FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Constant Hooking of Dargo

davieB

Have to say, I thought CC got it wrong last night when he hooked Dargo. Up until that point Dargo had been playing superb, and was linking up brilliantly with Bayne. I thought Barry should have gone off because he looked dead on his feet after putting in a fantastic shift.

You could see how fecked off Dargs was when he saw the board and I don't blame him.

It seems that it's almost inevitable, in most matches now, that as soon as that board goes up for the first time it'll be No17 on it.

If there's one player who'll keep running all game long it's Dargo. If there's one player I'd put my money on to get us a 90th minute goal it'd be Dargo. If there's one player who can do that wee something different it'd  be Dargo.

Just guessing, but I'd imagine Dargs is getting hugely frustrated at being the almost inevitable first change week after week.

Disagree with your point about Dargo being "one player who'll keep running all game long" - that may have been the case last season, but from I have seen and heard this season he isn't chasing a fraction of what he was. 

And IF he was chasing everything all game long then surely fresh legs is the answer, therefor justifying the substitution???

Disagree with your point about Dargo being "one player who'll keep running all game long" - that may have been the case last season, but from I have seen and heard this season he isn't chasing a fraction of what he was. 

And IF he was chasing everything all game long then surely fresh legs is the answer, therefor justifying the substitution???

:025:

As far as being tactical goes I think CC put Wyness on so he would hold up the ball and waste some time... obviously this didn't work but when I heard on the radio he was coming on I thought it was a good idea... in retrospect (and Charlie said this after the game) he should have probably over loaded the midfield and made it more difficult to break us down but he is still learning and at least he had the baws to come out and say so..

I thought both our strikers were tiring & could have been substituted before the goal. They both put in an incredible amount of work up front & tracking back. The goal seemed to give Bayne a second wind & I think it was the right move to take off Dargo. Unfortunately Barry was knackered & should have come off too.

Is it just my impression or does Dargo seem to have  little less pace than ast season especially late on in games ?

maybe he got more time and space playin alonside brewscum. i thought dargo played well last night and was sure that longrange dig was flyin in the top corner, wot a goal that would have been.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Dargo did look to be tiring towards the end - however had a big hand in the goal laying of the ball to Mcbain. I think he still had it in him to go the distance and nick a second. I would have taken somebody else off but thats a different story. Dargo is just not getting time on the ball anymore defenders are closing him down, crowding him out - he also running around waiting for the lay off that never comes. I really hope Dargo signs a new contract however i dont think our style of play suits his game and I am resigned to the fact our best striker will be leaving soon - and hooking him constantly does not help.

Agreed but I thought last night he was chasing and harrasing the Dons defence as they tried to play it along the back. He was getting right stuck into tackles and covering across midfield trying to break up Aberdeens moves forward. I thought he did it well and was much more like the Dargo of last season.

Bear in mind under Brewster we were really fit and maybe that was part of Brewsters tactics - to press and unsettle. Maybe CC doesn't like the forwards to press as much - I don't know.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

I personally think that Dargo is missing his strike partner Wyness - Correct me if  I am wrong but when Dargo began his goal route last season did he and Wyness not mass a respectable 14 goals in 8 games. Now thats a strike partnership

Dargoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaal!

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

I never mentioned Bayne. I have no vendetta against the lad - I am delighted for him scoring a well worked goal by Dargo and McBain. However the post is about Dargo getting hooked.

I will admit though that I personally cannot see past Dargo and Wyness as our strike partnership. They both have qualities that compliment each other and for a good part of last season had a good understanding - and both are instinctual and skillful goalscorers. Its not that I dont like Bayne its that I'd much prefer Dargo/Wyness.....

DARGODONTGO!!!!!

You could see that Dargo was knackered.  He had put in a hard shift against two good defenders in Anderson and Severin.  However, I also felt that either Roy or Barry should have been tactically hooked a bit later on for Sutherland.  The wee lad could have occupied Hart for the last 5 minutes and stopped him getting forward to lay on the equaliser. 

Bayne was probably up for the hook.

Having seen TV tonight Rossco looked a bit sluggish for the goal.  Having said that he missed a lot of early games because of his injury and I thought he was a rock last night against some very good attackers.

Dargo will be fresh Saturday as will Bayne. Dargo will be angry so here's hoping Hibs go to extra time tomorrow and then lose at the death on a terrible penalty miss by Scott Brown.

dargo hooked first again!  if there is anyone going to nick us a late goal its going to be him but for some reason he is always first to go. have to agree with 1MSB as i think that we will lose him soon as he is bound to be getting pi**ed off with this and our hump the ball up the park doesnt suit him at all. tbh i dont think it suits anyone as we have now gone from a good looking football team to one that just doesnae want to lose. i also agree we would score more goals with the dargo / wyness partnership. i am not knocking bayne in any way as he has been great for us but when he plays it seems that we tend to just hump the long ball up to him and hope for a knock on or something. we are a much better team than that and should get back to playing football like we can.

Isn't it great to sit back, with hindsight, and moan. If dargo gets hooked its for tactical or fitness reasons. If its tactical and it works then CC is the hero. If it doesnt work he's the villian. What people seem to forget is that CC knows the abilities of all his players. He sees them day in and day out. He knows how long they can go before tiring. Dargo covers a lot of ground for us so is bound to hit the wall towards the end. And I doubt very much that Dargo would be pi**ed of at being hooked. He's a professional, he knows that if things aren't working something else has to be tried. He's paid to do the job he does when he's asked to do it and to come of, without question, when asked. The manager decides who does what job and when. And if anyone has issues with that then perhaps they shouldn't be here.

As for the Wyness / Dargo partnership, it hasn't worked up till now so why should anything change. Personally I think Bayne is showing signs of being a far better player that Wyness.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Isn't it great to sit back, with hindsight, and moan. If dargo gets hooked its for tactical or fitness reasons. If its tactical and it works then CC is the hero. If it doesnt work he's the villian. What people seem to forget is that CC knows the abilities of all his players. He sees them day in and day out. He knows how long they can go before tiring. Dargo covers a lot of ground for us so is bound to hit the wall towards the end. And I doubt very much that Dargo would be pi**ed of at being hooked. He's a professional, he knows that if things aren't working something else has to be tried. He's paid to do the job he does when he's asked to do it and to come of, without question, when asked. The manager decides who does what job and when. And if anyone has issues with that then perhaps they shouldn't be here.

As for the Wyness / Dargo partnership, it hasn't worked up till now so why should anything change. Personally I think Bayne is showing signs of being a far better player that Wyness.

What planet  are you on ?

Your assertions are based on what?

Some people back from the game quick to form your opinions of players performances and our style today...

We actually played more passing football than ever before and perhaps Dargo was lucky to even be on the pitch at all. Perhaps that's why he was subbed?