FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

12 years ago to this day.........

SMEE

12 years ago on this day...i was Lucky to be at Almondvale, to witness the most enjoyable game of football I have ever witnessed. Sadly ICT got beat 4-3, after being 4-0 down after 20 mins. But....id HAPPILY lose every game if the games were as fantastic as that one. What a top day out it was!

That was the first game I took my mrs to & her comment was "are all games as exciting as this", oh the nievity... Was a belter of a game & I can't think of many more exciting I've been at.

Whether or not we had won or lost yesterday it would have been perfectly reasonable to post about a memorable match which took place exactly 12 years ago. If you can't relive memories then what is the point of having them?

And don't be so negative. OK, so it was a disappointing result yesterday and a tired end of season performance by the sound of it - but we're still in 7th place and set to equal our best ever finish. There is a lot else to remember fondly from the performances which have got us to be in this elevated position. Reflect back on those and be happy!

That wasn't meant to sound a negative comment about a past memory. SMEE believes that to have been the most enjoyable game he has ever witnessed. A game between the top two teams in div 2 at the time. Is it not a sad reflection that that game, even though we came through div 1 twice and have had six seasons in SPL, Knocked Celtic out of cup twice. Achieved great success since then, turns out to be his most enjoyable.

The bus down was excellent fun, as was the seating arrangements, the temporary arrest of a regular poster on this site, the rumble on the bus back and the (fruitless) police search of the bus made for a very interesting day. The football (Charlie King) was alright as well. What a day. Imagine we had won.

That wasn't meant to sound a negative comment about a past memory. SMEE believes that to have been the most enjoyable game he has ever witnessed. A game between the top two teams in div 2 at the time. Is it not a sad reflection that that game, even though we came through div 1 twice and have had six seasons in SPL, Knocked Celtic out of cup twice. Achieved great success since then, turns out to be his most enjoyable.

So, Entertainment and sucsess are directly linked Alex? Rangers are one of the most sucsessful clubs in World Football. I have ALWAYS found them mind numbingly BORING to watch. Id rather be stuck in the 3rd division, losing every game, if they entertained me as much as THAT game, than be in the top league and playing mediocre and inconsistantly

Ive got to agree that the 4-3 Livi match is still one of my favourite matches. Around that time i loved all the distance derbies we had with them and i'm looking forward to the friendly this summer.

• Agree 1

Undoubtedly one of the most enjoyable matches I've witnessed as an ICT fan (and there's been a few). Was also a very strange feeling at the end of the match because, despite being beat, the manner in which the team fought back and bagged 3 goals made it very hard to feel disappointed....in fact, it almost felt as if we'd won and/or taken something from the game.

Was always something a little bit different about our games against Livingston in terms of how the team went out there and played and the atmosphere that existed around the game. In fact, it felt far more like a local derby game than any match we've had against our near neighbours over the bridge.

Not sure I would go so far as to say I would rather lose in this way every week than win a boring game 1-0, and I do think we all tend to look back through slightly rose tinted specs, but I understand the sentiment and do think that we should perhaps go back to the days of full on attack....one entertaining win and two entertaining losses would be a helluva lot better than 3 boring draws.

Good grief, where does the time go?

That is one my favourite games too, I remember singing "we want five, we want five", when we were 4 down and believing we could do it.

eta: If we'd won we would have been promoted as champions.

Edited by PullMyFinger