FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup QF on TV

Alex MacLeod

Don't forget your Sunday lunch in there too C1C3, you'll be ravenous by half time. I think you should have special permission to go to the front of the queue for a pie. (yes I know, runners don't eat pies)

Good luck with your time.

Charlie Bannerman normally does the fun run so he's going to have to leg it too. Roy McBain did the half last year so may have to speed up especially if selected to play. Rossco and Grant have been the official starters before although Rossco thought it funny to use the tape to trip people up! But Heyho, it could have been a 1.30 kick off and that would have shafted the lot!

Charlie Bannerman normally does the fun run so he's going to have to leg it too. Roy McBain did the half last year so may have to speed up especially if selected to play. Rossco and Grant have been the official starters before although Rossco thought it funny to use the tape to trip people up! But Heyho, it could have been a 1.30 kick off and that would have shafted the lot!

I'm not doing it this year Danny although I will be there to support my daughter who uses the Fun Run as a 5K time trial in advance of the main 10K season - and likes to see how many blokes she can beat!

So with a 1pm Fun Run start (1pm for the Half), I'll be clearing out by 2pm by which time not even a runner of your talents will have finished the half marathon and I think traffic could be a problem.

I'm planning to stash the car somewhere near the Sports Centre and then to hop through Kinmylies/ Telford Street/ Friars Bridge to the stadium.

I hope that there will be enough time for any half marathoners to get over. If you're on for a 1:20 - 1:30 Half, then that would give you just about an hour to get over but the problem could be road closures if you go through the town and getting parked if you are a relatively late arrival at the stadium.

An extended post-half marathon warm down from the Queens Park to the Caledonian Stadium could be the answer!

(Which reminds me of the time Pele made Vetle Andersen run back from Charleston after excess use of the mouth. :biggrin: )

I don't suppose having two simultaneous big events on in Inverness would cause the police any angst?

Edited by Charles Bannerman