FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

10 Team SPL who would be to blame

12th Man

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you blame

• The SPL clubs
    • Tv sports channels with their pieces of silver
    • Doncaster

Does it really matter who is to blame? What's more important is that it is stopped and looked at properly and in full consultation with everyone, including fans, before they risk making what could be one of the biggest mistakes since allowing clubs to become private businesses.

Why are we, the punters, not down as option 4?

I, like most of us I imagine, give SKY Sports and ESPN about ?50 per month to watch football live. I do it because I love to have, almost every night, live football in my front room (kitchen, lounge and bedroom!). No one is making me do it, it's a choice.

If I, and hundreds of thousands like me (is it millions?) did not do so then there wouldn't be the ridiculous sums of money in our game now. We all know it's ruining it, we can all see the consequences but we still do it.

Punters are as much to blame as any of the three choices listed. It's just easier to lay the blame elsewhere.

A boycott of this type on a European basis is the only way I see the game changing. Do we have the desire?

• Agree 1