and Carroll. Add ?10 million for Charlie Adam (yes that's right ?10 million for a wee fat set piece taker), ?27 milion for Dzeko and ?24 million for Bent .........that's almost ?150 million without all the rest!

The world has gone absolutely mad!

just to point out from the bbc feed

1833: Anyway, the fact is that I'm lucky enough to be joining you just as it is getting seriously, seriously interesting. Right now, the total spent on transfer fees in this January window 2011 stands at around ?82m. In the next four-and-a-half hours, that figure could - and almost certainly will - be at least doubled, if not more.

thats ?82 Million BEFORE the torres and Carroll moves

El-Hadj Diouf to Rangers on loan until end of season. Seem to remember him spitting on a Celtic fan at Parkhead.

Lafferty probably delighted now that diouf has taken his title as the biggest c**t in scottish football, and by a considerable margin.

• Agree 1

still nothing on Adam! The club are keepiing this one quiet.

99% certain I saw Adam Rooney's car parked in the car park of the Hotel at Broxden Perth at 630am. Maybe he was at Tannadice yesterday then on to Easter Road today.

2055: As we approach the last two hours of the transfer window, I can tell you English clubs have already broken the ?100m barrier for transfer fees spent this month - and that's before the mooted deals for Fernando Torres, Andy Carroll and David Luiz are taken into consideration. Unbelievable. By way of comparison - just ?29m was spent by English clubs this time last year. I repeat what I said at 1830... English football has gone absolutely mad.

^ from BBC , it really Is obscene money especially given the state the country is in.

99% certain I saw Adam Rooney's car parked in the car park of the Hotel at Broxden Perth at 630am. Maybe he was at Tannadice yesterday then on to Easter Road today.

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

I dont quite get what you find so funny!?!

El-Hadj Diouf to Rangers on loan until end of season. Seem to remember him spitting on a Celtic fan at Parkhead.

At least we know Walter Smith has a sense of humour. Pure deadpan wit this one. The Lafferty and Diouf double act will be social gold.

• Agree 1

yeah hearts but hibs fans believe they have him but it is all rumour

There's a fair bit of nonsense circulating tonight surrounding both Hibs and Hearts. The rumours linking both with Rooney tonight appear to have stemmed from the Daily Record's online transfer window deadline countdown (the font of all knowledge of course!!). My contacts have certainly been very quiet in relation to Rooney for a good few days now.

We've also just announced the rather underwhelming signing of Charlton striker Akpo Sodje, and I'd suggest that will be pretty much it from our end.

Edited by StrathspeyHibby